ReShade mirror for emulator tool

• MarcusJD83
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by MarcusJD83 ReShade Repository was created by MarcusJD83
Hello ReShade community.

I know this topic hasn't had much going on but I don't want to start opening up other topics when this might do.
I apologies if this isn't acceptable.

First of - I thank Crosire, CeeJay, MartyMcFly, JPulowski and all the other Shader contributors for bringing such an awesome collection of affects and the tools that allow them to work. I am a .Net developer and have been working on a Genesis Emulator. for a while now I have been trying to allow it to use Shaders - but the knowhow is a little beyond my abilities at present.

This is what brought me to ReShade - I followed the manual install guide and Boom! it worked.
my emulator has its own UI for managing the shaders - I simply studied the CFG's and parsed them here and there.

I of course don't distribute the shaders them self only the ReShade.fx and Binary files - but this is where my request comes in :)

I have read the EULA and fully understand it.
but does this include the shaders that come with the download?

At present the App exposes a link to your repository Evan20xx.
the thing is if this link is removed or is no longer available then the simplicity of my ReShade implementation will get screwed - I know this isn't your worry or anybody else's - but I want to check if the way i am implementing a link to the download is going to be around for the foreseeable future - I fully expected you to answer this MartyMcFly ;)

So I will be moving over to ReShade 2.0 soon and I would like to know if it is ok to point the link to my own repository which will be there for the purpose of the app doing its thing.

if this is ok then before the download begins a credits screen will appear and links to the ReShade website will be presented.... overly presented :)
in essence every attempt will be made to fully Credit the work that has gone into this awesome creation and its affects

If this is not ok - I will continue to use the Repository discussed here and hope for the best - the download is for binarys and the built in shaders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade Repository
This repository is unofficial and not the official source for downloading ReShade (which is the homepage).

I personally don't have much against people hosting their own mirrors as long as credits are given (in a clear and visible way) and users are encouraged to visit this website (it's the only way I can somehow analyze how many people make use of ReShade).
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarcusJD83

• MarcusJD83
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by MarcusJD83 Replied by MarcusJD83 on topic ReShade Repository
Hi Crosire,

Thanks for the reply. in essence the link to the download will be no different to the official download (in terms of contents).
its just that the app will have a strong reference to it. - hence i need to guarantee availability and the only way i can get close to that is to host it myself.

As for credits - i wouldn't dream of not crediting where credit is due - this will be done before a download occurs.

if it helps i can 'postback' to your site (in anyway that helps) when a download has occurred from the app.
whilst the download source will be my own repository - i can still make you aware using this method?

Thanks in advanced

• crosire
More
7 years 10 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade Repository

MarcusJD83 wrote: if it helps i can 'postback' to your site (in anyway that helps) when a download has occurred from the app.
whilst the download source will be my own repository - i can still make you aware using this method?

Sounds good, thanks =)

• MarcusJD83
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #5 by MarcusJD83 Replied by MarcusJD83 on topic ReShade Repository

Sounds good, thanks =)

Coolio!

I can't see a place where i can PM. but feel free to mail me with any details that will allow me to 'ping' your site when a download happens - i code in C# so am open to suggestions.

Thanks
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by MarcusJD83.

• crosire
More
7 years 10 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade Repository
Oh. I thought you meant opening the site in a browser. Pinging alone doesn't help, it needs to run javascript. Like opening the website in background the first time the user enables ReShade or something alone those lines, if that is reasonable.

• MarcusJD83
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #7 by MarcusJD83 Replied by MarcusJD83 on topic ReShade Repository
Granted!

i shall open the ReShade website when they enable ReShade (as well as displaying Credits) :).
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.