[SOLVED] FSX.cfg tweak causes crash to desktop

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by luluco250 FSX.cfg tweak causes crash to desktop was created by luluco250
This tool www.venetubo.com/fsx.html can optimize Flight Simulator X very well through editing FSX.cfg and guarantee constant 60 FPS. However it causes incompatibility problems with ReShade, causing the game to crash to desktop whenever ReShade tries to inject itself.
All it does is change/add configurations within "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg", such as correct Vsync, better texture settings, CPU&GPU optimizations etc.
Any idea how to fix it?
Here's the ReShade log: pastebin.com/CJ7TWKUz
Here's the tweaked FSX.cfg: pastebin.com/V5L87TBd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic FSX.cfg tweak causes crash to desktop
Could you do a before and after comparison of what has changed?

• padolamap
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by padolamap Replied by padolamap on topic FSX.cfg tweak causes crash to desktop
forgiveness to put me but what I see in your FSX CFG are repeated many times the video card so that injection can lead this problem, make a copy of your FSX cfg and remove this using the simulator to generate a new one and clean and make the change that venetubo

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #4 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic FSX.cfg tweak causes crash to desktop
Sorry for the delay, it seems even after deleting the modified FSX.cfg (thus generating a fresh one) I'm getting a CTD. I wonder if this is due to updating the ReShade preset to a newer version? I'll report more as I find out.
UPDATE: Apparently using the default settings causes a crash, with a backup of my previous settings such crash does not seem to occur (even with a newer, clean ReShade version), I'm going to compare settings. Interestingly enough, d3d10 preview was enabled in the old settings but not in the default ones though ReShade is still injected with d3d9.dll in both cases. So the problem probably isn't related to the optimization tool but rather some configuration that needs to be set specifically otherwise it crashes upon injection. I'll investigate further and perhaps this will be worth adding to FSX's compatibility list description.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by luluco250. Reason: Updating

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #5 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic FSX.cfg tweak causes crash to desktop
Sorry for double posting, but I finally figured it out. Apparently disabling d3d10 preview causes the crash to desktop. Whether this is the only thing that causes it or it's a combination of factors is beyond me, in general to be safe I'd recommend enabling it to avoid the crash with ReShade until gets fixed.

• padolamap
More
8 years 8 months ago #6 by padolamap Replied by padolamap on topic FSX.cfg tweak causes crash to desktop
first of all I apologize if my English is not good because I use a translator. I am using FSX Reshade in both DX10 and DX9 without any problem even with depth buffer, I have just installed the DX10SceneryFixer and the REX and other aircraft and sets everything working perfectly

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.