depth-buffer problem

• nfsmwbe1004
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago #1 by nfsmwbe1004 depth-buffer problem was created by nfsmwbe1004
hello guys
im really proud of this project cuz i was looking for something that can let me edit shaders and 3d objects rendering
the problem is when i start my game 'its a new version of and fps game used to be there on the net called repulse'
effects are loaded normally but when trying to toggle on depth-buffer access in the main menu the caracter turns into black and every thing els is wihte that's how it's shoud be but when i start a level the screen turns dark and i cant see nothing
i dont know what's the problem can you help please !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jmp909
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #2 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic depth-buffer problem
it means the menu system has depthbuffer access but the game itself doesn't.

this happens on a few games.

i think you could try disabling MSAA in the game (which i think blocks Reshade's depthbuffer processing). it's possible the game uses MSAA, but the menu doesn't?
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by jmp909.

• nfsmwbe1004
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago #3 by nfsmwbe1004 Replied by nfsmwbe1004 on topic depth-buffer problem
MSAA you mean Multisample anti-aliasing
i dont know if the game uses this mode but it has normal option in the settings i guess it's FSAA
by the way the menu shows the character in 3d it means there is a GPU rendering
what can i do !!
or if there is a way to disable depth buffer access by calling IDirect3DDevice9::SetRenderState method in the d3d9 !!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.