MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• SAM609
More
9 years 3 months ago #61 by SAM609 Replied by SAM609 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hey Marty ! nice job man ! keep it up !
This is BF2 with your MasterEffect >>
Warning: Spoiler!

BTW do you think it is possible to add day / night variables to bloom effect , like what ENB's bloom have ??!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 3 months ago #62 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@Marty

Whats the official way to add a toggle, there are some ways already posted here and on the Dead End Thrills forum, but just asking in the ME thread to make sure?

I know you have to define a key but what is the right code?

• crosire
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #63 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

strelokgunslinger wrote: Whats the official way to add a toggle

ReShade allows you to toogle each technique separatly by adding the annotation "toggle" to it and setting it to a keycode.
technique MasterEffect < enabled = true; toggle = [KEYCODE]; > { ... }
Replace "[KEYCODE]" with any value from here .
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Megamawman, BeTa, strelokgunslinger, jas01

• SAM609
More
9 years 3 months ago #64 by SAM609 Replied by SAM609 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Open ReShade.fx with notepad++ or similar text editor , go to the 4105th line and replace this line >>
technique MasterEffect < bool enabled = 1; >
with this one >>
technique MasterEffect < bool enabled = 1;int toggle = 0x91; >
and save the change ! now you can use Scroll Lock key to toggle effects ON and OFF ! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, SiriusHours, BeTa

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #65 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

SAM609 wrote: Open ReShade.fx with notepad++ or similar text editor , go to the 4105th line and replace this line >>
technique MasterEffect < bool enabled = 1; >
with this one >>
technique MasterEffect < bool enabled = 1;int toggle = 0x91; >
and save the change ! now you can use Scroll Lock key to toggle effects ON and OFF ! :)

and @crosire

Helpful to have, thankyou

@marty

I don't mean to hassle you, but is it possible you can add the above toggle for scroll lock into your next release that way everyone can start a preset with a toggle ready to go, it would save so much time for editing multiple games

Entirely up to you though.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by strelokgunslinger.

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 2 months ago #66 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Is there a way to slow the automatic focus speed for DoF? Right now it's a bit fast. I want to slow it down so I can get something a bit less distracting and more cinematic.

• ozzy
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #67 by ozzy Replied by ozzy on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I have a question. On flight simulator x steam edition, all DOFs working ok on preview screen (main 1st window), where i choose aircraft , airport etc etc. But when i start the game , when i am ingame depthbuffer output giving me black screen and no DOFs working.SSAO AO not working also. Only tiltshift working. Am i missing something? Do i need to edit some things for this to work? Thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by ozzy.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #68 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

ozzy wrote: I have a question. On flight simulator x steam edition, all DOFs working ok on preview screen (main 1st window), where i choose aircraft , airport etc etc. But when i start the game , when i am ingame depthbuffer output giving me black screen and no DOFs working.SSAO AO not working also. Only tiltshift working. Am i missing something? Do i need to edit some things for this to work? Thanks.

crosire wrote: ReShades depth-detection algorithm isn't perfect yet, there's still field for improvement: it fails to grab a depthbuffer in a good amount of titles because of that (see the compatibility list). Afterall it's an highly complex piece to accomplish as there is no standard way of using depth and basically every game does it different.

Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by crosire.

• klotim
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #69 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Are you going to add a toggle key?
I have no idea how to add one.

Edit: Nvm found it on page 11. You should add this as an option in next release.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by klotim.

• matsilagi
More
9 years 2 months ago #70 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

klotim wrote: Are you going to add a toggle key?
I have no idea how to add one.

Edit: Nvm found it on page 11. You should add this as an option in next release.

The reason he doesnt do this its because there's not a key that isnt bound to anything in a game, so he leaves to the user to add it for comfort, so he can use his own unused bind.

• ozzy
More
9 years 2 months ago #71 by ozzy Replied by ozzy on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

crosire wrote:

ozzy wrote: I have a question. On flight simulator x steam edition, all DOFs working ok on preview screen (main 1st window), where i choose aircraft , airport etc etc. But when i start the game , when i am ingame depthbuffer output giving me black screen and no DOFs working.SSAO AO not working also. Only tiltshift working. Am i missing something? Do i need to edit some things for this to work? Thanks.

crosire wrote: ReShades depth-detection algorithm isn't perfect yet, there's still field for improvement: it fails to grab a depthbuffer in a good amount of titles because of that (see the compatibility list). Afterall it's an highly complex piece to accomplish as there is no standard way of using depth and basically every game does it different.

Thanks alot Crosire.

• CryZENx
More
9 years 2 months ago #72 by CryZENx Replied by CryZENx on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Everything is working fine here, thank you crosire

• brussell
More
9 years 2 months ago #73 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Any news on SMAA integration?
Nevertheless: Great work Marty&Crosire!

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #74 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
- I'm in the middle of high school graduation so I hope you can understand that I'm currently not doing anything until next monday.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: strelokgunslinger

• promuckaj
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #75 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
First of all, Marty McFly thank you so much on this, you made really great job with this. :)

I try it yesterday with game Syndicate, and it is working like a charm, fantastic. I add my custome lensdirt texture, activate tonemap, add and modified some other lens flare futures, the results is really cool. :)

Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by promuckaj.

• Tom Yum 72
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #76 by Tom Yum 72 Replied by Tom Yum 72 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hello promuckaj,
glad you here , hope we can expect something from you too , reshade works perfect in crysis , its an amazing tool.
Once you play with it, you never play without it anymore. :)

Here, Transformers foc :

Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Tom Yum 72.

• promuckaj
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #77 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi Tom Yum 72. :))

I try yesterday quickly this on Crysis, but it is not working for me. :( I am not sure why, perhaps I need to turn off AA in game, any suggestions are welcome.

@Marty McFly
For Chapman's lensflare, it will be good to add CHROMATIC DISTORSION nad BLUR as a options that can be change and setup under "//CHAPMAN LENS".

This is on what I mean:

Chromatic distorsion

Blur

Thank you in advance. ;)

Pictures are taken from Chapman's blog. john-chapman-graphics.blogspot.co.uk/201...eudo-lens-flare.html
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by promuckaj.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #78 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
How about checking the tuning variables before suggesting improvements? For such purposes high mipmap level gives good blur at 0 fps cost which is already done (user should not change it, sweetspot is already taken, higher blur means artifacts and lowe blur means oversharpening) and the chromatic abberation vars are also available.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Marty McFly.

• calafate
More
9 years 2 months ago #79 by calafate Replied by calafate on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi, i thank you very much guys for the work you are doing to improve the graphics department on all games. This is my dream, i love configuring my games to my liking with tools like this :)

But i have some problem. My graphics card isn't the best, AMD 260X 2GB GDDR5, and i'm getting really low performance using this effects package. I tried playing any game without it, like CoD: WAW and i got constant 91FPS maxed out 1080p (it seems to be the limit of the engine). But as soon as i put Rehsade+Master Effect with no effect used, my FPS drops by a 50%, getting like 45-50FPS. Not to mention when i add some SSAO, DOF, Bloom etc... my FPS could go bellow 30 easily, making it very much unplayable

So i have this DoF (martinsh).fx downloaded in this forum i think, wich i love (but i cant figure out how to get rid of the near blur, IE hands holding weapons and so), then i use it with reshade alone , it barely eats a few FPS. So im thinking about whats the problem of loosing that tremendous amount of perfomrance only from loading the Master Effect itself, not using the effects.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #80 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Sheer amount of passes. MasterEffect has grown very big, I'm trying to reduce amount of passes as much as possible by combining effects and leaving passes out when effects are disabled but it is not enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: calafate

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.