Settings file location

• Sh1nRa358
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by Sh1nRa358 3.0 alpha feedback was created by Sh1nRa358
Hope you can make it so that settings can be saved in reshades location too. you can solve this by doing an ifelse statement that says if the location isnt under the system drive program files, then save to its folder. if not then save to appdata. why? alot of ppl don't like when saves are all over the pc instead of one place. makes things easier to clean, backup, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 3.0 alpha feedback
No. The stuff in AppData is user specific and is there for a reason. Where you store presets, shaders and image files is a different story. You may put them wherever you want (that's what the search paths are for).

• brussell
More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic 3.0 alpha feedback
I think Sh1nRa358 has a point here. I often copy ReShades files between game folders and in it's current state I have to change the settings (menu key, screenshot key, -format etc.) manually for every game or copy the according section inside of Apps.ini. This is not very convenient. Hence I propose that ReShade checks the game directory first, so it's search path looks like this:
.../GameFolder/ReShade/*.ini 
first and then
.../<User>/Appdata/Roaming/ReShade/*.ini
and the Apps.ini in .../GameFolder/ReShade/ like the following example, whereby empty paths default to the parent folder (= .../GameFolder/).
DeveloperMode=0
ScreenshotPath=
MenuKey=123
ScreenshotKeyCtrl=0
MenuKeyCtrl=0
ScreenshotKey=44
MenuKeyShift=1
ScreenshotKeyShift=0
ScreenshotFormat=1
EffectSearchPaths=
TextureSearchPaths=
Presets=
CurrentPreset=0

That would make these things much easier. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sh1nRa358

• crosire
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 3.0 alpha feedback
Alright. That's a reasonable compromise.

EDIT: Renamed Apps.ini to Settings.ini. ReShade now first checks for a .\ReShade\Settings.ini in the game folder and loads all INIs from that folder if it is found, and falls back to AppData if not.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pondural, brussell, bopper2010, OtisInf

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.