"Double" cursor in Skyrim and ENBoost

More
7 years 1 week ago #1 by shinigami87
"Double" cursor in Skyrim and ENBoost was created by shinigami87
Fist of all, hi all and please forgive me if this is not the appropriate section...

I have installed ENBoost (injector version, I play on a notebook with the infamous Nvidia Optimus system) and Reshade with a sweet Fx preset in my Skyrim. I pointed ENBoost to the renamed d3d9.dll after renaming it and Reshade starts ingame as intended, but I have two issues: first of all, the "overlay effects" (not even sure I can call them like that) of Reshade seem to nullify those of ENBoost (like starting message and the Fps counter by pressing "*". Not that I care much, but I'd rather not use another software like Fraps just to check Fps.

Second (and more annoying) when I move my cursor ingame to look around, I see my mouse cursor appearing on the sides of the screen. I tried to search around for an insight, also in this forum, but found none. I hope you cand help me and sorry if I am actually asking something idiot or trivial, as I said I am completely new to this tool.

Regars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 week ago #2 by BrandonHortman
Replied by BrandonHortman on topic "Double" cursor in Skyrim and ENBoost
Try setting your ENBLOCAL.INI to borderless windowed mode then set to windowed mode in the Skyrim launcher.

Also there is a mod www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36125/?
Never tried it though.

Also you can turn off ReShades counter, but it is preferable to use it, versus injecting a third thing into your game ( as is my understanding )

More
7 years 1 week ago #3 by crosire
Replied by crosire on topic "Double" cursor in Skyrim and ENBoost
To turn ReShade's FPS counter on first, set ReShade_ShowFPS to 1 in SweetFX\Global_settings.txt

More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #4 by shinigami87
Replied by shinigami87 on topic "Double" cursor in Skyrim and ENBoost
Ugh, I am an idiot. Sorry, I realized I didn't explain myself well enough. I am actually using the ReShade + framework version together with a preset I downloaded from Nexus, this one: www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66171/?

Anyway, I was able to activate the fps count by tweaking the ReShade/common_settings.cfg (Hope I did nothing wrong)

Unfortunately, I had no luck with that "double cursor" problem: well, it's a bit difficult to explain. If i set windowed mode from the Skyrim launcher (or ini files) I get the windowed mode (with visible borders tho) and the double cursor problem disappears. But when I try setting borderless and fullscreen windowed mode from the ENBoost local.ini file, for whatever reason it doesn't work. I still get the borders, which is a mess, esp. considering I play on a 15' laptop. Plus, in windowed mode I get a huge fps drop, more than 10 fps actually. Anyting else I could try?

Tanks in advance Brandon and Crosire, both for answering so fast and being so helpful

EDIT I am really starting to think that all the "fixes" and "settings" applied by ENBoost injector (included "fixcursorvisibility") are somehow "overwritten" or "disabled" by reshade. Is that even possible?
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by shinigami87.