TERA CTD on startup!

• SingAlongThemeSong
More
8 years 5 months ago #21 by SingAlongThemeSong Replied by SingAlongThemeSong on topic TERA CTD on startup!
Nope, nothing. For what it's worth, Reshade seems to load up fine, the text is shown, but Tera crashes before any of the intro videos can be played. I also disabled multisamples from the Tera config with the same results, though Windows started to catch Tera crashing suddenly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• amckinlay
More
8 years 5 months ago #22 by amckinlay Replied by amckinlay on topic TERA CTD on startup!

crosire wrote: The only major change on the rendering backend between 0.18.2 and 0.18.3 involves the handling of multisampling in Direct3D10+ games. Check what happens if you disable MSAA in-game prior to using ReShade.

The game uses DX9 and does not use MSAA.

• amckinlay
More
8 years 5 months ago #23 by amckinlay Replied by amckinlay on topic TERA CTD on startup!

SingAlongThemeSong wrote: Nope, nothing. For what it's worth, Reshade seems to load up fine, the text is shown, but Tera crashes before any of the intro videos can be played. I also disabled multisamples from the Tera config with the same results, though Windows started to catch Tera crashing suddenly.

Windows caught some crashes for me too when trying to get ReShade to work in the past, but it was random. Does Windows consistently catch the crashes now?

• Kuniyo
More
8 years 5 months ago #24 by Kuniyo Replied by Kuniyo on topic TERA CTD on startup!
I've also tried many things but I cannot get reshade to work with Tera.
I have also posted in the other thread, if it helps here are my logs:

Here is my d3d9.log:
pastebin.com/gkJr0uHN

Here is my d3d9.tracelog:
pastebin.com/fv06SDH5

Cheers,

Kuniyo

• SingAlongThemeSong
More
8 years 5 months ago #25 by SingAlongThemeSong Replied by SingAlongThemeSong on topic TERA CTD on startup!

amckinlay wrote:

SingAlongThemeSong wrote: Nope, nothing. For what it's worth, Reshade seems to load up fine, the text is shown, but Tera crashes before any of the intro videos can be played. I also disabled multisamples from the Tera config with the same results, though Windows started to catch Tera crashing suddenly.

Windows caught some crashes for me too when trying to get ReShade to work in the past, but it was random. Does Windows consistently catch the crashes now?

Yeah, I'm not sure it'd be useful for crosire though. It generally just says the exe is at fault, and other stuff you'd have to dig through Tera's files to figure out, which is probably going the wrong way.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #26 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic TERA CTD on startup!
According to the log this is a Direct3D9 game, but no Direct3D9 code was touched at all between 0.18.2 and 0.18.3, so I'm a bit lost, sorry.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VoidsShadow, Kuniyo, Leon

• Kuniyo
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #27 by Kuniyo Replied by Kuniyo on topic TERA CTD on startup!
I have one more thing, but i doubt it will help you at all :)

When I try to use the latest Reshade for the Gameforge version of Tera (EU version) it works just fine, but it doesn't seem to work for the enmass version (US version).
EU works flaweless but US just CTD instantly.
I don't know if it will help you but it can't hurt either

And thanks for at least looking at the problem! I really wish we could use it for the US version tho, since EU is dying :D

-snip- (found the ReShade Repository)

Cheers,
Kuniyo
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Kuniyo. Reason: Last part not needed anymore, found the ReShade Repository
The following user(s) said Thank You: SingAlongThemeSong

• btrung
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #28 by btrung Replied by btrung on topic TERA CTD on startup!
Confirmed this works on EU not NA

edit: confirmed 0.018.0.832 works on NA
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by btrung.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leon

• Leon
More
8 years 3 months ago #29 by Leon Replied by Leon on topic TERA CTD on startup!
Guys here's the latest version 1.1.0 of Reshade (Crosire's ofc not me lol ) and it will work with Tera NA now. Download from below:

www.dropbox.com/s/35pnt7aix8gkgw2/ReShad...eetFX%202.0.rar?dl=0

This one is copy paste only (D3D9 version) to Tera Binaries

www.dropbox.com/s/ex8guin972fow6p/Tera%20Binaries.rar?dl=0

I just tested the Reshade 1.1.0 works in TERA NA only if you copied and overwrite the d3d9.dll from ReShade_0.18.0_Public_Beta_with_SweetFX_2.0_Beta_8 (which is included on the rar) to the latest Reshade 1.10 with SweetFX 2.0 (after patching the binaries). No problems found when running the game. I just thought of it when Crosire said that he didn't changed any coding with the d3d9, since 0.18.0, it should work fine then. But I think d3d9 has been altered unknowingly in the later versions following 0.18.0 or has become incompatible with Tera NA's newer patch. Either of the 2. Try it out guys.

Only do this if you like to verify it:

I'm not a programmer or anything and I didn't use anything or magic it. If you like, try the 0.18.0 and patch Tera binaries with it. Get the D3D9.dll and save it on (desktop works fine). Remove the patch form binaries. Patch it with Reshade 1.1.0 with Sweetfx 2.0 D3D9 version. Try starting it, it will crash. Copy the D3d9.dll from the desktop (or wherever you put it) then paste it on your Tera binaries where the latest reshade patch are. Start Tera NA and it will work fine.

:woohoo:

P.S.

Just keep pressing the PLAY Button and it will launch the game if not exit launcher and try it again. It's been like that and there's no question about it xD .

We all know that Tera NA launcher is like that. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sndloader

• Leon
More
8 years 3 months ago #30 by Leon Replied by Leon on topic TERA CTD on startup!
There's a problem with Reshade32.dll. Pls look at it if someone will still read this thread. TY.

• SingAlongThemeSong
More
8 years 3 months ago #31 by SingAlongThemeSong Replied by SingAlongThemeSong on topic TERA CTD on startup!

Leon wrote: Guys here's the latest version 1.1.0 of Reshade (Crosire's ofc not me lol ) and it will work with Tera NA now. Download from below:

www.dropbox.com/s/35pnt7aix8gkgw2/ReShad...eetFX%202.0.rar?dl=0

This one is copy paste only (D3D9 version) to Tera Binaries

www.dropbox.com/s/ex8guin972fow6p/Tera%20Binaries.rar?dl=0

I just tested the Reshade 1.1.0 works in TERA NA only if you copied and overwrite the d3d9.dll from ReShade_0.18.0_Public_Beta_with_SweetFX_2.0_Beta_8 (which is included on the rar) to the latest Reshade 1.10 with SweetFX 2.0 (after patching the binaries). No problems found when running the game. I just thought of it when Crosire said that he didn't changed any coding with the d3d9, since 0.18.0, it should work fine then. But I think d3d9 has been altered unknowingly in the later versions following 0.18.0 or has become incompatible with Tera NA's newer patch. Either of the 2. Try it out guys.

Only do this if you like to verify it:

I'm not a programmer or anything and I didn't use anything or magic it. If you like, try the 0.18.0 and patch Tera binaries with it. Get the D3D9.dll and save it on (desktop works fine). Remove the patch form binaries. Patch it with Reshade 1.1.0 with Sweetfx 2.0 D3D9 version. Try starting it, it will crash. Copy the D3d9.dll from the desktop (or wherever you put it) then paste it on your Tera binaries where the latest reshade patch are. Start Tera NA and it will work fine.

:woohoo:

P.S.

Just keep pressing the PLAY Button and it will launch the game if not exit launcher and try it again. It's been like that and there's no question about it xD .

We all know that Tera NA launcher is like that. ;)

You need to post a screen, or a log, of it running. Because from what I understand, you copied the 18.0 dll over what ever the newest version is, which just means you're running 18.0 with the new config files.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sndloader

• Leon
More
8 years 3 months ago #32 by Leon Replied by Leon on topic TERA CTD on startup!
Yes that's what I did. Here's the link of the photo both taken from Tera NA.

This image was taken with Reshade Framwork with d3d9.dll from 0.18.0 version.

And this one is taken from Reshade 1.1.0 with Sweetfx 2.0 using again the d3d9.dll of 0.18.0 version

I just confirmed as well that the latest Reshade Framework 1.1.0 works with gameforge but doesn't work with En Masse.

And you'll also see the link below where I provided players to try and use the preset I set for their own enjoyment since I've been using SweetFX for years now. :)

sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/4963/

• SingAlongThemeSong
More
8 years 3 months ago #33 by SingAlongThemeSong Replied by SingAlongThemeSong on topic TERA CTD on startup!
:huh: AFAIK it works fine with Gameforge's TERA, and not with NA TERA. Let me explain my last comment though: the dll's provided with Reshade dictate which reshade framework is being used, not the other files. So if you swap the 1.1.0 dll with the 0.18 dll, you're running the latter version, NOT the 1.1.0 version.

As the info at the top of your screens show, you're running 0.18 (the beta), not the new version.

• Leon
More
8 years 3 months ago #34 by Leon Replied by Leon on topic TERA CTD on startup!
Ofc it works with GF Tera and not in Tera NA. And also works with new config/files. (from your last comment)

Did you read the center information? IT WORKS fine with the other files. It's running the Reshade 0.18.0 as what it says yes but it does run the the other files. I even provided pics that uses the new reshade framwork functions along with the ordinary reshade. How did you know that it's not running the other files? Have you tested it? I tested it that's why I'm giving the news that it is working. Go test it first to see before saying that it's NOT working.

• Leon
More
8 years 3 months ago #35 by Leon Replied by Leon on topic TERA CTD on startup!
And the Second Picture says for itself that it uses the other files which I tweaked which is very visible from the picture in Cutthroat Harbor. (CustomFX, GemFX, McFX which is functioning)

• SingAlongThemeSong
More
8 years 3 months ago #36 by SingAlongThemeSong Replied by SingAlongThemeSong on topic TERA CTD on startup!
:huh: Not sure what to tell you. You're not running the newer Reshade. What matters is the dll, not the config files.

• crosire
More
8 years 3 months ago #37 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic TERA CTD on startup!
He's not running the newest ReShade, true, but using the most recent shader files with an older ReShade binary still yields the same effect (as long as they are compatible, which won't be the case after the next update anymore, but for now it works).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leon

• Leon
More
8 years 3 months ago #38 by Leon Replied by Leon on topic TERA CTD on startup!
That's correct Crosire :) But, is there a way that the latest 1.1.0 .dll be fixed? Can't wait for the next update and hope it will work now. :)

• Leon
More
8 years 3 months ago #39 by Leon Replied by Leon on topic TERA CTD on startup!
I was thinking what could be the difference in terms of Tera EU and Tera NA binaries that when it's ran, the other succeeds and the other crashes. :/

• Igni
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #40 by Igni Replied by Igni on topic TERA CTD on startup!
I think I might have found a workaround solution. Replacing the TL.exe and TERA.exe with the ones from the UK download seems to be working for me.
I uploaded them to my dropbox here
Also make sure to back up the executable files just in case.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Igni.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tidias, Leon

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.