TransMod (Config Ports to ReShade 1.0 & Later)

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1 by Ganossa TransMod (Config Ports to ReShade 1.0 & Later) was created by Ganossa
As requested by many SweetFX user, I created a small tool that will allow everyone to port old presets (SweetFX, MasterEffect and Framework) to the new ReShade 1.0 and later.

How does TransMod work:
TransMod stands for TransferModule and lets you transfer the values (shader/variables) of any relevant stand-alone shader pack to the current and any future ReShade 1.0. To do that, you have to select an input configuration file from which those values will be read and select any valid output configuration file (*..cfg). TransMod will then automatically transfer values from the input to the output files. This is done very fault tolerant (considering value ranges and similar), which means that you should in 99% of the cases end up with a configuration file that is readable by the mediator and ReShade. Of course you have the option in the tool to let it create a backup file, just in case :)
For all values that could not be ported or found in the input file, you can generate a comment in the output file (debug option in TransMod) which will point those out to you for manual editing.
You are further able to open each file (input/output/backup) from within TransMod to check or edit them directly.
So far all existing shader and variables are ported (from my own testing) from e.g. SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade configuration.

Please leave feedback or ask questions if something is unclear!
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, Alex_outer, Marty McFly, SpinelessJelly, Quentin-Tarantino, Constantine PC, Mobeeuz, MiscSarcasm, cheapImpact, Golgotha and 2 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SunBroDave
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)
As always, great stuff Lucifer. Keep up the good work.

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)
Thanks and since I am done, here a little explanation on how it works and what you can do with it:

TransMod stands for TransferModule and lets you transfer the values (shader/variables) of any relevant stand-alone shader pack to the current and any future ReShade 1.0. To do that, you have to select an input configuration file from which those values will be read and select a valid output configuration file such as SweetFX.cfg or GemFX.cfg. TransMod will then automatically transfer values from the input to the output files. This is done very fault tolerant (considering value ranges and similar), which means that you should in 99% of the cases end up with a configuration file that is readable by the mediator and ReShade. Of course you have the option in the tool to let it create a backup file, just in case :)
For all values that could not be ported or found in the input file, you can generate a comment in the output file (debug option in TransMod) which will point those out to you for manual editing.
You are further able to open each file (input/output/backup) from within TransMod to check or edit them directly.
So far all existing shader and variables are ported (from my own testing) from e.g. SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade configuration.

In the following are all input and related output files listed that are available for port in TransMod:

SweetFX_settings.txt ---to--> SweetFX.cfg

MasterEffect.h ---to--> SweetFX.cfg
MasterEffect.h ---to--> CustomFX.cfg
MasterEffect.h ---to--> GemFX.cfg
MasterEffect.h ---to--> McFX.cfg

BasicFX.cfg ---to--> BasicFX.cfg
CustomFX.cfg ---to--> CustomFX.cfg
GemFX.cfg ---to--> GemFX.cfg
McFX.cfg ---to--> McFX.cfg
SweetFX.cfg ---to--> SweetFX.cfg

Please leave feedback or ask questions if something is unclear :side:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SiriusHours

• Mobeeuz
More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)

LuciferHawk wrote: Please leave feedback or ask questions if something is unclear :side:

Ya, the download is where again? :P

• matsilagi
More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)

Mobeeuz wrote:

LuciferHawk wrote: Please leave feedback or ask questions if something is unclear :side:

Ya, the download is where again? :P

Next update.
Don't think its live tho, im anxious for the retina effect he added.

• Sassy
More
8 years 6 months ago #6 by Sassy Replied by Sassy on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)

LuciferHawk wrote: BasicFX.cfg ---to--> BasicFX.cfg
CustomFX.cfg ---to--> CustomFX.cfg
GemFX.cfg ---to--> GemFX.cfg
McFX.cfg ---to--> McFX.cfg
SweetFX.cfg ---to--> SweetFX.cfg

Does this mean it will be possible to - for example - port a preset from Framework V1 to V2 (new shaders, improved shaders, etc) without manually copypasting settings over? :woohoo: And what happens to settings that got renamed/reworked?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpinelessJelly

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)

Sassy wrote: Does this mean it will be possible to - for example - port a preset from Framework V1 to V2 (new shaders, improved shaders, etc) without manually copypasting settings over? :woohoo:

That is correct. ;)

Sassy wrote: And what happens to settings that got renamed/reworked?

If a shader gets reworked there is usually anyway no sense to use old values/variables. You will have to find new configurations for that. :)

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)
Since we are not yet clear about the next release date, you can download and try the tool on the first post of this thread :side:

Enjoy and please report possible bugs and give feedback. Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, Mobeeuz

• Sassy
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #9 by Sassy Replied by Sassy on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)

LuciferHawk wrote:

Sassy wrote: And what happens to settings that got renamed/reworked?

If a shader gets reworked there is usually anyway no sense to use old values/variables. You will have to find new configurations for that. :)

I meant this more from your tool point of view.
"For all values that could not be ported or found in the input file"
What happens when some values are found - for AmbientLight for example - and some are not (as in: you added some options). Does it still write the valid options into it even if they might be not that great anymore and need to be adjusted or do they get completly ignored?

Another question: Can your tool port SweetFX 1.5.1(or GemFX) presets aswell? I'm not sure about the differences between the sFX 1.5.1 and 2.0 configs.

Oh and thanks for putting it up already - gonna play with it a bit. :cheer:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Sassy. Reason: typos :s

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #10 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)
Yes, all matching values will be ported even if some do not match. The point of the TransMod is to help you as good as possible to automate the porting of configuration files while additionally respecting value limits set by the developer. :)

You can also port SweetFX 1.5.1 configurations to ReShade 1.0. However, there will be less values matching cause SweetFX 1.5.1 supported less features than 2.0

• logout20
More
8 years 6 months ago #11 by logout20 Replied by logout20 on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)
ok i downloaded a setting.txt file from lazy.net...point transMod to it but i have to rename it to Sweetfx_settings.txt or it won't detect it......... ok done....now what i have to do in order to load the output in mediator ...mediator>browse folder didn't detect the output when i point the mediator browser to the folder where the transMod output is located...

• Sassy
More
8 years 6 months ago #12 by Sassy Replied by Sassy on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)
SweetFX_settings.txt ---to--> SweetFX.cfg

When I select a SweetFX_settings.txt file as input i' m not allowed to select a SweetFX.cfg file as output.
SweetFX_settings.txt --to--> SweetFX_settings.txt works. :silly:
(tested sFX 1.3 , 1.4 and 1.5 presets)

MasterEffect.h ---to--> SweetFX.cfg
MasterEffect.h ---to--> CustomFX.cfg
MasterEffect.h ---to--> GemFX.cfg
MasterEffect.h ---to--> McFX.cfg

Seems to work. :)

Would it be possible to select an output folder instead of an output file so ME.h automatically gets split into all 4 files and so on while having the default layouts stored directly in your tool?

Could the debug and backup function be active by default or be remembered (for testing :) )?

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #13 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)

logout20 wrote: ok i downloaded a setting.txt file from lazy.net...point transMod to it but i have to rename it to Sweetfx_settings.txt or it won't detect it......... ok done....now what i have to do in order to load the output in mediator ...mediator>browse folder didn't detect the output when i point the mediator browser to the folder where the transMod output is located...

What configuration did you intend to port to reshade 1.0? Why would someone rename the SweetFX_settings.txt @ theLazy.net?

If you want to port from SweetFX (SweetFX_settings.txt) to ReShade 1.0 you need to select the SweetFX.cfg in the ReShade folder as output :)

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #14 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)

Sassy wrote: When I select a SweetFX_settings.txt file as input i' m not allowed to select a SweetFX.cfg file as output.

Thats a bug indeed, good find and will fix it :)
EDIT:: I just checked and there is no problem with that. Whats the name of your input file?

Sassy wrote: Would it be possible to select an output folder instead of an output file so ME.h automatically gets split into all 4 files and so on while having the default layouts stored directly in your tool?

Its possible and I thought about it but it would only be helpful for ME presets. It also has to be an option cause the user still needs to be able to select which file he wants to overwrite, think of several presets applied to different files. I will think about it but dont hold your breath :P

Sassy wrote: Could the debug and backup function be active by default or be remembered (for testing :) )?

The only way I know to do that is adding meta data to the tool which I would rather not for such a small tool. How about activating backup by default so no one overwrites files and debug deactivated by default cause some might not be aware of it adding additional comments. :huh:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Ganossa.

• Sassy
More
8 years 6 months ago #15 by Sassy Replied by Sassy on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)

LuciferHawk wrote:

Sassy wrote: Could the debug and backup function be active by default or be remembered (for testing :) )?

The only way I know to do that is adding meta data to the tool which I would rather not for such a small tool. How about activating backup by default so no one overwrites files and debug deactivated by default cause some might not be aware of it adding additional comments. :huh:

Okay! :silly:

LuciferHawk wrote: "Why would someone rename the SweetFX_settings.txt @ theLazy.net?"

Isn't it always SweetFX_settings_gamename_presetname.txt? Maybe a weaker file recognition like SweetFX_Settings*.txt so you can keep the original file names? Not that it's a big deal but it might be a nice convenience. :)

• logout20
More
8 years 6 months ago #16 by logout20 Replied by logout20 on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)

Sassy wrote:

LuciferHawk wrote:

Okay! :silly:

LuciferHawk wrote: "Why would someone rename the SweetFX_settings.txt @ theLazy.net?"

Isn't it always SweetFX_settings_gamename_presetname.txt? Maybe a weaker file recognition like SweetFX_Settings*.txt so you can keep the original file names? Not that it's a big deal but it might be a nice convenience. :)

what i was trying to convey to him...anything with SweerFX_settings should work...i have to rename it......it doesn't produce sweetfx.CFG file...how to use the output to mediator ????

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #17 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic TransMod (SweetFX 2.0 to ReShade 1.0)
For running with SweetFX the configuration file always has to be named SweetFX_settings.txt. If a preset creator renamed the file for the upload then its his responsibility that you need to rename it later (does not matter for which purpose).
Anyhow, since you say many do that I will make TransMod more flexible at this point.

@logout20, you need to have the ReShade 1.0 + Mediator that you want to use installed somewhere and point TransMod output to the configuration file to which you want to port (so in your case /ReShade/SweetFX.cfg) :)

• killersquirrel14
More
8 years 6 months ago #18 by killersquirrel14 Replied by killersquirrel14 on topic TransMod (Config Ports to ReShade 1.0 & Later)
I've downloaded the link and every time I try to open it it says, "transfer module has stopped working" I've tried opening it as administrator as well. Am I missing some step. Thanks in advance for any input!

• bopper2010
More
8 years 6 months ago #19 by bopper2010 Replied by bopper2010 on topic TransMod (Config Ports to ReShade 1.0 & Later)
Wow thanks Lucifer your'e a legend, cant wait to port over all my old presets and make them useable in Mediator and Framework.

• Horus
More
8 years 5 months ago #20 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic TransMod (Config Ports to ReShade 1.0 & Later)
This thread needs to be a sticky :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.