After Texture Dump, how to add Textures back into games?

• DrFreaK666
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #1 by DrFreaK666 After Texture Dump, how to add Textures back into games? was created by DrFreaK666
Hello,

I played a bit with the Texture Dump feature and I like it a lot.
In the past I used TexMod and uMod, but with Reshade it´s a lot easier.
I upscaled a Texture and want to add it back into the game.
How do I do that or isn´t that feature available yet?
I copied the texture back into the Tex Dump folder and made it write protected.
I copied the file into the "reshade-shaders/textures" folder, but both didn´t work.
Is it planned to add the feature into a future version, or is it already there and I only don´t know how?

Thanks for helping

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic After Texture Dump, how to add Textures back into games?
There is a texture replace add-on example here, but best to build it yourself: github.com/crosire/reshade/tree/main/exa...s/08-texture_replace (there is a prebuilt version here though: github.com/crosire/reshade-docs/releases/tag/v2024-01-15 )
It only supports replacing textures with the same dimensions however and also no DXT-compressed textures. Reads image files from a "texreplace" directory (rather than "texdump").
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by crosire.

• DrFreaK666
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #3 by DrFreaK666 Replied by DrFreaK666 on topic After Texture Dump, how to add Textures back into games?
Thanks, but my coding skills are not existent ^^

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.