Precompiling in cache?

• Nekres
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by Nekres Precompiling in cache? was created by Nekres
Hey, I would like to know if it's possible to make ReShade compile th effects once, so I can switch to desktop and back into the game faster without it recompiling every effect everytime I switch back into the game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Precompiling in cache?
That's partly implemented. But it doesn't work if you switch between exlusive fullscreen and your desktop, because that resets the Direct3D driver and requires recreation of all resources (which includes recompiling all shaders).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nekres

• Nekres
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #3 by Nekres Replied by Nekres on topic Precompiling in cache?
So I would have to play in windowed fullscreen for it to work? That's a pity, cause window fullscreen drops some FPS.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Nekres.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Precompiling in cache?
Yeah. You may also get lucky with Direct3D 10/11 games. It supports switching between fullscreen and window mode without resetting the driver there, but only if the game properly implements it.

• Nekres
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by Nekres Replied by Nekres on topic Precompiling in cache?
I am using reshade with guild wars 2, so that would be a nope.

• DeMondo
More
8 years 6 months ago #6 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic Precompiling in cache?
Solution: I use a combi of ReShade v1.0.0 + Framework + GEMFX v1.0.9, inject ReShade32.dll or ReShade64.dll
into GEMFX v1.0.9 [ www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?6...-GEMFX-Version-1-0-9 ] from Lucifer Hawk.
Tested on the game Thief (2014) and it worked flawless --> swapping to desktop and back into the game without any recompiling every effect everytime, hope this method works for you as well too.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.