Can't get UIDetect work

• Fabu
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #1 by Fabu Can't get UIDetect work was created by Fabu
Hi, I try a lot of things but I can't get the uidetection works, the effects just pass through the layer UIDetectMaskRGB as it shows:

Without the effect
ibb.co/T1k1zbc

With effect eneable, with a reset before
ibb.co/0f7MgfF

The only thing that "works" is the black area - UI desired - that is eneable by uimask_bottom
ibb.co/WtQGHcs

I noticed that when I eneable uidetect, it doesn't appear any option to adjust, nothing happens

Any help is appreciated!
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Fabu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brussell
More
3 years 10 months ago #2 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Can't get UIDetect work
First, UIMask is a seperate shader. UIDetect only uses UIDetect, UIDetect_Before, UIDetect_After and comes with it's own UIDetectMaskRGB.png.

Have you read the description ( github.com/brussell1/Shaders/blob/master/Shaders/UIDetect.fxh ) and followed it's steps?

• Fabu
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #3 by Fabu Replied by Fabu on topic Can't get UIDetect work
Hi Brussell,

Yes, I followed the description but I don't know what I'm missing... this is my UIDetect.fxh config

#define PIXELNUMBER 3

static const float3 UIPixelCoord[PIXELNUMBER]=
{
float3(40,8,1),
float3(39,7,1),
float3(84,4,1),

}
static const float3 UIPixelRGB[PIXELNUMBER]=
{
float3(0,0,0),
float3(212,203,196),
float3(192,184,144),
}
*/

This is the png image that I use for detection:
ibb.co/5241Dz7https://ibb.co/5241Dz7

and the effects order:
ibb.co/0f7MgfF

The pixel coordinates and color are based in this top left part of the screen (1920x1080)
ibb.co/T1k1zbc

Thanks!

• brussell
More
3 years 10 months ago #4 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Can't get UIDetect work
Are you sure you set "UIDetect_USE_MASK" to true?
If yes, it could be possible that the color values you got from the screenshot don't match with the real ones. You can check this via "UIDetect_ShowPixel" (details in description) and edit the values accordingly.

• Fabu
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #5 by Fabu Replied by Fabu on topic Can't get UIDetect work
About the first, yes, as the follow image:

ibb.co/VDSTWRT

I check the colors and coordinates in Photoshop and they are ok, but as you said in the instructions maybe there is some change ingame vs screenshot, so how I can eneable UIDetect_ShowPixel? it this an effect? because I don't find it in the library

"-UIDetect_ShowPixel must be the first and only effect in the load order when used"

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Fabu.

• brussell
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #6 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Can't get UIDetect work
Yes, you should find UIDetect_ShowPixel in the list of effects. Once enabled, you can set the x and y position of the pixel for which you want to see the color.
Then take a screenshot and use a color picker tool in Photoshop to see the real RGB values.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by brussell.

• Gabe_over
More
2 years 3 months ago #7 by Gabe_over Replied by Gabe_over on topic Can't get UIDetect work
Hello im having issue with making Detect UI work... tried everything that came to my mind. Here is video showcasing what I did, if you can please help me :(

• brussell
More
2 years 3 months ago #8 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Can't get UIDetect work
@Gabe_over

... it could be possible that the color values you got from the screenshot don't match with the real ones. You can check this via "UIDetect_ShowPixel" (details in description) and edit the values accordingly.
So in your case, activate UIDetect_ShowPixel as the first in the effect order and enter your first coordinate (3025,112) into Pixel X-Position, Pixel Y-Position. Take a screenshot and check the real color values of that pixel and write/correct them in the UIPixelRGB array. Always start with one pixel for every UI-layer. If it works with one pixel, add another one etc.

• Gabe_over
More
2 years 3 months ago #9 by Gabe_over Replied by Gabe_over on topic Can't get UIDetect work
So I did exactly that, but with the default 2 pixels per UI, RGB values were slightly different from ones that I got from the screenshot, but it didn't work either. So I should try with single-pixel?

• brussell
More
2 years 3 months ago #10 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Can't get UIDetect work
Yes, it should look like this:
#define PIXELNUMBER 1

static const float3 UIPixelCoord_UINr[PIXELNUMBER]=
{
    float3(3025,112,1),  
};

{
    float3(xxx,xxx,xxx),      //your RGB values from the ShowPixel-screenshot
};

Btw, are you sure the UI is 100% opaque?

• Gabe_over
More
2 years 3 months ago #11 by Gabe_over Replied by Gabe_over on topic Can't get UIDetect work
So what now? I got pixel cords for the skull, got show pixel, screened it, got RGB values, and modified it to just use one pixel. Still nothing :/
[img
[img

• Gabe_over
More
2 years 3 months ago #12 by Gabe_over Replied by Gabe_over on topic Can't get UIDetect work
Pretty sure. When screened without clear alfa channel - im pretty sure that element is opaeque.
[img

Yes, it should look like this:
#define PIXELNUMBER 1

static const float3 UIPixelCoord_UINr[PIXELNUMBER]=
{
float3(3025,112,1),
};

{
float3(xxx,xxx,xxx), //your RGB values from the ShowPixel-screenshot
};

Btw, are you sure the UI is 100% opaque?

• brussell
More
2 years 3 months ago #13 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Can't get UIDetect work
Hmm, what Stalker game/mod is this? Seems I need to check it out.

• brussell
More
2 years 3 months ago #14 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Can't get UIDetect work
I did a quick test with Stalker Anomaly Dx11AVX and it works just fine for me.

As a last option you could try to raise the value of epsilon in line 29 of UIDetect.fx a bit, eg 0.0001 instead of 0.00001.

• Gabe_over
More
2 years 3 months ago #15 by Gabe_over Replied by Gabe_over on topic Can't get UIDetect work
That EFPs 3.0 Custom UI.... will try testing with line 29 today.

• brussell
More
2 years 3 months ago #16 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Can't get UIDetect work
I've just updated the shader. I don't know if the changes solve your problem, but you should try it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yossarrian

• Yossarrian
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #17 by Yossarrian Replied by Yossarrian on topic Can't get UIDetect work
Hello Sir,

Thank you for this fine script. It is working as a charm with menus. I came accross to an issue though. Im using DOF shaders but when I pull a gun in game (lets say in Cyberpunk 2077) I´d like to use detect UI to hide DOF. I made a video with the issue and following scenario...The gun holstered means no HUD elements (all shaders active), I pull the gun out the HUD interface pop on the screen (all shaders should decativate according the pixel taken from the screen with HUD). Seems to be working but I tried several different pixel HUD spots but always with the same result - flickering (turning the shaders on and off rapidly).

Would you have any ideas how to solve this issue? Im using UIDetect 2.2.

Thank you.
Yoss

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Yossarrian.

• brussell
More
2 years 2 months ago #18 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Can't get UIDetect work
Are you sure that the HUD is 100% nontransparent?

• Yossarrian
More
2 years 2 months ago #19 by Yossarrian Replied by Yossarrian on topic Can't get UIDetect work
Well, it seems that all in-game hud objects in Cyberpunk 2077 cant work with DetectUI as they are not probably fully opaque. What a shame. Thanks anyway.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.