MasterEffect DOF's broken with latest Reshade

• jmp909
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1 by jmp909 MasterEffect DOF's broken with latest Reshade was created by jmp909
(moved from here, as that specific topic is solved reshade.me/forum/shader-troubleshooting/...-with-latest-reshade )

just a couple of notes with SunBroDave's preset:

PETKAGTADOF is broken (i've fixed this see below)
S:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SleepingDogs\Shader@0x27EC0E48(827,66): error X3536: Duplicated input semantics can't change type, size, or layout ('SV_POSITION').

as is GP65CJ042DOF (I don't know how to fix this)
S:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SleepingDogs\Shader@0x27D0A498(865,14): warning X4008: floating point division by zero
S:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SleepingDogs\Shader@0x27D0A498(868,14): warning X4008: floating point division by zero

MATSODOF throws a warning.
SleepingDogs\Shader@0x15937038(853,12): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

I'm assuming these are all because it's an older preset, although it is the same Shader code for GP65 as the one in the latest MasterEffect, so it must be more a compatibility issue with ReShade

---

I partly fixed PETKAGTADOF by changing the float2 to a float4
float4 PS_ProcessDoFBokeh(VS_OUTPUT_POST IN, float2 vPos : VPOS) :
to
float4 PS_ProcessDoFBokeh(VS_OUTPUT_POST IN, float4 vPos : VPOS) :

i then received this error
S:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SleepingDogs\Shader@0x28215718(863,68): warning X3556: integer divides may be much slower, try using uints if possible.
S:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SleepingDogs\Shader@0x28215718(864,40): warning X3556: integer divides may be much slower, try using uints if possible.

so I changed all the int's to uint's in the float4 PS_ProcessDoFBokeh function and that's fixed it

thought I'd leave this here for anyone with the same issue

thanks for any help fixing the others

regards
J
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by jmp909.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Courier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jmp909
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic MasterEffect DOF's broken with latest Reshade
Apologies , Marty has pointed out that the conversion of the shaders to the new version is not yet 100% complete, so some of these errors are going to happen for now

Could anyone advise on which of the older versions of MFx and ReShade work well together currently ?

Thanks
J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.