MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

More
7 years 3 months ago #381 by Constantine PC
Replied by Constantine PC on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I like this whole revisiting thing. It's like you have someone proof reading stuff for you.

Thanks for the Update. Are there plans to re-implement moving film grain/grain eventually too?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #382 by Koklusz
Replied by Koklusz on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Are there plans to re-implement moving film grain/grain eventually too?

He answered this on previous page. :)

1) Algorithm didn't change at all.

Any idea what could be the issue? I don't know if my screenshots show this properly, but basically entire flare has same brightness, instead of fading from the center. I'm guessing it may has something to do with HDR setting, but changing USE_HDR_MODE doesn't have any effect on flare.

3)No, since all DOF shaders now use the same focussing. DOF blur radius is also global so all DOF shaders have now same. Lower it and all DOF shaders have it lowered. And fVTexelSize is the wrongest parameter ever to control blur size with old Matso focussing.

I see, but could it be possible to have some setting (like 0/1 toggle) that would stretch DOF vertically in, something like, 2 to 1 ratio? Weird request, I know, but that would allow oval, anamorphic DOF , which is a neat effect if you going for "filmic" look. fvTexelSize allowed something like that, but Matso DOF didn't have any quality setting in older versions (as far as I'm aware of), and bokeh didn't look very good up close, hence why I would like have something like that in new version, of course, if that's possible.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Koklusz.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #383 by Marty McFly
Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@AndreyKva: How did manual focus break for you?
@brussell: Oh, you shook hands with ME's enigmatic structure? :D That sampler is code I might use later, I didn't comment it out because ReShade enables samplers only when they are used by a pass anyways, that's why so many of them are possible at once. Please, if you find more temporarily unused code, keep it.
And there is a reason why CA is in an own pass, other shaders that also do texture samples will overwrite each other, I've never seen a single "fix" where someone didn't break anything.
@Constantine PC: Yes, it will be re-added.
@Koklusz: Uhm are you sure that you use the exact same values? And I also think it's something with HDR levels but I checked, code didn't change a single bit.
And yes, I can add a value that determines the ratio of the pixelsize.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Koklusz

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #384 by brussell
Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty, I reuploaded a new archive which now seems to work fine. I've just moved heathaze, sharpen and explosion in the lighting pass. Maybe it's of some use for you.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by brussell.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #385 by Marty McFly

Marty, I reuploaded a new archive which now seems to work fine. I've just moved heathaze, sharpen and explosion in the lighting pass. Maybe it's of some use for you.

Then the flares aren't affected by the heathaze as they should, I must find another solution. But keep digging into my code, the more contradictions you find, the better.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Marty McFly.

More
7 years 3 months ago #386 by Koklusz
Replied by Koklusz on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Uhm are you sure that you use the exact same values?

Yes
Warning: Spoiler!

And yes, I can add a value that determines the ratio of the pixelsize.

Thank you so much.

More
7 years 3 months ago #387 by vfxninjaeditor
Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hey Marty, I had an idea for the GI. Is there any way you could implement a way to adjust the near depth that GI is applied to? I noticed that GI tends to flicker a lot of first person hands and weapons as you move through the environment (even though your weapon is often not anywhere close to the source of the GI). Having the ability to adjust the near depth value to just turn of GI on weapons and stuff would be awesome.

More
7 years 3 months ago #388 by Marty McFly

Hey Marty, I had an idea for the GI. Is there any way you could implement a way to adjust the near depth that GI is applied to? I noticed that GI tends to flicker a lot of first person hands and weapons as you move through the environment (even though your weapon is often not anywhere close to the source of the GI). Having the ability to adjust the near depth value to just turn of GI on weapons and stuff would be awesome.

Actually, first person hands/weapons have often bugged depth info. GI takes care of distance between casting object and illuminated object so the common bug of AO techniques that two objects which are far away from each other but are close in screen space are affected isn't present in GI. It's most likely that the hands/weapons have a different depth info which makes the algorithm believe they are like 100 metres away and - of course - blends them with an object 100 metres away. You can check this out with the depthbuffer output.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #389 by AndreyKva
Replied by AndreyKva on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@Marty McFly, sorry, I should have included more details. The manual focus, it's supposed to focus on things, right? But the things I'm focusing on, they're still blurred by the depth of field. I don't think they're blurred as much as they would be if I wasn't focusing on them, but it's still not that good at focusing. I tried changing DoF settings, but I've had no luck. I'm not really a pro user or anything (IE I don't really understand much of the technical mumbo-jumbo thrown around in this forum), and I'm new here, so I'm sorry if I'm missing something out.

I've tried using the same values for DoF as I used before the update, but no luck. I can upload a screenshot of the values and stuff if it's needed.

EDIT: Never mind, I managed to fix this. The issue was with the Manual Focus variable itself. Setting it to 0 enables it, but setting it to 1 disables it, which is a bit confusing. Sorry.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by AndreyKva.

More
7 years 3 months ago #390 by Marty McFly

I can upload a screenshot of the values and stuff if it's needed.

Yes, do that please, otherwise I cannot find out if you are just using wrong values or it's something wrong code-wise. Also please provide a screenshot of the depthbuffer output, thanks.

Aren't normal maps beautiful in their own way? Oh and a thing I've been experimenting with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #391 by Elimina
Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty, do you know what causes a game to have full depth buffer access, but some objects are not detected? An example is some streets/ stairs are detected, but then other streets/stairs are not detected. Therefore they use whatever depth of field level (blurriness) that is directly behind it. In this case, the sky box. This leads to extreme blurriness on these objects. What causes certain objects to be detected while others are not? (All assassin's creed games except for black flag) AC3 and AC4 work almost fine but some objects like chimneys and barrels are still not detected
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Elimina.

More
7 years 2 months ago #392 by vfxninjaeditor
Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I have noticed that most of the time an object is invisible is because of a shader issue. Not so much an issue as a decision by developers. The cloth curtains in AC1 for rooftop hiding are not detected by the depth buffer because they used a translucent shader model for it.

More
7 years 2 months ago #393 by AndreyKva
Replied by AndreyKva on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@Marty McFly, like I said, the issue was with how setting Manual Focus to 0 enables it and setting it to 1 disables it. It's just a tad of confusion, that was all.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #394 by polyneutron
Replied by polyneutron on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi all! First of all, thank you very much, Marty for all the stuff you're making, and thanks everyone contributing to this. You guys are awesome!

I've downloaded, installed and tweaked the latest ReShade and MER, and I must admit it's pretty cool to experiment with - not to mention amazing visuals it brings alongside. But as soon as I launched the game (in my case I started to test it in NFS HP (2010)) I found a strange thing there: toggling the effects makes the image look not just blurry, but also like if some canvas-like (I don't know how to actually call it) effect was applied, and it looks terrible. And it happens without any effects turned on!

Sharpening helps a bit, but still the whole thing looks messy and unpleasant, to say the least. I've zoomed in using Office Picture Manager to demonstrate it.
Here's an original screenshot with MER toggled off:

And here's an image with MER toggled on (but with no effects applied, no sharpening here as well):

Sorry if something similar have already appeared on forums, but personally I haven't found anything on a problem like this.
*May be I'm doing something wrong here, but it looks like this when I don't touch anything inside the MasterEffect.h file or other configs. I tried to reinstall it a few times and still got it.
UPD: Good Lord, why these Image Links won't just work properly, and enlarge on click? Damn :( :unsure:
//fixed
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Marty McFly.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #395 by Elimina
Dear Marty,
For years before this, I was hoping that there would be a mod that would allow you to inject DoF and lens flares into any game you want. When I heard about ReShade, I was so excited, but i had to wait until the next day to use it. The next day i went all out, modifying all of the games i had. This is a breakthrough in graphical modification in games, and you have helped tremendously to further Reshade's goals. I know that I have made old games look new, and the worst graphiced games look brilliant, but I never expected Garry's Mod to change so much. I decided to make a video on it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmp909

More
7 years 2 months ago #396 by Marty McFly

@Marty McFly, like I said, the issue was with how setting Manual Focus to 0 enables it and setting it to 1 disables it. It's just a tad of confusion, that was all.

:blink:
#if(DOF_MANUALFOCUS == 1)
	depthsum = DOF_MANUALFOCUSDEPTH;
#endif
That's the code, it overwrites the autofocus depth if manualfocus is enabled.
@Elimina: The objects have to write into the depth buffer and this is frankly the game's fault itself if there is something wrong with it. Some no-collision objects do that but if any solid object does it, then it's game bug and ReShade can't do anything about it except certain objects are rendered after the point where ReShade grabs the Buffer.
@polyneutron: Odd, that looks as if parts were renderedwith lower resolution...does that also happen with SweetFX?
@Elimina[2]: Nice video! When comparing your graphics with those of stock garry's mod, I must admit you've found some nice tweaking values! I'm currently collecting demonstration videos (as I'm not capable of recording some on my own since I almost play nothing else besides BF3, Diablo III and League of Legends and since I've got banned in BF3 already once because of using the Ninja Ripper in order to access the textures, I use no overlay/plugin/whatsoever in multiplayer anymore) so I'd like to link your video in the first post soon, is that OK for you?

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #397 by Elimina

so I'd like to link your video in the first post soon, is that OK for you?

Thank you Marty. That is fine with me :)

P.S. Also, I was planning to work on a ReShade compilation of several games instead of just one, but I am still deciding which games I should record.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #398 by polyneutron
Replied by polyneutron on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@Marty McFly, I checked the SweetFX today (a default preset which ships with ReShade v16), and nothing similar to my problem occured there.

1: SweetFX off:

2: SweetFX on:

The game now looks even sharper that yesterday, and I thought like "WOW!" for a sec. But then I noticed that by default there's a Lumasharpen toggle activated in SweetFX config. Oh well.
But it's certainly no any blurring on screen out there.

P.S.: If I messed up the pics again (which is more likely) I'm really sorry about it. Again.
Because I haven't seen any tut on how to add pics or something, and no, I'm not too much into bb codes and stuff. Sorry about that. ;D

UPD: Yup, my bad on these pics. Once again, sorry for that, and thanks @Marty McFly for fixing it last time.
But I should learn how to make things right myself, so I'm gonna continue editing it for now. *sigh*
UPD2: @SpinelessJelly, thank you a ton for sharing the spoiler box bbcode!
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by polyneutron.

More
7 years 2 months ago #399 by SpinelessJelly
Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@polyneutron: Here's the bbcode for putting pics into spoiler boxes. Just remember to use picture urls, not web pages containing pictures. The "img size=" value can be changed to make you picture fit in the forum spaces
[spoiler][img size=850]http://oi62.tinypic.com/293yr12.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
The following user(s) said Thank You: polyneutron

More
7 years 2 months ago #400 by tybalitea
Replied by tybalitea on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@Marty McFly
hi, was wondering about the tiltshift, if it would be possible
to add a custom mask option, i've made an example there :

imgur.com/a/V2gEh#0

it's just a retouched picture on a image editor,
I really don't know how hard it would be to implement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: selfboil, jmp909