Shader Toggler Addon

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 weeks ago #1 by OtisInf Shader Toggler Addon was created by OtisInf
More information: github.com/FransBouma/ShaderToggler
(or read the readme :)  ). The Github link above offers a release build (see Releases on the Github page) for Reshade 5.1.

It allows you to create one or more toggle groups of shaders used by the game you use Reshade with, assign your own keys to these groups for easy toggling them on/off and give them a name too. Editing them can be done inside the Reshade overlay. Marking which shaders to include uses the same keys as 3dmigoto, so it should feel familiar to the people using that.

It's 64bit only, so it won't work for games using 32bit. It's been tested on DX11/12 but should work on Vulkan / OpenGL too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Janitor, Marty, AlucardDH, tOXicSilence, jmills228, Markie, MoXiang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Markie
More
2 years 1 week ago - 2 years 1 week ago #2 by Markie Replied by Markie on topic Shader Toggler Addon
Could you please also make a texture toggler addon? Sometimes post-processing effects are just textures (lens flares, film grain, vignette, etc.) and skipping textures through shaders is not always reliable (you might skip more things than you'd like) or even possible.

Texmod is quite old now and clunky to use (Especially if you want to use it while launching games from Steam, and EasyTexMod only goes so far as it still doesn't make itself and Texmod not have to be open along with the game, uMod also isn't a lot better in that regard), and it only supports titles that are both DX9 and 32-bit I believe. For DX11 titles (32-bit or 64-bit) there's Resorep which I've never used but it seems to be mostly the same situation. For anything in between (DX10 titles or 64-bit DX9 titles) I'm not even sure there's any specific tool. Special K exists and support different APIs as well as both 32-bit and 64-bit titles I think, but it is a more general purpose tool and if all you want to do is cycle through textures and select some to skip then it's not very practical.

Long story short, having a Reshade addon that's works the exact same way as this one but for textures would be great.
Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by Markie.

• tOXicSilence
More
1 year 10 months ago #3 by tOXicSilence Replied by tOXicSilence on topic Shader Toggler Addon
Hi OtisInf,

Thank you very much for providing this addon! I was wondering if if would be possible to have an option to change the hardcoded keybinds? I do not have a keyboard with a numpad any more (I know...), and therefore can not select the shaders to toggle.

Much appreciated and thank you kindly in advance!

• The Janitor
More
1 year 10 months ago #4 by The Janitor Replied by The Janitor on topic Shader Toggler Addon
Dude, this is awesome. Finally possible to make easy HUD toggles for DX12, Vulkan and OpenGL games.

• Chavolatra
More
1 year 10 months ago #5 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Shader Toggler Addon
Has add feature for extract shaders too ??. Toggle is dont enough for ugly effects in games equal color filter, film grain or vignette.

• Moonkey
More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #6 by Moonkey Replied by Moonkey on topic Shader Toggler Addon
Maybe I'm blind and haven't seen anyone even posit this, but... Is there any way at all to have a ReShade shader apply to (or be excluded from) the game shaders you specifically toggled?
This is basically the solution to rendering under UI and i'm pulling my hair out at how close it is but my inability to figure it out.
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Moonkey.

• Nekres
More
1 year 6 months ago #7 by Nekres Replied by Nekres on topic Shader Toggler Addon
This addon appear to break the Effects Toggle of ReShade.
ReShade will still recognize the toggle key (ReShade will say "Effects are disabled. Press '<key' to enable them again." when toggling off.) but the toggling itself doesn't do anything. Shaders are still being applied even though effects are toggled off.

• eskkar
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #8 by eskkar Replied by eskkar on topic Shader Toggler Addon
Can anyone figure out why Shader Toggler has suddenly stopped saving my settings. was fine for so long. 

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.