Simple Shader that draws a png image onto screen

• TrophiHunter
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #1 by TrophiHunter Simple Shader that draws a png image onto screen was created by TrophiHunter
A message to anyone that can help, I am working on a Tank Hud for GTA5, I need to find/ have someone help me get a shader that draws a png image with an alpha over the Final "render' of the game "Last thing loaded because it needs to not be effected by any other shader, I made a Video showing what I mean, the Yellow hud is what I need over top GTA5 Tank HUD Concept

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Simple Shader that draws a png image onto screen
Can you post that .png?

• TrophiHunter
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by TrophiHunter Replied by TrophiHunter on topic Simple Shader that draws a png image onto screen
Here I posted it to my flickr, if you can help Lucifer, that would be a huge step forward.
Tank Hud

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Simple Shader that draws a png image onto screen
Its very quick and simple as a custom shader with the framework but I will have to find a quiet minute between the Configurator implementation :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: TrophiHunter

• TrophiHunter
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #5 by TrophiHunter Replied by TrophiHunter on topic Simple Shader that draws a png image onto screen
Thanks, take your time, im very new to this sort of thing but I feel that Rockstar didnt do the tanks hud justice. I plan on making the hz part on the right grab the frame rate in game, also the cannon's fire how it goes from READY to WAIT, most likely on a timer as its the same every time, I also want to make a compass that displays Rotational Degrees North Being 0', and last a display that show the turret orientation, however im not sure if the tank has a bone that is in line with the turret I can Call for rotation, hope so anyway.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago #6 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Simple Shader that draws a png image onto screen
So this is how it looks with very little code::

This is the code::
NAMESPACE_ENTER(CFX)

#include CFX_SETTINGS_DEF

texture HudTex	< string source = "ReShade/CustomFX/Textures/CFX_hud.png"; > {Width = 2560; Height = 1440; Format = RGBA8;};
sampler	HudColor 	{ Texture = HudTex; };

float4 PS_Hud(float4 vpos : SV_Position, float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD) : SV_Target
{
	float4 hud = tex2D(HudColor, texcoord);
	return lerp(hud,tex2D(RFX_backbufferColor, texcoord),min(1,2.25f*pow(abs(hud.r+hud.b+hud.g)/3f,50)));
}

technique Hud_Tech <bool enabled = RFX_Start_Enabled; int toggle = RFX_ToggleKey; >
{
	pass HudPass
	{
		VertexShader = RFX_VS_PostProcess;
		PixelShader = PS_Hud;
	}
}

#include CFX_SETTINGS_UNDEF

NAMESPACE_LEAVE()
Create a Hud.h file in /ReShade/CustomFX with that code.
Then open ReShade.fx and add after...
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Gr8mmFilm)
...the new line...
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Hud)

I have no photoshop anymore and you alpha is blowing up the .png to 14MB which is way to huge. Therefore, I dropped the alpha and used this .png instead::

It is only 62KB big. Drop it as CFX_hud.png in your /ReShade/CustomFX/Textures folder.

After that you should be able to run the game with that hud :) Its only a few lines so if you can create a smaller .png with alpha it should be easy to adjust :side:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLAMNDAN, Ederer

• TrophiHunter
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #7 by TrophiHunter Replied by TrophiHunter on topic Simple Shader that draws a png image onto screen
Wow thank you so much, I can easily use compression, the one I gave was uncompressed, if I compress then I should be ok. thanks again

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Simple Shader that draws a png image onto screen
Can you post that compressed .png, you would need to change a little line in that code :side:

• TrophiHunter
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #9 by TrophiHunter Replied by TrophiHunter on topic Simple Shader that draws a png image onto screen
Ok just let me know what line of code to change

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #10 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Simple Shader that draws a png image onto screen
To use alpha, change
return lerp(hud,tex2D(RFX_backbufferColor, texcoord),min(1,2.25f*pow(abs(hud.r+hud.b+hud.g)/3f,50)));
to
return lerp(tex2D(RFX_backbufferColor, texcoord),hud,hud.a);

It is much more accurate but make sure to compress that huge .png file :lol:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLAMNDAN

• TrophiHunter
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #11 by TrophiHunter Replied by TrophiHunter on topic Simple Shader that draws a png image onto screen
Here's what I got so far, no post production Tank HUD Beta

• Labont
More
3 weeks 6 days ago #12 by Labont Replied by Labont on topic Simple Shader that draws a png image onto screen
How did you export game data to ReShade?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.