Can ReShade PAUSE Games?

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by MonarchX Can ReShade PAUSE Games? was created by MonarchX
I want to make some comparison screenshots for new games like The Rise of the Tomb Raider and Tom Clancy's - The Division, but many of these games do not have a Console button that could pause the game, allowing me to change ReShade and in-game settings on-the-fly and then comparing them. For example, I want to compare Tom Clancy's - The Division SMAA-Ultra setting to ReShade's SMAA setting, but it can ONLY happen if I can pause a specific frame. NVidia does it somehow when it releases its Performance Guides for the new games, like The Division and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Games like Fallout 4 can easily be paused by pressing the Console button/key... Any ideas how to pause The Division or Rise of the Tomb Raider?

I was wondering maybe ReShade itself could come with a feature that would Capture and/or Pause games at any point?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Can ReShade PAUSE Games?
No. That would require to pause the game's clock, which every game implements differently.

• AladinZ
More
6 years 11 months ago #3 by AladinZ Replied by AladinZ on topic Can ReShade PAUSE Games?
You may use Autohotkey to do 'PAUSE' the game's process.

Have a look please: autohotkey.com/board/topic/78978-process-suspend-and-unsuspend/

First, and before you consider using the script, Install Autohotkey.

If you need more help, don't hesitate to ask : )

Cheers!

• crosire
More
6 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Can ReShade PAUSE Games?
That won't help you. Suspending the process A) renders it unresponsive and B) suspends ReShade as well.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.