[SOLVED] Final Fantasy VII Opengl

• Kaldarasha
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by Kaldarasha Final Fantasy VII Opengl was created by Kaldarasha
Hello guys,

I'm from [strike]a[/strike] The FF7 community Qhimm.com Forums .
Some one has told about this tool and I was quite surprised that it works also with OpenGL.
So I tested it of course but I got a few problems:
  • When the game is in field mode (semi 2D/3D) a lot off the bottom is cut out.
  • Most effects produce an color inverted image
Btw.the game runs with OpenGL 2.0

I don't expect that many effects would work, I mainly aiming for the filmgrain effect.

A few things why I use the Custom OpenGL Driver. The directX9 renderer of the rerelease has many bugs and it miss an important feature which only the Custom driver has: external texture support.
The driver has actually the possibility to use custom made shaders but there isn't nobody who has the knowledge about shader programming so we have only a few basic mods for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Final Fantasy VII Opengl
All effects work with OpenGL as they would with Direct3D, that's the beauty of ReShade. Anyway, could you post some screenshots of those issues and a tracelog (rename the "opengl32.log" to "opengl32.tracelog" and run the game again)? =)

• Kaldarasha
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by Kaldarasha Replied by Kaldarasha on topic Final Fantasy VII Opengl
I think it is the Custom driver itself which produce the black bottom. If I'm correct then it's the space were it shows debug information (sadly this can't be turned off ).
I have managed it to counter the negate effect with another option from an different shader plugin, but I don't want to use an additional shader only to compensate an effect.

TraceLog

Effects used: Filmgrain,Vignette,FXAA,BLOOM,HDR
Warning: Spoiler!

Now with the Debug message

With a different shader plugin (COLORMOOD)

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Final Fantasy VII Opengl
If by color inversion you mean that those images should mainly contain red instead of blue (or the other way round), you need to update your video card drivers. This was a bug in an older NVIDIA driver, which they have fixed since.
About the black bar at the bottom: Are you sure that this thing does not exist if you remove just ReShade? There is nothing wrong in the log.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaldarasha

• Kaldarasha
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #5 by Kaldarasha Replied by Kaldarasha on topic Final Fantasy VII Opengl
As I said it's the custom driver which do conflict with the post process. I think it's Aali who has to fix it (but I assume he won't because he probably has stopped working on it)

I won't update my video card driver. Sadly my gpu isn't that good (630M) and Nvidia has some how managed it that the GPU heat had increased by 10%(Which is a neckbreaker on a notebook) after I had updated the driver, so I needed to fall back. :dry:

Thanks for the help.

I could solve the problem entirely. Updated the driver (in the hope Nvidia has reduced the heat production) and more important I found out that the higher internal resolution has caused the problem.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Kaldarasha. Reason: Solved it

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.