Pixel area detection?

• Nekres
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1 by Nekres Pixel area detection? was created by Nekres
Is it possible to detect an area of red to black pixels like the HP orb in Guild Wars 2?
I would really love to have a bloody screen as texture overlay which gets bigger as my HP drops lower.

wiki.guildwars2.com/images/2/20/Health_orb.png

wiki.guildwars2.com/images/5/5a/Player-HP.jpg

Is it possible to detect when a red pixel is not existing anymore or got black?

I want to create such a script myself, but I do not know what arguments ReShade takes.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Nekres.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Pixel area detection?
Yes, that's possible. Something like this pseudocode (just guessed the position of that HP orb on the screen now to be at around (0.5, 0.94-0.98), would need more experimenting):
float strength = 0;
strength += tex2D(RFX_backbufferColor, float2(0.5, 0.94)).r
strength += tex2D(RFX_backbufferColor, float2(0.5, 0.96)).r
strength += tex2D(RFX_backbufferColor, float2(0.5, 0.98)).r
strength /= 3;

finalcolor.rgb += tex2D(bloodyScreenSampler, texcoord).rgb * strength;

• Nekres
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #3 by Nekres Replied by Nekres on topic Pixel area detection?
My resolution is 16:9 (1920x1080) Can you explain me the arguments in your pseudocode?

I created a perfect 16:9 uiMask for GW2: i.imgur.com/WOYz9YO.png
The HP orb is in the bottom center.

I would love you if you created me the snippet of code (maybe with commentary) where it checks the circle so I can learn my way around.
(I would even consider paying you a small fee.)

Another question is, I can't seem to find a prober C++ source file (*.h) Wiki site with a list of arguments.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 7 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Pixel area detection?
The shader files are ending on .h because the syntax is similar but the language is hlsl.

If you need a testing environment I recommend the Custom.h in CustomFX suite which can be used to create new shader.

• Nekres
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #5 by Nekres Replied by Nekres on topic Pixel area detection?
Is the pseudocode by cosire above detecting a circle?

Where is "RFX_backbufferColor" defined? Where can I check what it does?

I added my stuff to the pseudocode
texture bloodTex < source = "ReShade/CustomFX/Textures/CFX_bloodyScreen.png"; > { Width = 1920; Height = 1080; MipLevels = 1; Format = RGBA8; };
sampler2D bloodSampler { Texture = bloodTex; };

float strength = 0;
strength += tex2D(RFX_backbufferColor, float2(0.5, 0.94)).r
strength += tex2D(RFX_backbufferColor, float2(0.5, 0.96)).r
strength += tex2D(RFX_backbufferColor, float2(0.5, 0.98)).r
strength /= 3;

finalcolor.rgb += tex2D(bloodSampler, texcoord).rgb * strength;

I get errors in line 24, 7: global variables are considered uniform by default and line 25, 1: unexpected identifier

EDIT: I created a simple bloody screen texture for 16:9 res: i.imgur.com/1kWYsec.png

• jas01
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #6 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Pixel area detection?

Nekres wrote: EDIT: I created a simple bloody screen texture for 16:9 res: i.imgur.com/1kWYsec.png

You can try this .
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by jas01. Reason: quote

• Nekres
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #7 by Nekres Replied by Nekres on topic Pixel area detection?
Thanks, but I need more help with the hlsl shader language. I need some sort of Wiki where I can look up individual arguments and functions of the language or someone who codes the detection of the circle from above.

• Nekres
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #8 by Nekres Replied by Nekres on topic Pixel area detection?
bump

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.