MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #681 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
So that means that focus is almost camera itself. There is hardly anything closer to the camera than the focal plane, so almost nothing is blurred significantly in front of the focus plane. Only behind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• NattyDread
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #682 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I can confirm - DOF_NEARBLURCURVE does nothing. Tested in Fallout 4 only with log depth off. When you tweak the value it just says "already compiled".
Can you please take a look at it?

edit: in Witcher 3 too

edit2:
also AO_FADE_START doesn't do anything right now. AO is instantly cut at AO_FADE_END.

I love the new toys btw. Thanks! AO_BLUR_STEPS is awesome!
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by NattyDread.

• sudojanveito
More
8 years 5 months ago #683 by sudojanveito Replied by sudojanveito on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi Marty,
I have been having issues with mediafire in general i.e. the page never loads :(.
I was presented with the same issue when downloading reshade, until "crosire" was nice enough to provide me with a mirror link.
Is it possible for you to provide a download link which is not mediafire?

• JD2504
More
8 years 5 months ago #684 by JD2504 Replied by JD2504 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Just wanted to point out that fade start does work with SSGI, but other than that it seems to be broken, you get a very visible cut at ao fade end.

• Nomad Soul
More
8 years 3 months ago #685 by Nomad Soul Replied by Nomad Soul on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi

Would it be possible to include Tiltshift again in the next update?

I noticed it was there in an earlier version of MasterEffect but only DOF is available in 1.1.287 and my dx9 game does not have depth buffer access so tiltshift is the only way I can simulate this kind of effect.

Alternatively if anyone knows how to enable Tiltshift in v1.1.287 or adding it manually without using a depth buffer please let me know. Thanks

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #686 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I don't add new features to ME anymore, only bugfixes. Any new shaders, improvements will be Framework exclusive. If you use the Framework instead of ME, you have tilt shift.

• ModBody
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #687 by ModBody Replied by ModBody on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Everytime I try to use this shader, Reshade gives me Error X3004 Undeclared Identifier "fBorderColor". How do I get it to work with the latest version of Reshade?
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by ModBody.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #688 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Are you possibly using an older config file with newest version?

• Goose
More
8 years 2 months ago #689 by Goose Replied by Goose on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Sir: I've just started playing with you various AOs within MechWarrior Online, and have noticed all the versions with ether "Raymarch" or "HB" in their names greatly reduce their costs to the GPU when you shift into 3rd person (F3); Is there a way to get the effect to ignore the first 3~5 meters of the image (in a game that can have sight-lines of 8km)?

• Kleio420
More
8 years 2 months ago #690 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Goose wrote: Sir: I've just started playing with you various AOs within MechWarrior Online, and have noticed all the versions with ether "Raymarch" or "HB" in their names greatly reduce their costs to the GPU when you shift into 3rd person (F3); Is there a way to get the effect to ignore the first 3~5 meters of the image (in a game that can have sight-lines of 8km)?

there are a few settings which will lower the radius/falloff of the effect. #define AO_FADE_START,#define fHBAOSamplingRange every ao i think has a radius setting when all else fails lower your sample counts

• Goose
More
8 years 2 months ago #691 by Goose Replied by Goose on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
StepCount, StepDirections, and TEXSCALE all seem important to GPU load; I should think the fade zone is one more equation to run.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 2 months ago #692 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Goose wrote: StepCount, StepDirections, and TEXSCALE all seem important to GPU load; I should think the fade zone is one more equation to run.

you asked how to lower the radius this post makes no sense to your first question

• Goose
More
8 years 2 months ago #693 by Goose Replied by Goose on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
… Your responses was clearly about addressing performance issues, as was mine.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 2 months ago #694 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Goose wrote: … Your responses was clearly about addressing performance issues, as was mine.

you asked a question i replied with an answer and then you replied with a statement im so confused , before this gets off track and back to your question did you find a solution

• Goose
More
8 years 2 months ago #695 by Goose Replied by Goose on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Not at all, I'm afraid: Yeah the GPU loads up, but ether I couldn't find the effect(s), or else they went overboard. I guess there's something about the depth buffer under TXAA2x+MFAA in MW:O that makes it more trouble then it's worth …

Thanks anyways.

• Shady
More
8 years 2 months ago #696 by Shady Replied by Shady on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I want to use MasterEffect together with ReShade\CustomFX\Deband.h
How can I do that?

• Kleio420
More
8 years 2 months ago #697 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Goose wrote: Not at all, I'm afraid: Yeah the GPU loads up, but ether I couldn't find the effect(s), or else they went overboard. I guess there's something about the depth buffer under TXAA2x+MFAA in MW:O that makes it more trouble then it's worth …

Thanks anyways.

txaa cant run with mfaa btw , and no depth effects can run if hardware aa is being ran.On to why mfaa and txaa cant run at the same time they are two different aa types and both are temporal aa thats not saying txaa cant be tuned to take advantage of how mfaa works but its hardware specific and a waste of dev time to do

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #698 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
That is not entirely true in all cases. I use TXAA on GTA V and also my AO (which is obviously depth based).

• j19861986
More
8 years 2 months ago #699 by j19861986 Replied by j19861986 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Great work in LUT function
It works as it should be.
I really like it, and the image you provided in the package for 3d-lut is only 256*16, have tried to use 4096*64 but it messes with color that it shouldn't be, resulting bad color definition, used DispCalGUI version for image.
Isn't there any way you can provide 4096*64 image for editing?
I would be grateful that you provided a high res image

Best Regards
Johan Taunajik

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #700 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I rarely use LUT feature and only added it by request. I cannot provide any LUT from this size nor will I alter ME code to fit such a LUT, sorry. ME development is stopped, only bugfixes and this is no bugfix.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.