• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #121 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 2.0
Updated to 2.0.1f4:
  • Added mouse overlay shader displaying the mouse cursor position and an option to DOF to auto-focus to the mouse cursor
  • Changed default assistant tool colors to match the old Mediator colors (feel free to change them)
  • Updated the ReShade Assistant (see Ganossa's post for more info)

Edit: Tip for those who prefer a click-based navigation: Crank the "Navigation Delay" value all the way up. You can then switch to tabs by clicking on them rather than just hovering over.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: angellman, SpinelessJelly, Sekta, Ganossa, Golgotha, piltrafus, OtisInf, ahnion
The topic has been locked.
  • Sekta
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #122 by Sekta Replied by Sekta on topic 2.0
Software Rendering works like a charm for AMD crossfire. Thanks Ganossa.

edit: The Assistant tool is actually really nice. It's so easy and fast to make changes and make profiles.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Sekta.
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 1 month ago #123 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 2.0
The next update arrived :side: I hope some of you have a little left of their weekend to try it out ;)

All major Assistant changes are listed in the following:

Hotfix #4 Changelog (ReShade Assistant)
  • Added navigation delay option with click to skip feature
  • Added first tutorial tips to profile and preset tabs for new users
  • Added more short cuts (ctrl+R > reset; F2 > update profile/preset)
  • Added editing feature (LeftAlt+Selecting a shader in pipeline will open the .cfg file with the notepad)
  • Disabled navigation to Globals, Shaders/Pipeline and Values tabs if there is no content displayed
  • Sorta added a fix for non-central management or missing/misrecognized profiles and preset selection for preview tools
  • Slightly changed the Assistant's highlighting
  • Added an option to toggle software rendering in the Assistant (might improve performance for some if toggled off/on)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, angellman, SpinelessJelly, Sekta, Golgotha, piltrafus, OtisInf, ahnion
  • OtisInf
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #124 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic 2.0
@Ganossa, would it be a lot of work for you if you generate the parsed cfg files to markdown from the Assistant? E.g.:

## Shader name

### Section (the //>bla<\\ name)

variable
:<tab>Help description<space><space><enter>
<tab>range
<enter>
variable
:<tab>Help description<space><space><enter>
<tab>range

etc.

?

I can then use it to generate static help pages using my DocNet tool ( fransbouma.github.io/DocNet/ ) It's obviously not an option to have in the public UI, but if it's possible for you to do, it could be a nice help system for reshade (combined with the current .md file in the shader repo, which I can cut up in multiple .md files). It searchable locally, and when it's put on a webserver, no server side code needed ;).

I ask you this because the assistant has an in-memory datamodel from the parsed cfg files so it's the easiest to get markdown files from the cfg files :)

Think about, no rush :) Cheers.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by OtisInf.
  • Wicked Sick
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #125 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic 2.0
With this new fix, can I just move my preset folder from the old fix to the new version or will I have to tweak it all by hand so it will not cause issues with the new changes?

EDIT:

Also, the tool for testing, the cube, never worked for me. Is there anything that I can do?
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Wicked Sick.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #126 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 2.0

Wicked Sick wrote: With this new fix, can I just move my preset folder from the old fix to the new version or will I have to tweak it all by hand so it will not cause issues with the new changes?

Yes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #127 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 2.0
@Otis, sure I can help with that but I would need a specific example on one or two shader which I can refer to.
You need that output only once, is that right? (so I give you the generated files for each shader or shader group)

Wicked Sick wrote: Also, the tool for testing, the cube, never worked for me. Is there anything that I can do?

I am not sure if it is the same issue but if you are on Win10, people had problems with the rendering (though I think in general). They could resolve it by setting the compatibility mode to Win7 or Win8. Let me know if that helps in your case
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, kaicooper
  • SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 1 month ago #128 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic 2.0
Hi.

My LoL still crashes... so frustrating. (almost only game, i play sometimes)
I opened thread reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/1837-le...crash-on-start#13328 but nobody helped.

I think about one thing. Probably it's not a case, because 1.x version works 100% fine, but:
If sometimes game loads OK, and sometimes it crashes or reshade overlay say "loading shaders" and then few errors (only sometimes, most often it just crash)
It possible to make delay between starting game and loading/compiling shaders?
Probably i'm wrong, but for some reason i think it can be cause of crash.
  • OtisInf
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #129 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic 2.0

Ganossa wrote: @Otis, sure I can help with that but I would need a specific example on one or two shader which I can refer to.
You need that output only once, is that right? (so I give you the generated files for each shader or shader group)

Ideally it would be every time a new release is done, so changes in the shader configuration (not the values, but the variables) are automatically picked up. But thinking about it some more, it's not a feature of the assistant tool, it only could be in there because a cfg parser is in that tool. So I think I'll look at some regexp's to see how far I can get with those. Will try next weekend. (so you don't need to add anything to the assistant tool, i'll convert the info otherwise, as it's not a feature the assistant should be bothered with.)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by OtisInf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganossa
  • Wicked Sick
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #130 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic 2.0

Ganossa wrote: @Otis, sure I can help with that but I would need a specific example on one or two shader which I can refer to.

Wicked Sick wrote: Also, the tool for testing, the cube, never worked for me. Is there anything that I can do?

I am not sure if it is the same issue but if you are on Win10, people had problems with the rendering (though I think in general). They could resolve it by setting the compatibility mode to Win7 or Win8. Let me know if that helps in your case

hahaha It is working now under compatibility mode with W7 (: haha
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Wicked Sick.
  • MonarchX
More
8 years 1 month ago #131 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 2.0
Why is Grim Fandango - Remastered problem not being addressed? It doesn't work with ReShade 2.00 or newer. Period. I get CTD upon launch. ReShade 1.1.0 with either 1.1.0 or 1.2.0 binaries works fine. I know this game is not graphically amazing, but its quite possible other games are affected too!
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #132 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 2.0

MonarchX wrote: Why is Grim Fandango - Remastered problem not being addressed? It doesn't work with ReShade 2.00 or newer. Period. I get CTD upon launch. ReShade 1.1.0 with either 1.1.0 or 1.2.0 binaries works fine. I know this game is not graphically amazing, but its quite possible other games are affected too!

How exactly am I supposed to do that without owning the game? Since this appears to be a very specific problem.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by crosire.
  • BrokenDog
More
8 years 1 month ago #133 by BrokenDog Replied by BrokenDog on topic 2.0
Is it still possible to duplicate effects like in previous versions? doesn't seem to work for me anymore (TuningPalette shader) using the same method as in previous versions, thanks for the hard work.
  • Khronikos
More
8 years 1 month ago #134 by Khronikos Replied by Khronikos on topic 2.0
Hey, in presets I am getting a reset of the shaders that does not include some of them when I scroll back down. Like there is no SMAA function. What am I doing wrong, or is this a bug?
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #135 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 2.0

Khronikos wrote: Hey, in presets I am getting a reset of the shaders that does not include some of them when I scroll back down. Like there is no SMAA function. What am I doing wrong, or is this a bug?

Unless there is something wrong with the selected preset file, you should be able to find SMAA in the list. Use the filter field and type in "SMAA", this should highlight the shader and make it easier to see when you scroll through the list :)

BrokenDog wrote: Is it still possible to duplicate effects like in previous versions? doesn't seem to work for me anymore (TuningPalette shader) using the same method as in previous versions, thanks for the hard work.

It should still be possible like before. However, because of the severe changes and because it appeared that user have never used that "feature", we did not include the setup and example to do such thing in the default release.

@Otis, alright, let me know how that goes and in case you need any assistant for that matter. :) I am currently working on some (rather mind boggling) shader but would surely have some extra time!
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Ganossa.
  • Camiel
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #136 by Camiel Replied by Camiel on topic 2.0
is there still a way to do the whole thing manually ?
(some of us do not have, or even want to have, net framework in our systems)
  • TheGrayMan
More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #137 by TheGrayMan Replied by TheGrayMan on topic 2.0
The author of the reshade assistant [...]. :lol: Why does he refuse to add an option for clicking on the tabs. This delay switching is complete garbage. He needs a lesson in ui design :angry:
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by crosire. Reason: Removed insulting text
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #138 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 2.0
@TheGrayMan: Please take a look at the forum rules, especially rule #2.
  • BrokenDog
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #139 by BrokenDog Replied by BrokenDog on topic 2.0

Ganossa wrote:

Khronikos wrote:

BrokenDog wrote: Is it still possible to duplicate effects like in previous versions? doesn't seem to work for me anymore (TuningPalette shader) using the same method as in previous versions, thanks for the hard work.

It should still be possible like before. However, because of the severe changes and because it appeared that user have never used that "feature", we did not include the setup and example to do such thing in the default release.

Thanks for the reply, I get this error though :
preprocessor error: redefinition of
The error message repeats with all the TuningPalette values like TuningPaletteintensity, ect.
This is using the same duplication method I was using with the previous versions, so I guess it might be related to the new version.

I understand you not supporting that feature though, since hardly anyone uses it.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #140 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 2.0

Camiel wrote: is there still a way to do the whole thing manually ?
(some of us do not have, or even want to have, net framework in our systems)

What OS are you using?

TheGrayMan wrote: The author of the reshade assistant [...]. :lol: Why does he refuse to add an option for clicking on the tabs. This delay switching is complete garbage. He needs a lesson in ui design :angry:

reshade.me/forum/releases/1791-2-0?start=120#13414

BrokenDog wrote: Thanks for the reply, I get this error though :
preprocessor error: redefinition of
The error message repeats with all the TuningPalette values like TuningPaletteintensity, ect.
This is using the same duplication method I was using with the previous versions, so I guess it might be related to the new version.

I understand you not supporting that feature though, since hardly anyone uses it.

You probably forgot to #undef the variables after including the original shader in the duplicate shader (as done in the example of the previous versions).
Futher the shader itself has to have a check on including the normal settings file (which should not happen in case the duplicate variable is set in the duplicate shader file).
Do you still have those previous files as references?
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by Ganossa.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.