ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by Ganossa ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837) was created by Ganossa
-and yet another update of the framework with many improvements while the day of The Witcher 3 gets closer and closer :side:

Download the latest ReShade Framework Release from the download section of this website or HERE

This update features::
  • Improved overall performance of the SweetFX suite within the framework
  • Automated (and manual) performance features added to the Common_settings.cfg
  • New Gr8mmFilm shader added to the CustomFX suite
  • Huge visual,accuracy and performance update to the adaptation shader of GemFX with new and more believable behavior of base adaptation
- New Framework Tutorial Video for Users -

- New Framework Tutorial Video for Devs -

//As for last time, a preset for GTA V you can use as a foundation for creating your own can be found HERE

Lets count the days we can apply the ReShade Framework to The Witcher 3 :woohoo:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa, BrandonHortman, jas01, Prodousier
The topic has been locked.
  • Prodousier
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by Prodousier Replied by Prodousier on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)
great work
  • Iddqd
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by Iddqd Replied by Iddqd on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)
LuciferHawk great work, but gaussan anamorphic lens flare dosnt work with ambient light
  • borrisgame
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by borrisgame Replied by borrisgame on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)
hi lucifer please it's possible to do the same dof that when changing radio station gta v ?
  • JBeckman
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #5 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)
In this version of the Framework pack it seems gamma ramps up when enabling SMAA for some reason, trying to find out if there's more to it than that but nothing so far.

SweetFX_settings.cfg

#define USE_SMAA 0
postimg.org/image/x31qjwpnj/

#define USE_SMAA 1
postimg.org/image/il4jbwycf/

(Changing the various SMAA setting did nothing, perhaps something in one of the actual shader files, should have kept the old version so I could do a file comparison via WinMerge but if it is a bug I'm sure you'll find it quickly anyway.)

EDIT: Glad I kept trying as I think I found something, I like to enable dithering in case it actually helps with something even though as a post-process effect it might not be able to do much but I noticed that if SMAA was enabled by itself then this does not occur, similarly if dithering is enabled by itself there's no issue either but if both are enabled together then this gamma bug occurs. :)
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by JBeckman.
  • Kleio420
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)

JBeckman wrote: In this version of the Framework pack it seems gamma ramps up when enabling SMAA for some reason, trying to find out if there's more to it than that but nothing so far.

SweetFX_settings.cfg

#define USE_SMAA 0

#define USE_SMAA 1

(Changing the various SMAA setting did nothing, perhaps something in one of the actual shader files, should have kept the old version so I could do a file comparison via WinMerge but if it is a bug I'm sure you'll find it quickly anyway.)

EDIT: Glad I kept trying as I think I found something, I like to enable dithering in case it actually helps with something even though as a post-process effect it might not be able to do much but I noticed that if SMAA was enabled by itself then this does not occur, similarly if dithering is enabled by itself there's no issue either but if both are enabled together then this gamma bug occurs. :)

i also noticed this happening using color palette setting in custom fx file, along with uncharted 2 tonemapping smaa turned on and it went super dark disabled and back to normal
  • Kleio420
More
8 years 11 months ago #7 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)

LuciferHawk wrote: -and yet another update of the framework with many improvements while the day of The Witcher 3 gets closer and closer :side:

Just curious after reading a bit on some of the tonemap shaders what differs between the watchdog tonemap , reinhard , and uncharted dont they all use the same basic idea to get similar results ? Imo it would make better sense to make a customizable version and remove the rest of the tonemappers if its the same concept for the tonemap approach filmicgames.com/archives/75
  • Sassy
More
8 years 11 months ago #8 by Sassy Replied by Sassy on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)

JBeckman wrote: In this version of the Framework pack it seems gamma ramps up when enabling SMAA for some reason, trying to find out if there's more to it than that but nothing so far.

SweetFX_settings.cfg

#define USE_SMAA 0

#define USE_SMAA 1

This happens for me everytime I use SMAA with another shader from sweetFX. Tonemaps from CustomFX are fine however.

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #9 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)
Quick Fix for SMAA

SMAA depth edge detection mode might be bugged in the current version, here is a fix::
In ReShade\Common\PerformanceCheck.h change
	#if USE_SPLITSCREEN
		#define RFX_InitialStorageS 1
		#undef RFX_InitialStorageS
	#endif
to
	#if USE_SMAA && (SMAA_EDGE_DETECTION == 3)
		#undef RFX_DepthBufferCalcS
		#define RFX_DepthBufferCalcS 1
	#endif

#if USE_SPLITSCREEN
		#define RFX_InitialStorageS 1
		#undef RFX_InitialStorageS
	#endif

If this does not help with your problem, your game might have no depth buffer access and you need to change to another edge detection mode.
EDIT::There still seems to be another problem, I have to look into it :P

Iddqd wrote: LuciferHawk great work, but gaussan anamorphic lens flare dosnt work with ambient light

They do work together, try to reduce alAdaptFlareMult in the GemFX_settings.cfg. Its probably controlled by the adaptation shader so you only get gaussian anam flares if the overall image brightness is dark enough. ;)

Kleio420 wrote: Just curious after reading a bit on some of the tonemap shaders what differs between the watchdog tonemap , reinhard , and uncharted dont they all use the same basic idea to get similar results ? Imo it would make better sense to make a customizable version and remove the rest of the tonemappers if its the same concept for the tonemap approach filmicgames.com/archives/75

They are currently reviewed for being usefull by CJ, that is why they are found in the CustomFX suite. I mainly ported them on request by previous MasterEffect user. :)

borrisgame wrote: hi lucifer please it's possible to do the same dof that when changing radio station gta v ?

If you would like a new DoF effect, you might want to ask in the McFX Shader category, since this is Marty's field of interest. I believe he is also thinking a lot about GTA V shader these days :side:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kleio420
  • Kleio420
More
8 years 11 months ago #10 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)

LuciferHawk wrote: Quick Fix for SMAA

Maybe you could take a look at this thread ? reshade.me/forum/shader-suggestions/511-can-someone-port-these
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #11 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)

Kleio420 wrote: Maybe you could take a look at this thread ? reshade.me/forum/shader-suggestions/511-can-someone-port-these

Not sure about DLAA but Marty just ported NFAA and said it is no good .oO
  • kaffeekraz
More
8 years 11 months ago #12 by kaffeekraz Replied by kaffeekraz on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)
'ello, just a quick question.
Is there any easy way to update, besides painstakingly transferring my changed values from the old to the new files one by one?
Any trick I should know?

Normally this wouldn't be too big of a problem, but seeing how the framework combines 3+ different shader suites, sifting through multiple files is a bit harder.
  • Kleio420
More
8 years 11 months ago #13 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)

LuciferHawk wrote:

Kleio420 wrote: Maybe you could take a look at this thread ? reshade.me/forum/shader-suggestions/511-can-someone-port-these

Not sure about DLAA but Marty just ported NFAA and said it is no good .oO

huh not sure the guy who made it posted it back(gamedev.net ) in like 2012 i was just curious of how well it worked , i had planed on using dlaa since i liked how it looked on force unleashed
  • klotim
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #14 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)
LuciferHawk:
You're images on twcenter is down, those for r2 and atilla, Might be good to know :)
Oh and btw, As you're familiar with atilla, Do you know some good smaa options? Performance is not an issue.

How it looks and comparison:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by klotim.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #15 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)

klotim wrote: LuciferHawk:
You're images on twcenter is down, those for r2 and atilla, Might be good to know :)
Oh and btw, As you're familiar with atilla, Do you know some good smaa options? Performance is not an issue.

How it looks and comparison:

DLAA seems to produce similar results to FXAA, its also blurring a bit the entire screen.

What images are down?
I only implemented and used FXAA for Attila TW, so unless you want to run two injectors at the same time, I would suggest to go with FXAA there.
  • klotim
More
8 years 11 months ago #16 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)
Indeed, I don't like fxaa because of the blurring.

If DLAA is blurring the whole screen too, then it's nothing for me.

www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?6...-GEMFX-Version-1-0-8

There, check the spoilers, some is without images, (GEM HD) for example.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #17 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)

klotim wrote: Indeed, I don't like fxaa because of the blurring.

If DLAA is blurring the whole screen too, then it's nothing for me.

www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?6...-GEMFX-Version-1-0-8

There, check the spoilers, some is without images, (GEM HD) for example.

I might check DLAA but its more the SweetFX suite (Ceejay's) area. :)
Those pictures are from the Steam database. They seem to reallocate the storage for screenshots from time to time which screws up the links...

Final SMAA fix::
In ReShade\SweetFX\SMAAWrap.h replace
	#if (SFX_PIGGY == 1)
		#undef SFX_PIGGY
		color.rgb = (color.rgb <= 0.0031308) ? saturate(abs(color.rgb) * 12.92) : 1.055 * saturate(pow(abs(color.rgb), 1.0/2.4 )) - 0.055; // Linear to SRGB

color.rgb = SharedPass(texcoord, float4(color.rgbb)).rgb;
	#endif
with
	#if (SFX_PIGGY == 1)
		color.rgb = (color.rgb <= 0.0031308) ? saturate(abs(color.rgb) * 12.92) : 1.055 * saturate(pow(abs(color.rgb), 1.0/2.4 )) - 0.055; // Linear to SRGB

color.rgb = SharedPass(texcoord, float4(color.rgbb)).rgb;
	#endif

and
	#if (SFX_PIGGY == 1)
		SRGBWriteEnable = false;
	#else
		SRGBWriteEnable = true;
	#endif
with
	#if (SFX_PIGGY == 1)
		#undef SFX_PIGGY
		SRGBWriteEnable = false;
	#else
		SRGBWriteEnable = true;
	#endif

Was also a piggy bag issue :side:

//I will also see if I can find more changes (like the Technicolor2 shader) in the latest versions of SweetFX shader for the next release if CJ has no time to jump in :).
  • Kleio420
More
8 years 11 months ago #18 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)
people are allowed their opinions , but if you test a person to see if they could spot a image with fxaa without telling them its used they probably couldnt.All aa post or not have issues of one thing or another,this is why fxaa 4.0 would have been a great addition until it fell through and became txaa(ever wonder why it looks like fxaa ;p) Now i could go around like people bashing fxaa for its blur at low res poorly filtered games but with smaa for its ghosting that it can cause in its tx2 form and say why are those lazy devs not doing it correctly but im not going to because i understand when you make something there has to be compromises and for a little better edge detection you get extra blur imo thats worth it compared to no aa cause down the road when high resolutions are being used that fxaa costing 1-3ms is going to come in handy and will look very close to msaa x2 which could cost around 5ms or more.

tldr.. the point of me asking DLAA/NFAA(guess it works like crap) to be ported is to give some people other options to use in games where one may not look as good as another in a game.I think in the small off chance a guest to the site drops by says oh hey thats cool gives me a idea and someone makes something a billion times better thats awesome and improves on our game quality to come cause you never know who is viewing this forum the whole idea of reshade is a interesting one and a great idea
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #19 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.05.03.0837)
I also use FXAA all the time but as I said, CJ is well-versed in the field of AA algorithms and therefore I think it would be good if he would take a look at it and probably port it to SweetFX/SFX suite.

If there is no one else doing it and I got some more extra time, I of course would step in but it would be better of in the right person's hands :)

By the way, I am going to lock this thread cause there is going to be another big update :woohoo: See you in a swooooo
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.