Reshade 1.10 and installing presets HELP PLEASE

• seizetheday4eva
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by seizetheday4eva Reshade 1.10 and installing presets HELP PLEASE was created by seizetheday4eva
Firstly i'm a newbie and have just come accross Reshade and think it's an amazing tool, 100% going to make a payment

Tonight i plan to install the Mediator, i've watched lots of videos on how to create your own preset but what if i want to download one from thelazy.net?

I want one to use with Fallout 4. Is it as simple as selecting "thelazy.net Connect" button in the mediator? Will that link automatically find all the Fallout 4 presets or will it just find any presets for any game compatable with Fallout 4?

And once i've chosen a preset what do i then do?

Lastly if i decide to download the preset i like directly from thelazy.net what should i do after extracting all the files? I downloaded one to see how many files it would give me, thinking it would just give me the one, but i got:

SweetFX - Folder
Dxgi.dll - application extenstion
ReShade.fx - fxfile
Sweet.fx - fxfile

Basically would like to use the most simple method but happy to give both a try if someone could kindly give me some pointers :)

Oh and one last quesion, what if i decide i later want to try out another preset for the same game, does the old presets get overwritten by the new one i download?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Streaml1ne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Reshade 1.10 and installing presets HELP PLEASE
On Mediator topic,

we just released version 1.1 and the Mediator will crawl for compatible presets (so any presets that have been created in the last couple of days with the mediator).

Anyhow, once you find crawled presets you can simply "download and apply" them to your current configuration. It will only overwrite your current configuration and non of your stored presets. It will also suggest you to create a preset from it with the name of what it was given at TheLazy.net.

Alternatively, you can download any preset from any version directly (so not from Mediator feature) and port it to the current ReShade version with the following tool:
reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/114...to-reshade-1-0-later

Hope that can help you :)

• seizetheday4eva
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #3 by seizetheday4eva Replied by seizetheday4eva on topic Reshade 1.10 and installing presets HELP PLEASE
So will Mediator find this prest which was created on the 8th November for example:

sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/4648/

All the latest presets for Fallout 4 are using either Sweetfx.2.0 or the ReShade Framework so i'm assuming the crawl will pick up on all of these presets or does it only pick up on the presets created using the ReShade Framework?

Also just to clarify, are you saying that if i decide to use a preset that uses an older shader than Sweetfx 2.0, for example 1.5 that's when i need to use your tool? Or have i totally got confused with what you were saying about the tool?

고맙습니다

Sorry one last question, do i open the game using Mediator or do i open the game from steam? Also what button while in-game shows with the preset on and off is it scroll lock or does it vary from preset to preset? Last quesiton, is there a way to see half the screen with the preset on and half the screen with it off?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by seizetheday4eva.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Reshade 1.10 and installing presets HELP PLEASE
Good questions.

Only presets that have been created with the latest version of ReShade (+Framework) and uploaded as such will also be found with the crawling functionality due to compatibility.

The tool I created can be used for any preset. It will simply try to port what ever is possible. How it works is described under the link :)
You basically have the latest version of ReShade installed and port from an old preset to the new ReShade files.

You open your games from Steam. Profiles in the mediator exist to track where the ReShade binaries have been installed and to manage your presets.
Toggle buttons can vary from preset to preset, default is scroll lock.
You can activate the SplitScreen shader in the pipeline (should be one of the last) that offers you various options to split the screen. You can get into those options when clicking on it in the pipeline ;)

About the SplitScreen shader
reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/162-l...v-blog?start=12#3156
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Ganossa.

• seizetheday4eva
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #5 by seizetheday4eva Replied by seizetheday4eva on topic Reshade 1.10 and installing presets HELP PLEASE
I might be making this sound more difficult than it is. If i download the ReShade Framework 1.1.0, as long as the preset is using the same version of Sweetfx say 2.0 for example is it then just a case of downloading the preset (SweetFX settings.txt) file and replacing that one with the one that is currently inside the sweetfx folder?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.