Option to permanently disable dangerous features

• NotSoSweet
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by NotSoSweet Option to permanently disable dangerous features was created by NotSoSweet
cross-post from news section :)

Added window watcher, which keeps track of window messages and handles keyboard and mouse input

/paranoid mode on

1) Erm, keylogging? Can I ask you, why is it necessary for a shader/graphic mod? Can you allow to disable it?

2) Also can you add an option to permanently disable network monitoring and "dangerous" features similar to depth-buffer? Why monitor them constantly, just allow to disable them in manual mode. It is safer than constant monitoring with a possibility to ban in 100% MMO/multiplayer games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kleio420
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Option to permanently disable dangerous features

NotSoSweet wrote: cross-post from news section :)

Added window watcher, which keeps track of window messages and handles keyboard and mouse input

/paranoid mode on

1) Erm, keylogging? Can I ask you, why is it necessary for a shader/graphic mod? Can you allow to disable it?

2) Also can you add an option to permanently disable network monitoring and "dangerous" features similar to depth-buffer? Why monitor them constantly, just allow to disable them in manual mode. It is safer than constant monitoring with a possibility to ban in 100% MMO/multiplayer games.

you know boris added the same thing to enb , know what he said dont use my software if your worried.

also crosire he's right if a online cheat detection finds your program is monitoring keyboard and mouse input and it flags them as a cheater they will be banned for using a bot in mmo's as thats how you make one but you already know this right since you can write shaders to find people in crysis 3 using cloaks, thats funny you disallow depth access but you write a feature that will get people banned down the road anyway.I mean unless you did some dickering to avoid detection but then your no better then people writting hacks for games im sure theres some other nasty shit in there to be a shame if someone posted it on here but thats illegal and no one would do that

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Option to permanently disable dangerous features
Keylogging is something different. What ReShade does is manually process the window message queue for input events (exactly what the game does too) and then simply set a boolean value if a keydown/keyup event was recieved, instead of having Windows do the work (because that doesn't work very well as one can see currently). That's nothing dangerous, every Windows application does it, it's how Win32 works. And it's definitly not something an anti-cheat would find suspicious: Steam overlay does it, Origin overlay does it, everybody does it.

Network "monitoring" cannot be enabled or disabled easily unfortunately, it's either built-in or not. I could provide a ReShade build without it, but I doubt that's necessary. The only thing ReShade does is keeping a counter of how many bytes were sent and recieved, it doesn't process the data.

Also, keeping everything in plain sight is intentional, there is no hiding done, any anti-cheat software can and does see ReShade and is free to analyze it.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TinchO, Courier

• Constantine PC
More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Option to permanently disable dangerous features

crosire wrote: Keylogging is something different. What ReShade does is manually process the window message queue for input events (exactly what the game does too) and then simply set a boolean value if a keydown/keyup event was recieved, instead of having Windows do the work (because that doesn't work very well as one can see currently). That's nothing dangerous, every Windows application does it, it's how Win32 works. And it's definitly not something an anti-cheat would find suspicious: Steam overlay does it, Origin overlay does it, everybody does it.

Network "monitoring" cannot be enabled or disabled easily unfortunately, it's either built-in or not. I could provide a ReShade build without it, but I doubt that's necessary. The only thing ReShade does is keeping a counter of how many bytes were sent and received, it doesn't process the data.

Also, keeping everything in plain sight is intentional, there is no hiding done, any anti-cheat software can and does see ReShade and is free to analyze it.

I have full faith you are going to keep ReShade far away from being considered a "hack" or "cheat".
SweetFX 1.5.1 and all the others weren't considered a problem by basically everyone so I have confidence you will continue that legacy.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.