GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by Ganossa GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade was created by Ganossa
Fellow Shader Devs and ReShade Users....

Since GEMFX comes to ReShade I also intend to adapt my configurator to the changes.

A SweetFX tab is already included in the configurator and also the import of several SweetFX presets is possible. Therefore, it would be no problem to make this tool also available to the SweetFX shader pack.
I would offer to do the same for the MasterEffects shader pack so we would make all three packs tweak-able in one tool.
Let's discuss this idea and the solution. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, JPulowski, Pondural, Tom Yum 72, Omnipotus, Smoshi, cacundo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JPulowski
More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade
Here is an idea:
I was also discussing an offline configurator kind of thing with crosire. The idea was a "preview" section, basically you load up an uncompressed screenshot from the game then you apply the effects (simple ones that do not require depth access, anyway) within the configurator. It might seem hard to implement, but it is not. You still load the effects and the screenshot by using the apis. So basically, it is let's just say a little d3dx/ogl demo inside the application. It might be also implemented some other way, I am not a programmer. You guys know the best. :)

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade
About the preview: Just draw something via Direct3D/OpenGL (via SlimDX for instance) and P/Invoke LoadLibrary to load ReShade32.dll into the process. It will do the rest on its own =)

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade
You beat me to it. I was about to say the same. I can simply render the image in d3d on a quad.

EDIT:: Implemented a quick proof of concept and it works like a charm. (though no texture used here)
In my sample implementation you can open a preview window from within the configurator.

EDIT2:: Now with texture though not on a quad yet. You can see the button on top that currently toggles the preview.
(sorry for all the GEMFX symbols but its the current configurator :P)

EDIT3:: It is alternatively possible to embed the preview into one frame.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Ganossa.

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #5 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade
:cheer: I played around with it a little more and added a "before" - "after" preview section under the configuration tabs. It can be blend in and out with the preview button on top. Also the full quad is drawn now and the preview picture will be automatically loaded when the configurator starts up. The image is currently rendered with DX11. What do you think?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JPulowski, SunBroDave, Rigbaby, Omnipotus, BrandonHortman, vad

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 2 months ago #6 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade
Looks incredibly useful Lucifer!

• sajittarius
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #7 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade
this is amazing... so good to see all my favorite shaders (Sweetfx, GEMFX, MasterEffect) coming together...

Now if only we could get the Asmodean shaders from GeDoSaTo, it would be complete... :)
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by sajittarius.

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 2 months ago #8 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade
I do believe Asmodean posted in the forums a few weeks ago, saying he was interested in writing shaders for reshade

• JPulowski
More
9 years 2 months ago #9 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade
I know that you probably will but there is no harm in asking, can you also include an option to export post-processed image?

• Thaerryn
More
9 years 2 months ago #10 by Thaerryn Replied by Thaerryn on topic GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade
Personally I Fully endorse the single tool - multiple shader project

I ask to put in 2 more features

1) MasterEffect
2) a check to see if program or other setting are forcing AA and thus preventing the shaders to work

thanks

THAERRYN
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omnipotus, vad

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #11 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade
@JPulowski, fortunately this is included automatically, since the rendering is hooked by any wrapper which (if included) can print the image to disk.
@Thaerryn, due to the newly discussed framework, formerly known MasterEffect package will change to the McFX suite which includes DoF and SSAO shaders. However, color correction and AA features will move to SweetFX and lightning features to GemFX.
The configurator is an "offline" tool and not hooking onto the application. Therefore, it cannot detect application settings. That is something that -if possible- would need to be implemented by the ReShade wrapper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omnipotus

• Omnipotus
More
9 years 2 months ago #12 by Omnipotus Replied by Omnipotus on topic GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade
I've been out of the "loop" for a few months now ... I've never heard of GemFX before and now I'm seeing it all over the place today and I stumbled on this post and... umm ya..this tool... wow... am I reading this correct.... I can essentially tweak a game without it running.. just from a screenshot... that... that is somethig I've ALWAYS wanted.. I've tweaked over 800 games in total of the last 3 years with ENB and SFX... this tool is something I've always wanted (that and a toggle in-game tweak menu) and could help speed things up tremendously!!

I'm also a huge fan of having everything under 1 roof, having 1 tool to rule them all is something I've always wanted, I'm very excited about this!

Add me to Steam Lucifer, I'd love to have a discussion with you (OmnipotusX)

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #13 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade
Good that you like it :), there is still a lot to discuss with Marty and Ceejay I think but since I already implemented it for GEMFX, there should be no blockers.

I added you to Steam (Choi Cheong).

• ValerBOSS
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #14 by ValerBOSS Replied by ValerBOSS on topic GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade
Hello LuciferHawk!
Do you have any plans for an offline configurator for the whole reshade framework?
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by ValerBOSS.

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #15 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic GEMFX Offline Configurator for ReShade
Yes, that was the plan, once the Framework is complete and stable :side:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JimbobUK, ValerBOSS

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.