how to open .fxc files?

• Quentin-Tarantino
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by Quentin-Tarantino how to open .fxc files? was created by Quentin-Tarantino
It be great if someone could help me with this :)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Quentin-Tarantino.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic how to open .fxc files?
fxc are compiled HLSL shaderfiles so even if you can disassemble them, you end up with ASM which would need translation and interpretation to ReShade FX which is very hard for any shaders that are not extremely small. There is a python script around that can disassemble fxc.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Marty McFly.

• Quentin-Tarantino
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #3 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic how to open .fxc files?
Double post
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Quentin-Tarantino.

• Quentin-Tarantino
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic how to open .fxc files?

Marty McFly wrote: fxc are compiled HLSL shaderfiles so even if you can disassemble them, you end up with ASM which would need translation and interpretation to ReShade FX which is very hard for any shaders that are not extremely small. There is a python script around that can disassemble fxc.

Marty its for the Shader files in GTA V. I want to mess with some shadows, Fur, Hair etc.

For example:

Shader: Hair.fxc
Changes:
//#define INTERPOLATION_LOD_GS
float g_ScreenWidth = 1280.0; to 1920
float g_ScreenHeight = 1024.0; to 1080
float g_InterpolationLOD = 1.0; to 2.0

RasterizerState SolidNoCull
{
FillMode = Solid;
CullMode = None;
AntialiasedLineEnable = false; to true

I found some interesting shader tweaks like the above on the web and i want to test them out.

Problem is that it doesn't say how to open the files!
I am working on a world overhaul mod for GTA V and i have already changed a lot of files with OpenIV and so far it looks alive
but if i just could get those shader files opened it be icing on the cake before i release it.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 5 months ago #5 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic how to open .fxc files?
Some GTA V shaders have clear content, but only control values etc, the real shadercode is compiled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quentin-Tarantino

• Quentin-Tarantino
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #6 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic how to open .fxc files?

Marty McFly wrote: Some GTA V shaders have clear content, but only control values etc, the real shadercode is compiled.

Thanks for the info :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.