Is it possible to get this result with ReShade?

• mickevincent
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by mickevincent Is it possible to get this result with ReShade? was created by mickevincent
Ok. I have been nagging some about the Waifu2x filter and maybe, just maybe, it can be ported as a shader to PlayStation emulation in a near future according to some developers. But I'am wondering, is it possible at all with ReShade to get this result?

From the original picture

To this Waifu2x upscaled and denoised

Yes, I know ReShade can't upscale. But maybe it still can be done by different effects? Denoise, some smoothing etc. I can't do it. I have tried, oh I have tried alot now. If someone could make it look exactly the same, I would be very grateful.

/Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mickevincent
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by mickevincent Replied by mickevincent on topic Is it possible to get this result with ReShade?
Here's another example

This would be the holy grail of PS1 rpg emulation.

• Abby
7 years 10 months ago #3 by Abby Replied by Abby on topic Is it possible to get this result with ReShade?
Look i am not a professional but go and try using the following effects, It should works 90%:

Emboss
Paint
HQ4X
FineSharp maybe with AdaptiveSharpen
Denoise (not sure)
Very little amount of Cartoon
And maybe high density of FXAA and SMAA lol.

And try to set them perfectly to get this look, you need to know everything deeply about these effects and what every value controls. And ReShade can make the image look like this absolutely.

• Moonkey
More
7 years 10 months ago #4 by Moonkey Replied by Moonkey on topic Is it possible to get this result with ReShade?
This would not be possible, unless they suddenly decided to pack a neural network that has scanned thousands of images (based on anime/manga) and can run on an everyday processor into ReShade. :P

• piltrafus
More
7 years 10 months ago #5 by piltrafus Replied by piltrafus on topic Is it possible to get this result with ReShade?
Waifu2x works very well over flat color with outlines. However lacks temporal coherence when used over high frequency texture detail. With other words, introduces flicker on textured areas. At least that's what I felt when I tested it.
It's a cool tech definitely.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.