Origin Overlay update has made it incompatible

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by aufkrawall Origin Overlay update has made it incompatible was created by aufkrawall
Hello Crosire,
since some Origin update, the Origin overlay has become incompatible with ReShade in Battlefield 4.
When ReShade is active, overlay can't be opened with its key bindings anymore. Furthermore, there is this rubberbanding issue:
reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/943-rub...p-on-windows-10#7693

Anything that can be done about it?
Here is the log file:
www83.zippyshare.com/v/OgseO2uv/file.html

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Origin Overlay update has made it incompatible
I won't change the hooking system anymore, it's fairly compatible right now with the most important overlay software and tools and any change could mess it up completly. So unfortunately this issue will remain unsolved. =/

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic Origin Overlay update has made it incompatible
Ok, no problem. I suppose it's clearly Origin overlay's fault, as it has a bad history regarding compatibility with other injectors in general.

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #4 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic Origin Overlay update has made it incompatible
Unfortunately, the Origin overlay can't be turned off for for some new games like Garden Warfare 2. It is always active and when combined with ReShade (also 2.0), it can sometimes cause frametime spikes aka mini-freezes.

I wonder if it could be worked around by an external injector that injects ReShade some seconds after the overlay?
Something similar has been implemented for Afterburner RTSS and it worked in this case.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.