Are you kidding me?

• TeslaThatHedgehog
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by TeslaThatHedgehog Are you kidding me? was created by TeslaThatHedgehog
I am pissed off.

I've been having problems with this ReShade thing ever since I installed it.
I'll tell you what happened.

I wanted to add shaders to a game called Trackmania United, one of the "Reshade-compatible" games on the list. I installed these shaders with the Mediator, and "permanently pushed" it to the application. After doing that, I tried opening up the launcher, but... it didn't even appear... at all. Are you fucking kidding me?

I tried booting up the game itself, and then a white window would show up, then it disappears after that. I immediately tried manually uninstalling the injector but it was no use... it didn't just add a .DLL file to add shaders to the game, but it just overwritten those files, and there is absolutely NO WAY to undo it. Are you fucking kidding me?

I am officially done with ReShade. I'm hoping to see if there is actually some way to uninstall this virus off of my games without uninstalling it completely. After that, I'm never touching this again. -_-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Are you kidding me?

• Ganossa
More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Are you kidding me?
So I installed the TrackMania Valley Demo just for you.

First of all, there is no file that could be overwritten by the mediator.

Second, after adding the game to the mediator and installing ReShade to TrackMania Valley, I can start it without a problem with ReShade applied.

Third, after pushing the configuration to TrackMania Valley, it also works as expected with ReShade applied.

Fourth, I delete the TrackMania Valley profile in the mediator which deletes all ReShade the files from TrackMania Valley and the game works perfectly afterwards just as expected and without ReShade being applied.

Since you seem to have no intention to really have conversation from what I saw in your previous post, I will just leave this here for anyone else though I am sure all TrackMania users that also use ReShade know already that there are no conflicts. :side:

• matsilagi
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #4 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Are you kidding me?

LuciferHawk wrote: So I installed the TrackMania Valley Demo just for you.

First of all, there is no file that could be overwritten by the mediator.

Second, after adding the game to the mediator and installing ReShade to TrackMania Valley, I can start it without a problem with ReShade applied.

Third, after pushing the configuration to TrackMania Valley, it also works as expected with ReShade applied.

Fourth, I delete the TrackMania Valley profile in the mediator which deletes all ReShade the files from TrackMania Valley and the game works perfectly afterwards just as expected and without ReShade being applied.

Since you seem to have no intention to really have conversation from what I saw in your previous post, I will just leave this here for anyone else though I am sure all TrackMania users that also use ReShade know already that there are no conflicts. :side:

Damn, i tought i already talked to that guy and fixed his problem on TrackMania carpark.

Anyway, he seems to have patience issues.
1 - ManiaPlanet doesn't allow you to disable the effect
2 - Im pretty sure it would have worked if you deleted the RIGHT DLL or verified the game cache
3 - It works just fine www.flickr.com/photos/128632484@N07/ ? , you didn't need to be an rude guy and post this here.

Also, sorry for quoting you LuciferHawk, it was just to ENFORCE what you posted to him
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by matsilagi.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.