Depth-Buffer in Guild Wars 2

• Sassy
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Sassy Depth-Buffer in Guild Wars 2 was created by Sassy
Hello everyone! :)
I would like to know if there is a way to fix the Depth-Buffer issue in Guild Wars 2. (AO and DoF dissapear while moving)
Also a huge thanks to all of you. :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kleio420
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Depth-Buffer in Guild Wars 2

Sassy wrote: Hello everyone! :)
I would like to know if there is a way to fix the Depth-Buffer issue in Guild Wars 2. (AO and DoF dissapear while moving)
Also a huge thanks to all of you. :cheer:

the game is a online game so depth buffer access is disabled and wont work , unless they choose to change that or find a better solution any shader using depth will not work in online games.

• Sassy
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Sassy Replied by Sassy on topic Depth-Buffer in Guild Wars 2
But unlike other online games depth-buffer access is working pretty good as long as you are standing still. Also wouldn't it be possible to allow this for specific shaders only? Like AO and DoF from the framework to counter any kind of depth-buffer abuse instead of shutting it off completly? :)

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Depth-Buffer in Guild Wars 2

Sassy wrote: Also wouldn't it be possible to allow this for specific shaders only?

ReShade has no knowledge of what shaders you have enabled: It's generic, it doesn't care whether you use MasterEffect, SweetFX or something else. =)

• Sassy
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #5 by Sassy Replied by Sassy on topic Depth-Buffer in Guild Wars 2
So it will never be possible to see the full potential of all these genius shaders in online games or this case Guild Wars 2 (without giving "bad people" access to the depth-buffer)? Let's give ReShade a conscience! :woohoo:

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Depth-Buffer in Guild Wars 2
Never say never, but for the time being no. There may be some hardcoded special versions for certain games somewhen in the future, who knows =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sassy, Apocalypso

• louiscarter88
More
9 years 1 week ago #7 by louiscarter88 Replied by louiscarter88 on topic Depth-Buffer in Guild Wars 2
Quick post here on something I noticed just now. Using GeDoSaTo's DOF you can get the depth buffer to stay on indefinitely, only problem is it's no where near as good as the McFX/ReShade versions. I think it has to do with some trickery in the actual dll tho as I've been unable to splice ReShade and GeDoSaTo together.

I still think it's rubbish that Gw2 obviously has accessible depth information that's accurate yet for some reason we only see it if we stand still. Bloody tease.

• Marty McFly
More
9 years 1 week ago #8 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Depth-Buffer in Guild Wars 2
Didn't you read it? Guild Wars is an online game and as soon as there's network traffic from this game, depth buffer is disabled by ReShade to avoid exploitations - I guess as soon as you stand still, there is no traffic - hence the visible depthbuffer.

• louiscarter88
More
9 years 1 week ago #9 by louiscarter88 Replied by louiscarter88 on topic Depth-Buffer in Guild Wars 2
Not meaning to be overly negative there, I do understand why. It's annoying knowing that you've made such beautiful shaders that I have been able to glimpse at yet they get cut off cause someone may exploit the game.

Also (mentioned in another thread) nvidia users CAN use the driver level HBAO which I assume uses a depth buffer WITHOUT it cutting off which is also confusing seeing as yours gets cancelled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• crosire
More
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Depth-Buffer in Guild Wars 2

Marty McFly wrote: I guess as soon as you stand still, there is no traffic - hence the visible depthbuffer.

My guess as well.

louiscarter88 wrote: Not meaning to be overly negative there, I do understand why. It's annoying knowing that you've made such beautiful shaders that I have been able to glimpse at yet they get cut off cause someone may exploit the game.

I know it's unfair to the common user. But I rather have some limitations for online games and it working there instead of a global ReShade ban in those. =)
Last edit: 9 years 6 days ago by crosire.

More
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #11 by 04348 Replied by 04348 on topic Depth-Buffer in Guild Wars 2
Can't you include in the Reshade dll one or two hardcoded DoF that work even online ? :unsure:
Last edit: 9 years 6 days ago by 04348.

• crosire
More
9 years 6 days ago #12 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Depth-Buffer in Guild Wars 2
That defeats the purpose of ReShade, which is to provide a platform for community-written shaders. It doesn't come with hardcoded or built-in shaders, everything you see was written by other users (SweetFX, MasterEffect, Framework, all the custom single shaders, ...).
The following user(s) said Thank You: louiscarter88

More
9 years 5 days ago - 9 years 4 days ago #13 by 04348 Replied by 04348 on topic Depth-Buffer in Guild Wars 2
I understand why you made this protection, but the fact is, atm, only those who have the knowledge to make cheat can hijack it, and the "common user" who only want DoF or other effect can't :(

Only for exemple :

I won't share the method by respect for you and your awesome work with Reshade (and certainly won't use it too, since it's a bit tedious to establish ^^ ), it's only to show you that's possible ;) (Also, I will remove the video if you ask for )
Last edit: 9 years 4 days ago by 04348.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, MaxG3D, jas01, Apocalypso, louiscarter88

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.