Depth-based shaders have smaller resolution than screen??

4 weeks 1 day ago #1 by aili
Hey everyone!
First of all: I'm not good with technological stuff and even though I've been using Reshade for a while, I don't really understand any specifics - so please bear with me if the terms I use are completely wrong or if I don't understand what you are telling me :S also I'm not a native speaker and might get some stuff wrong because of that lol

Sooo... I use reshade 3.4.1 and I use it for the sims 4
I did not change ANYTHING related to reshade (to my knowledge?), there was no game update or anything, but suddenly a few days ago reshade acted like I installed it for the first time (like, it showed the tutorial, I had to add the presets and set up all the paths again etc) and since then everything is messed up -
the depth-based shaders (I hope that's right??) seem to "think" that the screen has a lower resolution than it actually does - I'll just include some pictures instead of trying to explain it ;)

adaptive fog and depth haze...

mxao

cinematic dof

... I assume you get the idea? :D

I really don't know what to do, I don't understand enough about this whole thing - sorry if there's a super easy solution!

Hope someone can help and thanks a lot in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 weeks 22 hours ago - 4 weeks 22 hours ago #2 by aili
okay I don't know what happened, but as some of you might know there was a big patch yesterday for ts4 and now reshade works again??
I'm super relieved, but if one of you has an idea about what might've been the cause I'd be happy to know in case it happens again, so maybe I can fix it then :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.