Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Garry's Mod Reshade Bug Undeclared Indentifier

Garry's Mod Reshade Bug Undeclared Indentifier 1 year 3 months ago #1

• Rev
Hello I recently installed re-shade and master-effects for garry's mod following an online tutorial that was conveniently released today. But when I start it up a message pops up on the top left corner of the screen, the message is below. I tried going in the Reshade.FX and deleting the lines of code the error message is providing for me. But every time I do, another error message, then another, then another. And I think I'm doing more harm than good. I've restored the file to it's default state so I could get an actual SOLUTION to this problem.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin\ReShade.fx(1248, 22): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'fSSAOSamplingRange'

Failed to load effect C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin\ReShade.fx(1235, 19): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'AO_TEXSCALE'
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Garry's Mod Reshade Bug Undeclared Indentifier 1 year 3 months ago #2

• Ioxa
  • Thank you received: 245
It looks like you are using a preset that was made using an older version of MaterEffect, maybe version 1.1.115.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rev

Garry's Mod Reshade Bug Undeclared Indentifier 1 year 3 months ago #3

• Rev
Ah, so what should I do to fix it?

Garry's Mod Reshade Bug Undeclared Indentifier 1 year 3 months ago #4

• Ioxa
  • Thank you received: 245
Use this version of MasterEffect.

I could be wrong on this, I'm just going by the undeclared indentifiers, so you may want to check with whoever made the preset you're using. And if you need a different version than the one I linked to, there are more legacy versions in the MasterEffect thread in the Shaderpacks section of the forum