3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #361 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I just got home.

Found the problem with 1.8.7 Just give me time to fix it.
fond the problem it was a small tag that need to be fixed.

The bad code was
if (Alternet_Depth_Map)
texcoord.y =  1 - texcoord.y;

Fixed now.
if (Depth_Map_Flip)
texcoord.y =  1 - texcoord.y;

Was just one line that caused the problem. ^_^ I'm Human I make mistakes sometimes.

This Happened because I was Trying to standardize both the code for reshade 2.0 and 3.0 . So upgrading both would be easier.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arioch, Aelius Maximus, mr_spongeworthy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• x8009
More
7 years 9 months ago #362 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thank you ! one person or not you a pro xD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• Crow550
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #363 by Crow550 Replied by Crow550 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hey!

First of all.... Excellent work! Thanks!

So far this has supported a few more games than Tridef. As an AMD user I can't take advantage of Nvidia's 3D Vision so keep up the great work.

I have two suggestions:

First as an owner of Passive 3D.. Which I'm sure that many others also use Passive. Is it possible to add a soft-interlacing (Tridef) / optimized interlacing (iZ3D) option which helps remove the aliasing that Passive can sometimes cause.

Another solution is to downscale from 2K to 1080P but this solution doesn't work on all games. So adding an option like the solution above would be great. :D

Second suggestion is to keep the latest versions in the OP. I had to look through the thread to find updates and such for the Reshade Framework.

Again thanks and keep up the amazing work. ;)

For The Crew here was the progress someone had gotten with Tridef: www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4938&p=27119 (a bit tricky but was doable online. Had to enable change eyes each time you launched it though.) Unsure if any of this info is useful for you though.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Crow550.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #364 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Crow550 wrote: Hey!

First of all.... Excellent work! Thanks!

So far this has supported a few more games than Tridef. As an AMD user I can't take advantage of Nvidia's 3D Vision so keep up the great work. .

Thank you

Crow550 wrote: I have two suggestions:

First as an owner of Passive 3D.. Which I'm sure that many others also use Passive. Is it possible to add a soft-interlacing (Tridef) / optimized interlacing (iZ3D) option which helps remove the aliasing that Passive can sometimes cause..

I know the option in tridef and IZ3D I am just not sure how it works. If it can be explained to me Maybe I can do it. I will look in to this as well.

Crow550 wrote: Another solution is to downscale from 2K to 1080P but this solution doesn't work on all games. So adding an option like the solution above would be great. :D

This is best done with VSR and or DSR

Crow550 wrote: Second suggestion is to keep the latest versions in the OP. I had to look through the thread to find updates and such for the Reshade Framework.

I will list the Reshade 2.0 Repack in the readMe So this should make it easier for new comers.

Crow550 wrote: Again thanks and keep up the amazing work. ;)

For The Crew here was the progress someone had gotten with Tridef: www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4938&p=27119 (a bit tricky but was doable online. Had to enable change eyes each time you launched it though.) Unsure if any of this info is useful for you though.

I will try this.

• Crow550
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #365 by Crow550 Replied by Crow550 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Cool. Yeah VSR/DSR works great but some games not so much....

Just like some games can cause major fps drops in Tridef. I tried to use Tridef for Tomb Raider for 1080P instead of playing in native 720P 3D but no go. Performance was awful. Luckily a SweetFX profile helped sharpen the game and look pretty good in 720P.

I really want to try your 3D method in GTAV but I mostly play online and I heard it won't work? Tridef's official profile is meh and the usermade profile is a resource hog and requires shadows to be disabled.

Dying Light looks good I must say. I still need to tweak some settings.

Since this supports OpenGL and I seen Quake 4.... Can this be tweaked for Doom 3 (non BFG edition)? LOL could this work for Duke 3D? Or Brutal Doom? :P Oooo What about Half-Life 1.... Like Sven Co-op (look up the widescreen fov fix at pcgamingwiki.com) which is free on Steam?

What about Doom 2016? Course would be better if Reshade supported Vulkan.

Er 7 Days To Die?

All I got for now. ;)
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Crow550.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #366 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Crow550 wrote: Cool. Yeah VSR/DSR works great but some games not so much....

Just like some games can cause major fps drops in Tridef. I tried to use Tridef for Tomb Raider for 1080P instead of playing in native 720P 3D but no go. Performance was awful. Luckily a SweetFX profile helped sharpen the game and look pretty good in 720P.

I really want to try your 3D method in GTAV but I mostly play online and I heard it won't work? Tridef's official profile is meh and the usermade profile is a resource hog and requires shadows to be disabled.

Since this supports OpenGL and I seen Quake 4.... Can this be tweaked for Doom 3 (non BFG edition)? LOL could this work for Duke 3D? Or Brutal Doom? :P Oooo What about Half-Life 1.... Like Sven Co-op (look up the widescreen fov fix at pcgamingwiki.com) which is free on Steam?

Er 7 Days To Die?

All I got for now. ;)

ummmmmmmm

I will look at one game at a time. Give me time.

Duke 3D
Brutal Doom
Half-Life 1 with Sven Co-op Mod.

7 Days To Die I don't have this game to test.

But, as for online games. You need to use something else. Since Reshade disables the depth map for online game to prevent cheaters. But, single player games It should work as long you can see the depth map.

as for Doom 2016........ Reshade right now just gets a black screen. This may may may may be fixed later..... maybe..... This is up too crosire the maker or Rehade. That and access to doom 2016 Depth Map.

• Crow550
More
7 years 9 months ago #367 by Crow550 Replied by Crow550 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Sven Co-op is now a free Standalone and not a Mod anymore. Would be neat.

Wonder if the online check can be disabled?

I can use SweetFX & Tridef online.... Yeah would depend on the anticheat and how Reshade hooks in.

• x8009
More
7 years 9 months ago #368 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Er 7 Days To Die?

All I got for now. ;)

ummmmmmmm

Duke 3D
Brutal Doom

But, as for online games. You need to use something else. Since Reshade disables the depth map for online game to prevent cheaters. But, single player games It should work as long you can see the depth map.

as for Doom 2016........ Reshade right now just gets a black screen. This may may may may be fixed later..... maybe..... This is up too crosire the maker or Rehade. That and access to doom 2016 Depth Map.

Doom 2016 doesn't look correct ? it seems correct to me, white far and black close. Can you show me some pictures how the game suppose to look perfectly with the white and black so I can always compare them to make them look the same, I still didn't understand till where the black should go

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #369 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Er 7 Days To Die?

All I got for now. ;)

ummmmmmmm

Duke 3D
Brutal Doom

Doom 2016 doesn't look correct ? it seems correct to me, white far and black close. Can you show me some pictures how the game suppose to look perfectly with the white and black so I can always compare them to make them look the same, I still didn't understand till where the black should go

This image is not from Reshade. This is what in game depth map looks like. What the Devs use in there settings.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #370 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Crow550 wrote: Sven Co-op is now a free Standalone and not a Mod anymore. Would be neat.

Wonder if the online check can be disabled?

I can use SweetFX & Tridef online.... Yeah would depend on the anticheat and how Reshade hooks in.

Ok for the First game Duke3D No go on Reshade Since you can't get the Depth map. I don't think there is a depth map in a game like that.

But, you can get 3D using.eduke32 and the off shoot here. www.malcolm-s.net/dukevr/

you want to download DukeVR_v2_06.zip. You lose some game features by doing this.

Project Brutality useing the newest gzdoom there is a depth map if you enable multisample 2x or more in opengl options. But it's only the depth map for the world with no objects. Well this make sense because all the models are flat 2D paper looking things.

Also there are already built in 3D option built in to the game .

I found out you can use github.com/cmbruns/gz3doom/releases for side by side. also info on this from this site. rotatingpenguin.com/gz3doom/ 3d a bit strong.

Sven Coop is a no go. Got Rehsade to work but no depth map. Also I must be out of the loop because. There was no DX9 render option any more. What happen?

• Crow550
More
7 years 9 months ago #371 by Crow550 Replied by Crow550 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Wow impressed someone was able to do this with DN3D. Cool, cool and thanks for looking into these games.Yes, yes. Everything in 3D! :D

GTAV works online (better FPS too). So does Dying Light online....

Haven't tried it with The Crew, was impressed that someone made a working Tridef profile. I know you said when online drivers show up the depth goes away. Will look into this....

So far so good. Keep doing what you're doing. Good stuff. Wish the people who work on the Helixmod stuff could assist ( helixmod.blogspot.com/ ) with testing and making profiles. I know they work with Nvidia's 3D Vision but if you look at the game list. Some of the tweaks could be transitioned over. Would be nice.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #372 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Crow550 wrote: Wow impressed someone was able to do this with DN3D. Cool, cool and thanks for looking into these games.Yes, yes. Everything in 3D! :D

GTAV works online (better FPS too). So does Dying Light online....

Haven't tried it with The Crew, was impressed that someone made a working Tridef profile. I know you said when online drivers show up the depth goes away. Will look into this....

So far so good. Keep doing what you're doing. Good stuff. Wish the people who work on the Helixmod stuff could assist ( helixmod.blogspot.com/ ) with testing and making profiles. I know they work with Nvidia's 3D Vision but if you look at the game list. Some of the tweaks could be transitioned over. Would be nice.

Part of the reason they don't help AMD users is because they are tied to the Nvidia Hardware and Software. I don't see them helping AMD users ever.

• Crow550
More
7 years 9 months ago #373 by Crow550 Replied by Crow550 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Either you added things to your post or I missed them....

Sven co-op and HL1 engine games are OpenGL. The Directx renderer was removed.

Also the Crew didn't seem to lose it's 3D when I was driving with my friend. So *shrugs*....

• nieda113
More
7 years 9 months ago #374 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1
Hi how to use it with oculus cv1?. THx for info

• x8009
More
7 years 9 months ago #375 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1
BlueSkyKnight,

can you post some screenshots showing what's the way way the White and black should look like ?
Thank You

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #376 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1
Is 2D to 3D still being worked on internally? B)
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Aelius Maximus.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #377 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1

nieda113 wrote: Hi how to use it with oculus cv1?. THx for info

Using it through Virtual Desktop on Steam is the only option, and that requires Windows 10
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Aelius Maximus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSkyKnight

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #378 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1

x8009 wrote: BlueSkyKnight,

can you post some screenshots showing what's the way way the White and black should look like ?
Thank You

This is what it should look like. This is a Ideal Depth Map. But as Long as it kind of close it will be ok.

Close

Mid

Far

At the Same Time I am working on new Depth Map Code.
So keep in mind This May not be possible for all games.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #379 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1

Aelius Maximus wrote: Is 2D to 3D still being worked on internally? B)

Yes. But, every thing I make is so bad. As of right now I am working on the main shader in the hopes I some how figure a other way out.

In the Alternative Shaders you will see two Filters
1. BilateralFilter.fx This was use in the 2D to 3D converter to strip the Detail from a Texture.
2. MedianFilter.fx This was used in the 2D to 3D converter to fill in Holes in the Depth Map.

The reason I did this was to save the stuff that actually worked and in time I hope to figure out the other problem.

What I'm working on now is a problem that affects both the Shaders I have now. It's the DISOCCLUSION problem. This is still whole filling. But, on the main image.

I wish I had help in this. But, It seems the problems here are really complicated.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #380 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Crow550 wrote: Either you added things to your post or I missed them....

Sven co-op and HL1 engine games are OpenGL. The Directx renderer was removed.

Also the Crew didn't seem to lose it's 3D when I was driving with my friend. So *shrugs*....

At one time I did play Sven co-op with TriDef when it had the Directx Renderer. That's why I asked.

Back when it was a mod. I had a lot of fun back then. But, now it does not seem possible. Since I can't even get a Depth map in the new one.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.