• That_aint_working42
More
8 years 4 days ago #211 by That_aint_working42 Replied by That_aint_working42 on topic 2.0
How can I apply effects to preview imagine? And do I need to do that, or maybe effects got applied automatically?
The topic has been locked.
  • Camiel
More
8 years 4 days ago #212 by Camiel Replied by Camiel on topic 2.0
I have the similar problem as Yaruosu
DEPTHHAZE (along with all other Otis shaders) only kicks in only when Reshade toggles off
and changing depth settings in Global.cfg does nothing to it

Win 10 x64
  • OtisInf
More
8 years 4 days ago #213 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic 2.0

Camiel wrote: I have the similar problem as Yaruosu
DEPTHHAZE (along with all other Otis shaders) only kicks in only when Reshade toggles off
and changing depth settings in Global.cfg does nothing to it

Win 10 x64

Ok, but that's strange, as they're rendered by reshade ;) So toggling reshade off makes them not to be rendered. I still think the negative depth buffer is likely the culprit. What game are you using them on btw? They require depth buffer access, i.e. if the game you're using them on doesn't allow reshade depth buffer access, the shaders won't work.
  • OtisInf
More
8 years 4 days ago #214 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic 2.0
I think I know what the problem is. If I use scroll-lock, I indeed am unable to switch off reshade (the DoF keeps present). However scroll-lock is the default key to toggle effects on/off.

All my shaders are OFF by default. So if you don't specify any different key for toggling, pressing scroll-lock will switch them ON and as scroll-lock apparently doesn't switch OFF reshade, you'll see the effects being toggled ON.

So two things:
1) reshade apparently doesn't toggle off with scroll-lock. (Crosire?)
2) you should specify a different key to toggle the shaders on/off, e.g. VK_F8 for F8.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yaruosu
  • Camiel
More
8 years 4 days ago #215 by Camiel Replied by Camiel on topic 2.0
Changing RESHADE_TOGGLE_KEY has no effect at all,
all Otis shaders are turned on as soon as Reshade toggles off

Another thing is that DEPTHHAZE horizon line follows camera's vertical axis,
that is it moves as the camera moves up and down

maybe all this is due to the fact is for an online game ? gw2
some sort of bug with reshade's network detection perhaps ?
DoF seems to obey toggle key tho (even if it only renders when the toon is not moving)
  • OtisInf
More
8 years 4 days ago #216 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic 2.0

Camiel wrote: Changing RESHADE_TOGGLE_KEY has no effect at all,
all Otis shaders are turned on as soon as Reshade toggles off

Please read my post above: the reshade toggle key doesn't seem to toggle OFF reshade (when I enable DoF through my custom bound key and press scroll-lock, nothing happens) You shouldn't change RESHADE_TOGGLE_KEY, you should bind another key to the effect.

Another thing is that DEPTHHAZE horizon line follows camera's vertical axis,
that is it moves as the camera moves up and down

maybe all this is due to the fact is for an online game ? gw2

Yes, an online game doesn't have a depth buffer (as that's switched off in reshade for online games) and due to that most of my effects don't work, as they all need a depth buffer. If that's empty, the effect won't work ;). It will then simply see full depth for everything (all pixels have depth of 1.0, the maximum) and every pixel gets the same treatment, which isn't what should happen as it should blend based on depth.

Depthhaze's fog is centered around the horizontal middle line because that will look the most natural (if the depth buffer is enabled, you won't notice it btw) as the camera up/down position isn't known in the shader.

some sort of bug with reshade's network detection perhaps ?
DoF seems to obey toggle key tho (even if it only renders when the toon is not moving)

DoF won't work either in the online game.
  • kingeric1992
More
8 years 4 days ago #217 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic 2.0
RESHADE_TOGGLE_KEY toggles effects, not reshade itself....
the key is defined in ReShade/Profiles/Default/Global.cfg.

What is ON by default and specified effect key to be RESHADE_TOGGLE_KEY will turn off when keypressed and vice versa.

Though, I would like the idea of having a reshade master switch to turn off not just shaders, but everything entirely such as debug overlays.
  • OtisInf
More
8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #218 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic 2.0

kingeric1992 wrote: RESHADE_TOGGLE_KEY toggles effects, not reshade itself....
the key is defined in ReShade/Profiles/Default/Global.cfg.

What is ON by default and specified effect key to be RESHADE_TOGGLE_KEY will turn off when keypressed and vice versa.

Though, I would like the idea of having a reshade master switch to turn off not just shaders, but everything entirely such as debug overlays.

To my knowledge in v1 it switched off all effects, e.g. you had enabled dof, pressed scroll-lock to disable it. Will test, just a sec.

(edit) Nope, you're right, I'm wrong. I now realize I remembered it looked like it switched off because of the sweetfx shaders which all piggyback into one pass and toggling one means toggling them all (the bug is still there).
Last edit: 8 years 4 days ago by OtisInf.
  • apoklyps3
More
8 years 3 days ago - 8 years 3 days ago #219 by apoklyps3 Replied by apoklyps3 on topic 2.0
thanks for the new version, but can somebody please make a tutorial on how to import your effects from an older version, wich files from where to where. like a tutorial for brain dead people, because let me tell you mediator was no piece of cake , but this assistant makes it impossible.
Last edit: 8 years 3 days ago by apoklyps3.
  • That_aint_working42
More
7 years 11 months ago #220 by That_aint_working42 Replied by That_aint_working42 on topic 2.0
To be honest- I hate reshade 2.0 with passion. Sure, the removal of scrollbars is a good thing, as weel as new effects and improvements to the old ones, but the new mediator menu is just totally crappy in my opinion. It's mutch less intuitive than the one from reshade 1.1, mutch more complicated (more complicated doesn't mean better) and causes astronomical amount of bugs and problems. Seriously, what was the point of changing old menu mediator? Why couldn't you just add these new features without changing it?
  • MonarchX
More
7 years 11 months ago #221 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 2.0

That_aint_working42 wrote: To be honest- I hate reshade 2.0 with passion. Sure, the removal of scrollbars is a good thing, as weel as new effects and improvements to the old ones, but the new mediator menu is just totally crappy in my opinion. It's mutch less intuitive than the one from reshade 1.1, mutch more complicated (more complicated doesn't mean better) and causes astronomical amount of bugs and problems. Seriously, what was the point of changing old menu mediator? Why couldn't you just add these new features without changing it?

I honesty agree, although Assistant-related efforts are separate from ReShade 2.0, which I love now that the bugs I experienced were fixed. I kept posting and telling that they are trying too hard to create some kind of modern UI with smooth effects, etc. Who cares for that? I would prefer a rectangular box with several tabs, one for profiles, one for presets, one for shaders, one for values, and standard Windows colors (not black and orange mediator colors). This program has the type of UI that would work great for ReShade:
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #222 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 2.0
There won't be a ReShade Assistant in 3.0 anymore.
  • NeverExists
More
7 years 11 months ago #223 by NeverExists Replied by NeverExists on topic 2.0
Hi great work! Just one thing, ReShade no longer works with Soma, and I mean any ReShade. I've tried the old ones and it get's stuck on this

wglMakeCurrent(FFFFFFFFE1011304, 0000000000010001).
  • sajittarius
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #224 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic 2.0

crosire wrote: There won't be a ReShade Assistant in 3.0 anymore.

:(

I really like the Assistant/Mediator. Every version has its quirks, people just overreact to new things, lol.

Edit: i just found the 3.0 thread talking about the in game GUI, pretty neat. Hope it comes out as good as the early pics promise :)
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by sajittarius.
  • MonarchX
More
7 years 11 months ago #225 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 2.0

NeverExists wrote: Hi great work! Just one thing, ReShade no longer works with Soma, and I mean any ReShade. I've tried the old ones and it get's stuck on this

wglMakeCurrent(FFFFFFFFE1011304, 0000000000010001).

The latest version of SOMA GOG Edition works flawlessly with ReShade 2.0.3f1 on my PC.
  • Deane
More
7 years 11 months ago #226 by Deane Replied by Deane on topic 2.0
Hi.. I was using the legacy version 1.1 for Skyrim with no problem whatsoever. Trying the latest version 2.03..

1) Profile not detected. Starts assistant, add new profile, point the exe to TESV.exe .. Assistant display TESV_Skyrim. Manually duplicate Default folder and renamed to test. Select preset -> point to test folder. Launch Skyrim, profile not found, reverting to default. Even the preview tool cant find profile.

2) This new version have problem with my shortcut with argument. I launch Skyrim via SKSE with -forcesteamunloader to get the memory patch working. I have a potato so the less program running in background the better, including steam. If I ran from shortcut, skyrim opens and crashed right away, v1.1 didnt have this problem.

Its dissappointing to be honest.. I'm not that fluent with coding, but I know my way around window explorer. Manually dropping this into skyrim root folder is a hassle since now the reshade.fx dig deep into reshade -> profile -> preset folder while the old version just directly into 1 folder in.

Heck, I cant even share my preset on Nexus because I cant even get it to work unless I replaced the default preset folder (and screw everyone that download my preset). And the other option is I bundle the .dll and custom tweak the reshade.fx to remove the profile check but I dont want to do that because I still respect your wishes to not have them distributed other then here.

On Win7 in case you wanna asked.
  • aufkrawall
More
7 years 11 months ago #227 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic 2.0
Has 2.0 been removed from the main site because of the mediator?
  • OtisInf
More
7 years 11 months ago #228 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic 2.0

aufkrawall wrote: Has 2.0 been removed from the main site because of the mediator?

Hmm that's odd indeed. So much work went into creating 2.0 shaders. It's indeed odd the main download reverted back to 1.1.
  • Qsimil
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #229 by Qsimil Replied by Qsimil on topic 2.0
It's under Alternative downloads, just scroll down entirely to bottom of the page :-)
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Qsimil.
  • OtisInf
More
7 years 11 months ago #230 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic 2.0

Qsimil wrote: It's under Alternative downloads, just scroll down entirely to bottom of the page :-)

I saw that, it's just that the official latest release is apparently been switched back to 1.1, which is rather odd, I'd say ;)
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.