Video Capture - OpenGL Games

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #1 by SnQQpy
Video Capture - OpenGL Games was created by SnQQpy
Hi Everyone thanks for taking the time to read this. ;)

I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct place - please let me know if I haven't.
I'm having an issue capturing video with Reshade Effects showing when recording OpenGL games.

I generally use Afterburner/RivaTuner for capture but I've also tried Bandicam using a variety of different codecs. Reshade shows fine in-game and the videos record fine but just without my Reshade effects.

I've spent a few days researching for a solution before coming here.
I have no issues at all with DirectX games and I've been using SweetFX/Reshade for some years and generally find a workaround but OpenGL I know I've had trouble with in the past. It seems that the effects for OpenGL seem to skip the render pipeline capture?

I've not seen anyone provide a solution to this issue anywhere on the Net but I've seen quite a few people reporting issues with OpenGL and Reshade. However I don't have the problem of seeing the effects in-game, just can't capture. Incidentally true of screenshots for OpenGL also.

My current game to capture is SOMA, and I'd like to solve it for this one if its possible. Any help would be gratefully received. :)

Looked at Hooking delays for RT etc.. without success but as I said I'm not seeing the issue until I check the video capture.
If you need more info just ask. :P

SPECS:
Win7 64bit Pro
i7 3930K unlocked
32gb DDR3 Corsair Platinum
ROG 8GB GTX1070 in SLi (note disabled for SOMA)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #2 by SnQQpy
Replied by SnQQpy on topic Video Capture - OpenGL Games
For some reason I wasn't able to edit my post hence this;
Meant to provide: ReShade 4.5.3, Afterburner 4.6.0 beta9, Bandicam 4.5.5.163
SOMA both Steam Version and NoSteam

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #3 by qpghzm
Replied by qpghzm on topic Video Capture - OpenGL Games
I hope my solution can help you.
Disable Aero desktop, or
disable desktop composition in compatibility tab of the capture app.