Gears of War AO and DOF problems / questions

• r3dfield
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by r3dfield Gears of War AO and DOF problems / questions was created by r3dfield
I use the latest reshade version and can't get AO to work in Gears of War. I play on DX9. Didn't try DX10 yet, but doesn't matter in other games. Any ideas? Is it because of the Unreal Engine?

Second thing is, I can't find any proper DOF settings for this game. Works well in other 3rd Person games like Dead Space, but not in gears. I use Matso DOF on manual mode, but either everything is blurred or nothing. Even auto Mode doesn't work. In auto there is no blur at all.

Can anybody help or has some ideas? Would be nice. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Gears of War AO and DOF problems / questions
Did you check if ReShade provides depth buffer access for that game (via the depth output shader)?

• Kleio420
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Gears of War AO and DOF problems / questions

crosire wrote: Did you check if ReShade provides depth buffer access for that game (via the depth output shader)?

wait doesn't gears of war have protection from any type of hooking/injection being done on the exe unless im mistaken or there has been a fix put in idk how reshade is even working on gears of war

• r3dfield
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #4 by r3dfield Replied by r3dfield on topic Gears of War AO and DOF problems / questions

crosire wrote: Did you check if ReShade provides depth buffer access for that game (via the depth output shader)?

Damn, that's it. Just checked Depth Output with MasterEffects (didn't use that before) and just get a white screen with it, BUT the character turns black, when aiming down sights and zooms in. AO is also working on my character, while aiming down. So I think there's nothing I can do, right?

Kleio420 wrote: doesn't gears of war have protection from any type of hooking/injection

You already answered this, you can remove it.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by r3dfield.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kleio420

• r3dfield
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by r3dfield Replied by r3dfield on topic Gears of War AO and DOF problems / questions
Okay then...I think there is no solution for this. GoW Ultimate Edition is coming soon, maybe ReShade works better with this one.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 9 months ago #6 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Gears of War AO and DOF problems / questions

r3dfield wrote: Okay then...I think there is no solution for this. GoW Ultimate Edition is coming soon, maybe ReShade works better with this one.

you wont need reshade with the new version

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.