Is a shader for Auto Exposure (Eye Adaptation) removal a possibility?

• RealRobD
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #1 by RealRobD Is a shader for Auto Exposure (Eye Adaptation) removal a possibility? was created by RealRobD
I saw a post about adding the effect but nothing about removing it.
It's my uneducated guess that it cannot be removed. Please tell me I'm wrong XD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tojkar
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #2 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Is a shader for Auto Exposure (Eye Adaptation) removal a possibility?
Not really. The problems for that is exactly the same as with the eye adaptation or auto exposure shaders, except possibly even more severe and hard to account for as removing dynamic changes to make relatively static output is on quite a bit different level than the other way around.

Regardless, you can use the eyeadaptation.fx(or something, can't remember the exact name) with negative strengths to have it do the opposite it is supposed to. The same could possibly be done with other similar shaders with various results. You could use something like Color Mask  to limit the effects strength and mask it based on luma.

Just a small tip to solve an enormous amounts of possible problems and to get the exact results you want: what ever shader you are configuring, do not let the soft limits made by the creator of the shader to limit you. If you press CRTL down and then tap the number fields and such with mouse, you can input values manually overruling the shaders supposed limits both over and under them. Many shaders have completely unexpected uses, for example Deband.fx and the afore mentioned Color Mask can be combined to have them act local contrast enchanting shaders. Completely outside of what either of them are supposed to do.

Here's my settings of that example just to give you some inspiration to experiment

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Tojkar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.