[SOLVED] Problem with reshade freezing

• pulse4j
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by pulse4j Problem with reshade freezing was created by pulse4j
I've been having this issue on a couple of games.. first I get the prompt that shows reshade is going to activate yes/no, but that window is invisible. The only way I can see it is using aero peek. So I hit Alt-Y to select yes, and it goes away and seemingly loads the game (the process is there in task manager), but it just hangs. There is no visible application running on the taskbar.

This happens with:
Divinity: Original Sin &
Pillars of Eternity <-- this is the one I would really like to get running.

This is a fresh install of Windows 8.1.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Problem with reshade freezing
Which ReShade version are you using?

• pulse4j
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by pulse4j Replied by pulse4j on topic Problem with reshade freezing
I am using 0.16, although I've had similar problems with previous versions as well.

Thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by pulse4j.

• pulse4j
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #4 by pulse4j Replied by pulse4j on topic Problem with reshade freezing
Okay, I got it working today. Here's what I did. I disabled all my startup programs and services and restarted the game. This time the "Do you want to make the magic happen?" box appeared in plain view. I clicked yes, and it started up properly.

Then, I re-enabled all my services and startup programs, and started the game. The box didn't come up this time because I had clicked on it previously. The game started up fine.

Thanks!

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Problem with reshade freezing
So the box never dissapeared, which is why it froze. Tipp: You can just create a "[DLLNAME].log" file manually next time, that prevents the box from appearing. =)

• pulse4j
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #6 by pulse4j Replied by pulse4j on topic Problem with reshade freezing
ok gotcha.... thx for the advice and for all your work on this :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.