ReShade 3.0 Progress Discussion

• dustymonkey
More
7 years 11 months ago #101 by dustymonkey Replied by dustymonkey on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Can confirm that the input lag is gone in:

Kerbal Space program
Half-Life 2
Portal 2

As well, the input blocker is also confirmed to work in skyrim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #102 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Works fine so far, however when toggling the menu off in dev mode, the main menu disappears but the shader editor and compiler window stays. Is that supposed to be like that?
Also, mouse key input does not seem to work in the shader, I try to bind something to right click, but the key detection does not work. If I use say ALT key, it works.

EDIT: seems like it's a keycode problem, the values here are severely wrong for most keys:

github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/blob/...r/ReShade/KeyCodes.h
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Marty McFly.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #103 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

Marty McFly wrote: Also, mouse key input does not seem to work in the shader, I try to bind something to right click, but the key detection does not work.

Mouse buttons are not keys in the traditional sense and are not recognized as such. Any other keyboard key should work fine.

To get information about mouse buttons, use the "mousebutton" source:
uniform bool leftbtn < source = "mousebutton"; keycode = 0; >; // left mouse button
uniform bool rightbtn < source = "mousebutton"; keycode = 1; >; // right mouse button
uniform bool middlebtn < source = "mousebutton"; keycode = 2; >; // middle mouse button
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by crosire. Reason: Add "mousebutton" example

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #104 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I just tested the beta 6 on my laptop. Issue still persistent, I cannot change numbers ingame. If I click on one of the drag things and want to actually drag, it just directly goes into number editing mode where I can enter numbers but it ignores every input there. Same thing on the sliders in the settings tab.

EDIT: also since beta 5 or something by default the shader editor and the log are open which is quite annoying that I have to click them away. Is that intentional?

EDIT2: ui_tooltip is already great, but how something that determines how the title shows up in the UI? like float fMXAOSomeVar ... ui_name = "MXAO Variable X"; ?

EDIT3: bools show up as 0.00000000, is that intentional?
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Marty McFly.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #105 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

Marty McFly wrote: I just tested the beta 6 on my laptop. Issue still persistent, I cannot change numbers ingame. If I click on one of the drag things and want to actually drag, it just directly goes into number editing mode where I can enter numbers but it ignores every input there. Same thing on the sliders in the settings tab.

I can't reproduce that, no matter what I try. Which game(s) does that occur in?

Marty McFly wrote: also since beta 5 or something by default the shader editor and the log are open which is quite annoying that I have to click them away. Is that intentional?

They are open always when developer mode is active, switching from developer mode to configuration or performance mode hides them.

Marty McFly wrote: ui_tooltip is already great, but how something that determines how the title shows up in the UI? like float fMXAOSomeVar ... ui_name = "MXAO Variable X"; ?

Already exists, it's called "ui_label".

Marty McFly wrote: bools show up as 0.00000000, is that intentional?

The UI currently displays all variables as if they were floats. Values are correctly converted between types, but the UI does not handle them differently yet. In the future integers will be displayed as integers and booleans as checkboxes.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 11 months ago #106 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Only GTASA so far, I can't test other games on my laptop.
Apparently I found out how to solve the bug. It seems like capslock is automatically enabled when I start the game, no matter if it's enabled on Desktop or not. I have to toggle it a few times until it works correctly. I found out when I attempted deleting the current ini I use and adding a new one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kaicooper

• Enko
More
7 years 11 months ago #107 by Enko Replied by Enko on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Alpha #6 doesn't work with DotA 2.

• Quentin-Tarantino
More
7 years 11 months ago #108 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Incredible work guys :)

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #109 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
[strike]Alpha #7: www.mediafire.com/?4gc8v02q277vs67 [/strike]
  • Updated setup tool to always ask for user confirmation even after auto-detecting a game's API
  • Added tutorial that explains the most important features of the UI
  • Added UI widgets for boolean and integer variables (Note: Integer variables are always represented as floating point on Direct3D 9, because of how they are handled internally. They are working as expected on all other APIs.)
  • Added parser syntax error when encountering an initializer on a variable with semantics
  • Replaced long list of style options with a few simple color options (much easier to change the theme now)
  • Made theme settings application-specific, rather than global and removed Style.ini
  • Changed default theme
  • Fixed some crashes
  • Fixed performance mode disabling special uniforms like timers too
  • Fixed crash if parser encounters a "switch" statement with a default case
  • Removed shader editor (that thing was buggy as hell)
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by crosire.

• lowenz
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #110 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
About D3D8 wrapper, maybe it's a good thing to remove the support in version 3.0 and maximize the compatibility with other wrapper (dgvoodoo2 D3D8->D3D11) ?
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by lowenz.

• MaxG3D
More
7 years 11 months ago #111 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Just tested the latest version, 3.0 in general is fantastic, can't wait to see the final version with all the Framework shaders ported.

• kaicooper
More
7 years 11 months ago #112 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
BIG THANX guys..really appreciate ur awesom work guys

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #113 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I'm pretty happy with the general features and UI layout of 3.0 now. So it's time to go into beta.

[strike]Beta #1: www.mediafire.com/?tyuc8tn5569b3g9 [/strike]
  • Reworked tutorial text (was more of a placeholder up until now)
  • Added option to change font scale with Ctrl + mouse wheel, so it stays readable on very high resolutions
  • Added filter edit box to variable list, so one can search for specific variable names
  • Added automatic search for preset files if none were added manually (looks through ReShade directory + subdirectories and tries to find any valid preset files)
  • Changed settings file handling: Now checks for a ReShade.ini in ReShade directory and stores settings there if found, %appdata%\ReShade\[exename].ini otherwise.
  • Changed all INI key names for the settings as well
  • Fixed crash when creating texture under OpenGL
  • Fixed display of integer variables in UI
  • Fixed missing draw call information on statistics tab of the UI
  • Fixed input not being recognized in SDL games
  • Fixed timestamp format on screenshot file names
The following user(s) said Thank You: brussell

• Ioxa
More
7 years 11 months ago #114 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: I'm pretty happy with the general features and UI layout of 3.0 now. So it's time to go into beta.

Beta #1: www.mediafire.com/?tyuc8tn5569b3g9

• Reworked tutorial text (was more of a placeholder up until now)
  • Added option to change font scale with Ctrl + mouse wheel, so it stays readable on very high resolutions
  • Added filter edit box to variable list, so one can search for specific variable names
  • Added automatic search for preset files if none were added manually (looks through ReShade directory + subdirectories and tries to find any valid preset files)
  • Changed settings file handling: Now checks for a ReShade.ini in ReShade directory and stores settings there if found, %appdata%\ReShade\[exename].ini otherwise.
  • Changed all INI key names for the settings as well
  • Fixed crash when creating texture under OpenGL
  • Fixed display of integer variables in UI
  • Fixed missing draw call information on statistics tab of the UI
  • Fixed input not being recognized in SDL games
  • Fixed timestamp format on screenshot file names

I'm still seeing integer variables being displayed as 1.000, 2.000, etc in the UI. Maybe I'm writing the code wrong? This is how I have it,

uniform int BlendMode
<
ui_type = "drag";
ui_min = 1; ui_max = 7;
ui_tooltip = "1 = Soft Light(weak), 2 = Overlay(neutral), 3 = Multiply, 4 = Hard Light, 5 = Vivid Light, 6 = Screen(strong) 7 = Linear Light";
> = 1;

On the topic of UI variables, is there a way to make them 1.00 or 1.0 instead of 1.000? Some settings don't require that much accuracy and it takes forever to go from 1.000 to 2.000.

And I can't enter the configuration menu in Battlefield 4. I see the message saying to press shift+F2 when I first start the game but the menu doesn't open.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #115 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

Ioxa wrote: I'm still seeing integer variables being displayed as 1.000, 2.000, etc in the UI.

Quote from changelog on alpha #7:

Added UI widgets for boolean and integer variables (Note: Integer variables are always represented as floating point on Direct3D 9, because of how they are handled internally. They are working as expected on all other APIs.)

Ioxa wrote: On the topic of UI variables, is there a way to make them 1.00 or 1.0 instead of 1.000? Some settings don't require that much accuracy and it takes forever to go from 1.000 to 2.000.

You can adjust the drag speed with a "ui_step" annotation. The following code would increase the value by 0.0001 between each step. Also, you can double click on any value to edit it directly.
uniform float test < ui_type = "drag"; ui_min = 0.0; ui_max = 1.0; ui_step = 0.0001; >;
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa

• lowenz
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #116 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Strange problem with the lastest version (beta)

I'm using dgVoodoo 2 to translate D3D8 to D3D11 in Deus Ex - Invisible War and his twin Thief: Deadly Shadows. ReShade 3 on top to apply SMAA. No problems at all with the previous alpha(s).
But with the lastest beta of ReShade 3 when I quit the games, I see that their default.ini file in system dir are completely rewritten and the games can't start without using a backup version of those files!
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by lowenz.

• JBeckman
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #117 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

lowenz wrote: Strange problem with the lastest version (beta)

I'm using dgVoodoo 2 to translate D3D8 to D3D11 in Deus Ex - Invisible War and his twin Thief: Deadly Shadows. ReShade 3 on top to apply SMAA. No problems at all with the previous alpha(s).
But with the lastest beta of ReShade 3 when I quit the games, I see that their default.ini file in system dir are completely rewritten and the games can't start without using a backup version of those files!

Unreal Engine 2.x right?

This I guess:
Changed settings file handling: Now checks for a ReShade.ini in ReShade directory and stores settings there if found, %appdata%\ReShade\[exename].ini otherwise.

So for UE2.x you have various ini files in the main binaries folder so ReShade "nukes" those (EDIT: Well, that, not those as it's just a single file ReShade writes to but for this engine there's one already usually named after the exe.) with it's profile file instead so I imagine you should be able to make a ReShade.ini file and it should start using that instead of [ExeName].ini :)

(Or maybe Crosire could just alter the naming a bit IE to [Exename]_ReShade.ini naming instead?)
(Or ReShade_[Exename].ini if that's better, either one works for me really or any other suggestion too for that matter.)

I've "centralized" ReShade myself so the .dll goes in the game folder and named well whatever it needs to be named to and either 32 or 64 bit but the shaders is from the recent update to the Git repository and goes to a separate "ReShade" folder which keeps things clean (Put together via the profile and path locations in the ReShade 3.0 in-game overlay menu.), maybe this could also be used for profile locations so you have C:\Wherever\ReShade-orwhatever\ReShade.ini and/or [Exename].ini instead of C:\Gamefolder\Game\BinariesFolder\ReShade.ini and/or [exename].ini potentially killing off any actual game files that way?
(Shouldn't really be common with file layouts and such being a bit smarter these days but some old games like IE Morrowind or various UE2.x games they do have a .ini like that which you wouldn't want to overwrite.)

Just a idea, maybe it's already doing that? I really haven't tested 3.x much myself and haven't updated to the beta version as I just noticed it's release. :)
(Some global or "default" profile would be neat too so one could for example SMAA everything - with the current available shader package as a example - although with how it now finds profile .ini files in the beta this might already work well enough and one would just need to set the shader and texture paths, copy & pasting support would be useful as well for those but eh just minor suggestions.)

EDIT: Ah so that's how it worked, I was incorrect then. :)
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by JBeckman.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #118 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Whoops. That is because ReShade now tries to populate the preset list with any presets that may have been put in the game folder if it's empty. So it iterates through all INI files in the game folder and checks whether those are valid preset files. Unfortunately my INI parser currently overwrites those files when it closes them, which destroys the ones that weren't meant for ReShade. Sorry. Will fix that of course.

@Ioxa: Fixed the problem that caused input to be missed in Frostbite games. It'll work in the next build.
@JBeckman: The main settings INI is either in "<game folder>\ReShade.ini" or "\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ReShade\<exe name>.ini". It can not be the one overwriting those files. To centralize ReShade simply don't create a ReShade.ini file, it will automatically fall back to the AppData one then.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #119 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
[strike]Beta #2: www.mediafire.com/?ylik1ajtn590bv1 [/strike]
  • Fixed ReShade nuking all INI files in the game folder
  • Fixed input not being recognized in games using GetMessage instead of PeekMessage for processing (e.g. Frostbite games)
  • Added parser error when encountering more than one statement in a switch case body
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa

• lowenz
More
7 years 11 months ago #120 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Thanks man!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.