ReShade bannable with VAC on?

• Derek
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by Derek ReShade bannable with VAC on? was created by Derek
I am thinking about using ReShade with Advanced Warfare with singleplayer and multiplyer for story, survival, and exo zombies.Will I be banned if I use them with other people or hosting a private match and using ReShade? I've read some topics about people being banned for using ReShade, Sweetfx, and ENB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade bannable with VAC on?
As far as I know, there has never been a proved case where somebody was banned for using a post-processing injector (apart from ENB, that one goes deeper) with VAC. But the risk is there, because technically they work similar to cheating tools. So you have to decide for yourself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GERgta

• GERgta
More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by GERgta Replied by GERgta on topic ReShade bannable with VAC on?
I have been using ReShade with Team Fortress 2 for a week some months ago and I didn't receive a ban. But do not take my word for it, I just tried it because I'm crazy.

• Courier
More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic ReShade bannable with VAC on?
Kinda offtopic but also relevant. Has there been any notices of bans by FairFight, Punkbuster or the other anitcheat systems in Origin Games like Battlefield and Battlefront?

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade bannable with VAC on?
Punkbuster did tend to kick for "Multiple Direct3D DLLs loaded" (or something like that) in the past, but only for some people and it was never doing any bans, just kept on kicking.

• GERgta
More
8 years 5 months ago #6 by GERgta Replied by GERgta on topic ReShade bannable with VAC on?

crosire wrote: Punkbuster did tend to kick for "Multiple Direct3D DLLs loaded" (or something like that)...

Sorry for the bump, but I can confirm this on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade bannable with VAC on?
Nothing I can do about that, besides hoping that Punkbuster whitelists ReShade in the future (wouldn't be the first anti-cheat vendor doing so, although they don't admit that publicly).

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.