Far cry 4, Far cry 5 and Ghost Recon Breakpoint "superdepht 3d" shader not work

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1 by URANIA333
in Far cry 4, Far cry 5 and Ghost Recon Breakpoint the "superdepht 3D" don't have any depht 3d (I can see the changes I'm making while ingame, so the shader is there, but it seems that it can't find the depht buffer in these games) ... all the other shaders (tonemap, lumasharpen, colors, lighting ecc... are working).  The "superdepht 3D" shader also works perfectly in all of the other games I've tried ( for example: ghost recon wildlands, far cry 3, all of the watch dogs games, all of assassins creed games, cyberpunk, prey, ride 4, deus ex, the witcher, days gone ecc...) so I'm unable to find why.... I'm not an expert, If someone have some suggestions, it would be cool, thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #2 by URANIA333
edit,  I managed to make the 3d to work with far cry 4 and 5, also far cry 6, I just had to edit reshade.ini  a bit.... ghost recon breakpoint seems not working at all, probably because of the constant  "forced online mode", which disables the depht reading by reshade, I suppose
Last edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by URANIA333.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #3 by SubjectBucko
Did you have performance loss in Far Cry 6. FPS drop by 40% to 50%. What reshade version you using … 4.9.1?
Also how did you edit the Reshade.ini please?
Thank you 

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #4 by URANIA333
i'm using reshade 4.9.1 version. I have i7 9700 + GTX 1070ti, using Virtual Desktop to send the screen to Oculus Rift cv1. Usually in games I have from 20 to 30% fps drop (lowering to 1680x1050 resolution and then sharpening with lumasharpen or other, it looks like 1080p, while still doing at least 90 fps). In Far Cry 6 strangely I have just 1 fps difference between normal game and activating reshade (with a lot of shaders I like to use and SuperDepth3D_VR.fx shader), I dont know why..... but with or without it, in this game I just get from 40 to 55 fps max, so I lock it to 45 and its smooth for me, also without stuttering...
For the depht shaders to work, For example in Far Cry 6 the "DepthCopyBeforeClears=0"  and "RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1"  they work like that,
In Far Cry 4 and Far Cry 5 the "DepthCopyBeforeClears=0" has to be 1, and "RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1" remains 1, while in Far Cry 3 the "DepthCopyBeforeClears=0" remains 0 but the "RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1" has to be 0....
So when trying games usually changing mixing these things works for me, of course maybe some versions of reshade works better with some games than others, giving smoother gameplay, but need time to try them because theres lot of reshade versions out there..... then there are some games you need older reshade versions for depht to work.

Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by URANIA333.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #5 by URANIA333
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by URANIA333.