Trying to download..Virus?

• Cloudwalker
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Cloudwalker Trying to download..Virus? was created by Cloudwalker
Hi there,

newby here...

i tried to download the latest version...
But every time my norton tells me there is an not so nice heuristic virus in the package...
when not deleted by norton...i try to start the 64 bit version and im. norton deletes it, its a heuristic virus..?

some help plz?

Regards
Cloudwalker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Trying to download..Virus?
ReShade hooks into another application (the game), which is behavior some viruses apply too and heuristics may thus pick it up wrong sometimes.

But to be sure, here are the VirusTotal scan results for both files:
ReShade32.dll (0 / 56): www.virustotal.com/file/eeaa6ae9265bb3cc...analysis/1459498913/
ReShade64.dll (0 / 56): www.virustotal.com/file/e9904cbbc8789e1f...analysis/1459498959/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cloudwalker

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Trying to download..Virus?

Cloudwalker wrote: its a heuristic virus..?

One should probably mention that there is no heuristic virus. When Norton talks about this, ReShade triggered its heuristic analysis which means that it didn't find any actual malware code or known virus signature, it just found that ReShade's behaviour fulfills some criteria for viruses, such as hooking into applications etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Wicked Sick, Cloudwalker

• Cloudwalker
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #4 by Cloudwalker Replied by Cloudwalker on topic Trying to download..Virus?
Yeah.

norton only tels me it is a virus but not wich one, or how old etc...
but i am a bit afraid,,because of the installation running on my computer....i really do not wanna re-install it again.... ;)

Timeripp

• Golgotha
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Golgotha Replied by Golgotha on topic Trying to download..Virus?
Everyone on this forum plus many thousands of others have downloaded and installed this file without any viral infection.

"Heuristic" is just a fancy word for "acts like"; like Marty said, it inserts itself, hooking into the .exe and Norton is correct that this "acts like" a virus. However, not all that quack are ducks, just as not all intercourse is rape.

May I dry-hump an egg beater if I tell lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Cloudwalker

• Cloudwalker
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #6 by Cloudwalker Replied by Cloudwalker on topic Trying to download..Virus?
Thank you very much for the info.

i wanted to be safe on this...

and i have installed it without any problems !

thank you ! ;)

• Wicked Sick
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #7 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Trying to download..Virus?

Golgotha wrote: Everyone on this forum plus many thousands of others have downloaded and installed this file without any viral infection.

"Heuristic" is just a fancy word for "acts like"; like Marty said, it inserts itself, hooking into the .exe and Norton is correct that this "acts like" a virus. However, not all that quack are ducks, just as not all intercourse is rape.

May I dry-hump an egg beater if I tell lies.

OMG UHAhahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAhAhaha +rep xDDDD

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.