ReShade 3.0 Progress Discussion

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #181 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

brussell wrote: Hey crosire, did you read my post ? What do you think of it? As I see others have a somewhat similar opinion (mindu) I think a legacy mode would be a good idea (also in a sense of backward compatibilty).

ReShade 3.0 is backward compatible. A ReShade.fx in the injector folder will be picked up by default too, so thinks work just fine with the file structure from 1.1 or 2.0. Only thing that doesn't work is the detection of file changes which was removed for performance reasons. Could be added as an option, but it's not really necessary once all effects are available in 3.0 format.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• x8009
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #182 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Hi,

Amazing work, I hope you could manage to enable the Nvidia Single Pass 3D so I can play Witcher 3 with Real3D and best performance, will we get to this ?

Does this as the current options works better than S3D tridef (real 3D) ? it does work better than P3D that we can agree I think.

I've manage for now running the game The Technomancer with SuperDepth3D_WIP_New_Render it looks really good, I'm not sure if S3D will look better if it worked.

I would like to see the best settings for Assassin Creed Unity using the SuperDepth3D_WIP_New_Render or the Single Pass for better performance.

Will Need For Speed Rivals work too ? and other games ?

I have no idea which options to choose , a lot of them look correct but I can't figure if should be the correct look of 3D. it does look 3D but I can't decide what look the best in simple words changing the options or what looks correct.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by x8009.

• mindu
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #183 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: Presets are not supposed to contain shaders. With 3.0 they are only made up of a INI file. So it doesn't make any sense to store that stuff in shader files, especially since each effect is now loaded from separate files (which one would contain that info then?). There is no global ReShade.fx anymore.

At least could it be in the same folder as injector and reshade.fx?
The reason is I don't use framework or any of the default stuff, I only use reshade.fx where I store everything, I just have minor color correction and very simple stuff, I don't even have DepthBuffer and that kind of stuff in my Reshade.fx.

The point is I only use injector.dll and reshade.fx which is very handly to have different settings for each game, and just drag and drop with everything already set up when I need to restore the backup of the game.

Now I'm doing the same with 3.0 so if those settings from .ini could be on the same reshade.fx would be beautiful instead of going to the .ini for no reason, I mean I don't use any of the default settings, Depth, etc.

I find interesting PerformanceMode but if that can't be done I honestly find more freedom on Reshade 1.1 (2.0 too but crash with some games while 1.1 is perfect in every way).

EDIT:
I use very small stuff, but as an example of big shaders you have MXAO which comes as standalone shader with everything inside of reshade.fx with his own stuff for depth and all, I find it very handly, and for his devs that needs feedback and don't want people to mix with other shaders to avoid conflicts and stuff is also very helpful. (my point is I'm not the only weirdo who uses only reshade.fx :P)

crosire wrote: ReShade 3.0 is backward compatible. A ReShade.fx in the injector folder will be picked up by default too, so thinks work just fine with the file structure from 1.1 or 2.0. Only thing that doesn't work is the detection of file changes which was removed for performance reasons. Could be added as an option, but it's not really necessary once all effects are available in 3.0 format.

If that gives any extra performance then I can live without the detection :)
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by mindu.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #184 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
As said, a ReShade.fx in the injector folder is still picked up. And the default storage location for presets is the injector folder as well. ReShade 3.0 has NO settings for anything shader related, like how to handle depth. Everything CAN be stored in the effect file if you want to. The options you seem to mean are only preprocessor macros, which nothing prevents you from defining in the effect file instead. You may delete those lines from the ReShade 3.0 settings window as well if you don't use them, they are there only for convenience so there are some global values defined for every shader.

The performance mode is only interesting if you use uniform variables to add configuration options to the ReShade 3.0 menu.

You don't seem to realize that the whole point of ReShade 3.0 is so people use standalone effect files as you described in your edit!! Every effect is now loaded from a standalone shader file exactly because of the reasons you listed.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by crosire.

• brussell
More
7 years 9 months ago #185 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: Only thing that doesn't work is the detection of file changes which was removed for performance reasons. Could be added as an option, but it's not really necessary once all effects are available in 3.0 format.

I would really appreciate it, if you could add this option. :)

• mindu
More
7 years 9 months ago #186 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
OK, I understand, but still don't know what is the point of the .ini file, it could be in the same folder to make it easier, or even inside of Reshade.fxh (or no .ini at all), I know all depth settings (preprocessor macros) from ini are ignored if you set it up in the .fx, but wouldn't be less confusing to have all that stuff in one single place (reshade.fx) like always been?

Btw I noticed effects don't load at startup when the ReShade 3.0 message shows up, if you open menu, then effects load correctly, and when you close the menu the effects turn off again until the "welcome message" ends... (don't know if it is on purpose or not)

• x8009
More
7 years 9 months ago #187 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
There is an issue where the settings doesn't save when you change from Configuration mode to Performance mode back to Configuration Mode.

I'm not sure if it happens too, when you Launch the game while it's in Configuration Mode , change some settings, and the close the game, relaunching the game. not sure if saving the settings.

Will it get fixed ? I'm currently using only the SuperDepth3D_Reprojection , as it doesn't happens because of the shader because I've tested some more others.
The following user(s) said Thank You: acrox999

• Eikee
More
7 years 9 months ago #188 by Eikee Replied by Eikee on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Hi Crosire!

This all sounds awesome, but will this version work for PC's with dual graphics? Cause I would love to finally be able to use reshade but on my laptop it will not work with my dedicated card, only the integrated one.
Thanks!

• acrox999
More
7 years 9 months ago #189 by acrox999 Replied by acrox999 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

x8009 wrote: There is an issue where the settings doesn't save when you change from Configuration mode to Performance mode back to Configuration Mode.

I'm not sure if it happens too, when you Launch the game while it's in Configuration Mode , change some settings, and the close the game, relaunching the game. not sure if saving the settings.

Will it get fixed ? I'm currently using only the SuperDepth3D_Reprojection , as it doesn't happens because of the shader because I've tested some more others.

Same, occured this to me just now. Exited the game and saw that my config was not saved. That explained why reloading reverted my configurations.

• x8009
More
7 years 9 months ago #190 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

acrox999 wrote:

x8009 wrote: There is an issue where the settings doesn't save when you change from Configuration mode to Performance mode back to Configuration Mode.

Same, occured this to me just now. Exited the game and saw that my config was not saved. That explained why reloading reverted my configurations.

So we have for a fix ? if so Reshade 2.0 fix this issue ? because I really like the menu to change all this instead doing all before game and need to alt + tab if I want to change anything and then go back to the game and use the comparison key to toggle it before and after or I don't remember or know what is the best way to know how it looked before/after key.

• Ioxa
More
7 years 9 months ago #191 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

x8009 wrote:

acrox999 wrote:

So we have for a fix ? if so Reshade 2.0 fix this issue ? because I really like the menu to change all this instead doing all before game and need to alt + tab if I want to change anything and then go back to the game and use the comparison key to toggle it before and after or I don't remember or know what is the best way to know how it looked before/after key.

You need to create a profile for the changes to be saved to. Click on the settings tab and then click on "Restart Tutorial", it will explain how to create a profile.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #192 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

Ioxa wrote: You need to create a profile for the changes to be saved to. Click on the settings tab and then click on "Restart Tutorial", it will explain how to create a profile.

This.

• lowenz
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #193 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote:

lowenz wrote: Question: ReShade saves the config presets in its folder as files with the hooked exe name.....what happens for different games with the same exe name? (example: "client.exe").

Bad luck I guess.

???

I don't understand :/

The problem is: if two games have the same name for the hooked exe (game.exe, engine.exe, something like thah) how ReShade handle this? The last game profile overwrites the other, I think.....can you add a check for an already existent profile with the same name?
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by lowenz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mindu

• mindu
More
7 years 9 months ago #194 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
why make simple things complicated? IMHO the config file have just a few settings that could be in Reshade.fx like always been, but if it is really neccesary like in ENBSeries mod it is perfect and everybody loves it because is easy to use, intuitive and everything is in the same folder with the injector (that way you also avoid the problem with same .exe names)

• acrox999
More
7 years 8 months ago #195 by acrox999 Replied by acrox999 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote:

Ioxa wrote: You need to create a profile for the changes to be saved to. Click on the settings tab and then click on "Restart Tutorial", it will explain how to create a profile.

This.

My profile has been setup properly. Everything works fine and have always been for a few days since I started using 3.0.
However, it happened the same way as he did. I put my game on "Performance Mode" and then to "Configuration Mode" back and forth for a few times and ReShade stopped saving my configuration. I had to get out of the game, edit the config file manually and reload ReShade.

Also, do we not have the on/off button for ReShade anymore? It's pretty useful for making fullscreen comparisons IMHO, unless it's still not implemented yet because there are things that are far more important than this, I completely understand that.

• acrox999
More
7 years 8 months ago #196 by acrox999 Replied by acrox999 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

lowenz wrote:

crosire wrote:

lowenz wrote: Question: ReShade saves the config presets in its folder as files with the hooked exe name.....what happens for different games with the same exe name? (example: "client.exe").

Bad luck I guess.

???

The problem is: if two games have the same name for the hooked exe (game.exe, engine.exe, something like thah) how ReShade handle this? The last game profile overwrites the other, I think.....can you add a check for an already existent profile with the same name?

ReShade doesn't save the profile according to the executable's name, but you name it yourself whatever you want it to be named as.
The config file also does not save any of the executable's name, where the hook exists, it runs. Inside the game, open the menu, choose which config you want, done.

• mindu
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #197 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
btw I would like to ask if could be possible to add an option to not load all shaders that are placed in the same folder? usually there is a lot of trash and test shaders and now all of them load giving their obvious errors... so any option to load only the ones called (with #include "") would be really useful :)

edit: other idea is something to make them different, for example put a 3.0 prefix at the begining of the shaders to be used, and only load shaders with 3.0 prefix.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by mindu.

• x8009
More
7 years 8 months ago #198 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

acrox999 wrote:

lowenz wrote:

crosire wrote:

Bad luck I guess.

???

ReShade doesn't save the profile according to the executable's name, but you name it yourself whatever you want it to be named as.
The config file also does not save any of the executable's name, where the hook exists, it runs. Inside the game, open the menu, choose which config you want, done.

Hi, I've done the tutorial again. I tried putting the files in one folder C:\Reshade then change the direction in the Textures and Effect to there in the reshade settings. Doesn't save any changes when changing from config to performance or when changing back.

I've done the tutorial again. I tried putting the files in the Game folder and direct it in the settings to the folder, still doesn't save

What do I need to do exactly so it will save the settings ? Can we have readme file or direction on how you do it with say specific game Assassin Syndicate or anything else and just direct us how you worked it out ?
I can't figure

Thank You

• lowenz
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #199 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

acrox999 wrote: ReShade doesn't save the profile according to the executable's name, but you name it yourself whatever you want it to be named as.

Not the presets, but the game config profile.
Look in ReShade user\appdata\roaming directory!
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by lowenz.

• x8009
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #200 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

lowenz wrote:

acrox999 wrote: ReShade doesn't save the profile according to the executable's name, but you name it yourself whatever you want it to be named as.

Not the presets, but the game config profile.
Look in ReShade user\appdata\roaming directory!

Hi
I have this

[General]
PerformanceMode=0
OverlayKey=113,0,1
TutorialProgress=4
PreprocessorDefinitions=RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE=1000.0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0
InputProcessing=1
TextureSearchPaths=C:\reshade
EffectSearchPaths=C:\reshade
CurrentPreset=0
PresetFiles=c:\reshade

[Screenshots]
Key=44,0,0
TargetPath=C:\Gamez\Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
ImageFormat=0

[User Interface]
ColActive=0.200000,0.500000,0.600000
Alpha=0.950000
ColBackground=0.275000,0.275000,0.275000
ColText=0.800000,0.900000,0.900000
ColItemBackground=0.447000,0.447000,0.447000

But I still can't find where or what to save. so it will open every game with it's own profile and settings.
The game settings of the Depth3D is what I need, I only have the General Settings and not the shader.

EDIT : I understand now, I need to config one folder for Reshade and for every single game I need to add another folder. now it works.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by x8009.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.