• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1 by crosire 2.0 was created by crosire
It is finally there! ReShade 2.0 features a brand new tool for managing the ReShade installation. Profile and preset management is now fully centralized and automatic, so you don't need to have a full ReShade installation per game anymore (previous versions tried to go into that direction already, but never got it quite right).

Changelog

2.0.0:
  • Added new preprocessor written from scratch
  • Added "exists" expression to preprocessor to check for file existence (example: #if exists("file.txt") ...)
  • Added "__APPLICATION_NAME__" predefined macro containing the executable name
  • Added option to hide info messages via "#pragma reshade noinfomessages"
  • Added compiler error on unexpected token while parsing statement
  • Added compiler error on unexpected token in technique declaration
  • Added default initialization to zero to all mutable ReShade FX variables
  • Added workaround for Direct3D8 applications attempting to use D3DLOCK_DISCARD on D3DPOOL_MANAGED vertex buffers
  • Added support for GL_DEPTH_STENCIL format
  • Added "mousepoint" source for uniform variables (float2 with mouse cursor coordinates)
  • Improved lexer performance with character lookup table and custom number parsing
  • Fixed crash due to deleted default render target resources on Direct3D8 device creation
  • Fixed crash when deleting OpenGL effect pass due to the VTable being overwritten to zero
  • Fixed Direct3D9 renderer not saving and restoring the viewport
  • Fixed ReShade FX namespaces
  • Fixed runtime attempting to apply effect even if compilation failed
  • Fixed input being ignored for games passing "PM_NOYIELD" to PeekMessage
  • Fixed editing the main effect file not triggering a recompile
  • Fixed signature of "rcp", "all" and "any" intrinsics
  • Fixed runtime not clearing pragma list between compiles
  • Changed statistics overlay technique rendering time element to show average value
  • Changed COM reference counting to use smart wrapper
  • Removed check for whether the same source code was already compiled previously (will always recompile now)
  • Removed ReShade FX "texture1d" and "texture3d" types
  • Removed "ID3D10DepthStencilView::Release" and "ID3D11DepthStencilView::Release" hooks
  • Removed error code to string conversion from log messages
  • Removed unused default vertex buffer object from OpenGL renderer

2.0.1:
  • Fixed Direct3D11 renderer not cleaning up COM references to the backbuffer correctly

2.0.2:
  • Added support for multi-line string literals
  • Changed floating point literal precision to 9
  • Fixed crash when multiple renderer instances reference the same window
  • Fixed compiler error when dividing a constant by zero

2.0.3:
  • Added Direct3D9 depth access for old cards which do not have "INTZ" support, but "DF16" and/or "DF24"
  • Fixed two effect parser bugs which caused invalid code generation
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aufkrawall, JPulowski, Wicked Sick, Ioxa, NattyDread, MS-DOS, Nekrik, angellman, pancakeman, padolamap and 31 other people also said thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 2.0
Thanks to crosire and everyone involved (including the community)! The day has finally come :)

- ReShade Assistant Tutorial -

Hotfix #4 Changelog (ReShade Assistant)
  • Added navigation delay option with click to skip feature
  • Added first tutorial tips to profile and preset tabs for new users
  • Added more short cuts (ctrl+R > reset; F2 > update profile/preset)
  • Added editing feature (LeftAlt+Selecting a shader in pipeline will open the .cfg file with the notepad)
  • Disabled navigation to Globals, Shaders/Pipeline and Values tabs if there is no content displayed
  • Sorta fixed for non-central management or missing/misrecognized profiles and the preview tools
  • Changed Assistant's highlighting
  • Added an option to toggle software rendering in the Assistant (might improve performance for some if toggled off/on)

Hotfix #2 Changelog (ReShade Assistant)
  • Removed traditional navigation to put at the same time more emphasize on the design specific navigation
  • Tabs have been re-ordered to fit the navigation change
  • The profile tab became the startup tab to fit the new tab order
  • Upon profile creation, the default profile will be selected
  • Added auto save feature (configuration will be saved on value change)
  • Added save short cut (ctrl + S)
  • Presets can now be renamed from within the Assistant
  • Added naming conventions to presets since they are now handled like variable values in ReShade

Hotfix #1 Changelog (ReShade Assistant)
  • Faster tab navigation
  • Changed to software rendering for Assistant windows (should lead to better performance for most users)
  • The Default preset cannot be deleted anymore from within the Assistant
  • The application linked Global.cfg will now automatically be created when the users creates a new application profile

Changelog (ReShade Assistant)

Features:
  • ReShade Assistant 3D Scene Preview Release and integration into ReShade Assistant
  • TransMod tool integration into ReShade Assistant
  • Highly customizable design
  • New layout that compresses the view while at the same time allowing transparency on feature interaction
  • No more re-compilation due to preview window size changes
  • LUT creation in 3D and non 3D preview window from selected ReShade configuration

Guide Lines:
  • RightShift + MouseWheel/Left-/RightArrowKey will scroll through feature tabs
  • RightCtrl + MouseWheel will scroll through info box
  • RightClick on non-interactive elements + MouseWheel will scroll through feature tabs
  • Removing the "ReShade Assistant.ini" will reset the configuration to some default values
  • LeftClick on Pipeline elements will activate/deactivate them
  • RightClick on Pipeline elements will select them and display their variables in the neighbor tab
  • L+prtscr in the preview window will create a LUT screenshot in the root folder

Changelog (ReShade File/Folder Layout)

2.0.0:
  • A ReShade preset is now directly linked to an application profile
  • An application profile is now directly linked to the related application
  • Global configurations (e.g. depth buffer settings) are now directly linked to an application profile
  • Shader and configuration files are now representing developer domains

Changelog (Shader)

2.0.0:
  • The depth buffer linearization functions have been overhauled
  • Many new shaders have been added to the GitHub and are now included in this release
  • Many improvements/fixes have been introduced to various shaders (which can be better explained by the related developers)

Thanks again to everyone for their hard work and the feedback we are getting from the community.
Keep it up guys and enjoy this release :side:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JPulowski, Wicked Sick, Ioxa, angellman, padolamap, SpinelessJelly, klotim, Sekta, Elimina, Tycholarfero and 6 other people also said thanks.
  • Wicked Sick
More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic 2.0
Thank you and... Goodbye, simplicity...
  • Sekta
More
8 years 1 month ago #4 by Sekta Replied by Sekta on topic 2.0
Works great. Toggling effects now works in Black Ops III :)
I'm just having trouble with the new Assistant. It's incredibly slow at changing tabs.
  • Keepo
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #5 by Keepo Replied by Keepo on topic 2.0
Doesn't work with Grey Goo (DX11). The game is crashing while starting. Any tip ?
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Keepo.
  • Apocalypso
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #6 by Apocalypso Replied by Apocalypso on topic 2.0
First thank you very much for the work!

Now for a small issue:
I'm experiencing some crashes in the mediator and I couldn't create new presets after excluding the default one in the mediator (neither the game could detect the custom one I made after deleting the default one). I'll reinstall now and try it again.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Apocalypso.
  • lowenz
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #7 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic 2.0
Crash chaining to dgVoodoo 2.51 (yes, I checked the DLLs and manually renamed the ReShade one to dxgi.dll) in Deus Ex Invisible War (working with dgVoodoo 2.51 + ReShade 1.1)
Last tracelog rows:

06/03/2016 02:46:04:680 [03372] | INFO | Recreated runtime environment on runtime 0A2DC800.
06/03/2016 02:46:04:680 [03372] | TRACE | > Returned swap chain object: 03EBEE60
06/03/2016 02:46:04:680 [03372] | INFO | Redirecting 'IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState(03EBEE60, FALSE, 00000000)' ...
06/03/2016 02:46:04:681 [03372] | INFO | Redirecting 'IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState(03EBEE60, TRUE, 0A2E7B90)' ...
06/03/2016 02:46:04:928 [03372] | INFO | Redirecting 'IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState(03EBEE60, FALSE, 00000000)' ...
06/03/2016 02:46:05:127 [03372] | INFO | Redirecting 'IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState(03EBEE60, FALSE, 00000000)' ...
06/03/2016 02:46:05:127 [03372] | INFO | Destroyed runtime environment on runtime 0A2DC800.
06/03/2016 02:46:05:127 [03372] | TRACE | Destroyed 'IDXGISwapChain' object 03EBEE60.
06/03/2016 02:46:05:128 [03372] | WARN | Reference count for 'IDXGIDevice' object 0A363140 is inconsistent: 2, but expected 1.
06/03/2016 02:46:05:128 [03372] | TRACE | Destroyed 'IDXGIDevice' object 0A363140.
06/03/2016 02:46:05:128 [03372] | TRACE | Destroyed 'ID3D11DeviceContext' object 0A363120.
06/03/2016 02:46:05:143 [03372] | TRACE | Destroyed 'ID3D11Device' object 03E3E2B8.

With Thief: Deadly Shadows (dgVoodoo-ized) black screen and no warnings in the tracelog.....(back to desktop with ESC)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by lowenz.
  • Nerd
More
8 years 1 month ago #8 by Nerd Replied by Nerd on topic 2.0
PPSSPP, Dolphin, and PCSX2 still don't work with 2.0. At least as far as Opengl goes, I got DX9 to work with PS2 emulation.
  • SPAS
More
8 years 1 month ago #9 by SPAS Replied by SPAS on topic 2.0
Same with dying light... 'clean' profile (no postprocessing effect activated on start)
DCS instead starts but I get a message about a missing profile?
I like the thing being developed! Might even throw some more coffee money in!
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #10 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 2.0

SPAS wrote: Same with dying light... 'clean' profile (no postprocessing effect activated on start)
DCS instead starts but I get a message about a missing profile?
I like the thing being developed! Might even throw some more coffee money in!

Even if you created a profile for a game (which you need for the automated profile detection), there is a slight chance it cannot be found from within the game. However, it should then always revert to the default profile.

Apocalypso wrote: First thank you very much for the work!

Now for a small issue:
I'm experiencing some crashes in the mediator and I couldn't create new presets after excluding the default one in the mediator (neither the game could detect the custom one I made after deleting the default one). I'll reinstall now and try it again.

You will need at least one preset as a reference for creating a new one. Its not advisable to delete the default preset/profile (I will disable the default preset deletion from within the assistant in the next update). I am not sure if you did but you need to first create an application profile before the app can detect it.

To all/both of you, PRESS SAVE AFTER CREATING A PROFILE SO A GLOBAL.CFG IS CREATED. (usually that should be the case when modifying the configuration anyway but I can force that on creation in the next update)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Apocalypso
  • BrokenDog
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #11 by BrokenDog Replied by BrokenDog on topic 2.0
Thanks a whole bunch for the work ya'll have been putting on the updates, can't wait to try the new shaders out when I'm done porting my preset over to this new version.

Everything seems to be working fine on my end so far, although I'm not sure how to duplicate the TuningPalette LUT shader on the new version, doesn't seem to work the same way it used to for me.

Again, thank you very much for the hard work.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by BrokenDog.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #12 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 2.0
Released a hotfix which should solve the reported issues with the assistant tool and fixes the compile error when toggle messages were enabled.

(edited in by Ganossa)
Hotfix Changelog (ReShade Assistant)
  • Faster tab navigation
  • Changed to software rendering for Assistant windows (should lead to better performance for most users)
  • The Default preset cannot be deleted anymore from within the Assistant
  • The application linked Global.cfg will now automatically be created when the users creates a new application profile
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Ganossa. Reason: Added my hotfix details to your post :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Sekta, Apocalypso, Golgotha, kinjx11
  • kinjx11
More
8 years 1 month ago #13 by kinjx11 Replied by kinjx11 on topic 2.0
this is so damn good , everything can be modded in one place
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire
  • Skypat
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #14 by Skypat Replied by Skypat on topic 2.0
thx for the release and all new shaders, incredible work.
are you using Registry Key entries ? will be a bad news... i prefer 'portable' approach :)
i don't understand how D3DX11.dll in the game folder (loaded in PC memory) do the link with framework files path ?

thx in advance for your explanation.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Skypat.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #15 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 2.0

Skypat wrote: are you using Registry Key entries ?

Nope. The assistant tool creates a ReShade.fx symlink in the game directory, which points to the location ReShade was installed/extracted to. When ReShade is loaded into the game, it detects this, and loads all files from the symlink target directory.
If you want to move the ReShade installation to a new location, you can do this, but you need to refresh all profiles in the assistant tool (via the reload button) afterwards, so those symlinks are updated.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skypat
  • Skypat
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #16 by Skypat Replied by Skypat on topic 2.0

crosire wrote:

Skypat wrote: are you using Registry Key entries ?

Nope. The assistant tool creates a ReShade.fx symlink in the game directory, which points to the location ReShade was installed/extracted to. When ReShade is loaded into the game, it detects this, and loads all files from the symlink target directory.
If you want to move the ReShade installation to a new location, you can do this, but you need to refresh all profiles in the assistant tool (via the reload button) afterwards, so those symlinks are updated.

thx, brillant :)
i didn't see the arrow on the icon...i'am just a dot... :D
are GEMFX gone ? i don't find Ambient light settings anymore

again, incredible work !
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Skypat.
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 1 month ago #17 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 2.0

Skypat wrote: thx, brillant :)
i didn't see the arrow on the icon...i'am just a dot... :D
are GEMFX gone ? i don't find Ambient light settings anymore

again, incredible work !

You can find it by author ("Ganossa") or by shader name ("Amb...") in the Pipeline tab filter.
  • lowenz
More
8 years 1 month ago #18 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic 2.0
Is it possible to avoid the *automatic* detection&writing of the reshade dll in the game folder? The problem is the automatic writing: without any confirmation reshade overwrites other wrapping dlls (dgvoodoo d3d8).
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 1 month ago #19 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 2.0

lowenz wrote: Is it possible to avoid the *automatic* detection&writing of the reshade dll in the game folder? The problem is the automatic writing: without any confirmation reshade overwrites other wrapping dlls (dgvoodoo d3d8).

Its only overwritten if you manually confirm the process. You can backup the other wrapper first.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #20 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 2.0
Updated to 2.0.1 which fixes the D3D11 crash.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JPulowski, Wicked Sick, Ioxa
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.