Made a batch script to create a 3.0 "environment"

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #1 by luluco250 Made a batch script to create a 3.0 "environment" was created by luluco250
I created a Windows batch script that creates a set of folders, a preset file and a configuration file following the ReShade 3.0 standard.

For ReShade 3.0b5 (maybe works on b6, not sure as I haven't tested it): pastebin.com/BVKvD0Um

To use it, move the script to the game/application folder and either drop the ReShade dll on it or manually select between D3D9, DXGI or OpenGL32.
You could theoretically use cd on Command Prompt instead of moving the script but I haven't tested it.

Creates a simple folder structure, a default preset file and skips the tutorial.
I have set custom color values, a dark theme if you will, on personal taste.
PNG screenshot format by default.

Old stuff for 3.0b4 and below:
Warning: Spoiler!

It'll create a folder structure as follows:
Warning: Spoiler!

I would really appreciate feedback!
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by luluco250. Reason: Updated for 3.0b5
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, MaxG3D, OtisInf, andyilpro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MaxG3D
More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic Made a batch script to create a 3.0 "environment"
I feel like ReShade should have those by default, I used that exact same naming as well and that tells something...

Also, inside those folders there could be like an empty file called "place your shaders here", "place your textures here", etc.

• andyilpro
More
7 years 9 months ago #3 by andyilpro Replied by andyilpro on topic Made a batch script to create a 3.0 "environment"
THANKS, man. But I still have some troubles. For instance, if i open a game configured with your .bat, open reshade overlay, the bar with preset file selection is grey (as it should be); when i go on settings and reset the tutorial, i select the exact same path and the bar is now red. Why?
Aaaand, how to use this? i dont understand how i am supposed to add effects, how to select them. Some images of you selecting preset file and some fx effects would be really nice.

• crosire
More
7 years 9 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Made a batch script to create a 3.0 "environment"

andyilpro wrote: open reshade overlay, the bar with preset file selection is grey (as it should be); when i go on settings and reset the tutorial, i select the exact same path and the bar is now red. Why?

The tutorial highlights the part of the UI it is currently talking about in red. Continue the tutorial and it will go away.

andyilpro wrote: Aaaand, how to use this? i dont understand how i am supposed to add effects, how to select them. Some images of you selecting preset file and some fx effects would be really nice.

Download some from github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders and extract them in the ReShade folder created by the script.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andyilpro

• andyilpro
More
7 years 9 months ago #5 by andyilpro Replied by andyilpro on topic Made a batch script to create a 3.0 "environment"
ty, i feel stupid. I realized only now that the batch only creates folders, and it's up to me to put shaders inside them.

• andyilpro
More
7 years 9 months ago #6 by andyilpro Replied by andyilpro on topic Made a batch script to create a 3.0 "environment"
why does it take so long to load the game with shaders into shaders folder? like, 5 seconds without them and 2 minutes with them (no shader is actually active)

• bopper2010
More
7 years 9 months ago #7 by bopper2010 Replied by bopper2010 on topic Made a batch script to create a 3.0 "environment"
I would assume all this stuff will work efficiently once the full release version of Reshade 3.0 is out, for now its about testing and less about performance.

• crosire
More
7 years 9 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Made a batch script to create a 3.0 "environment"
Every shader is compiled, no matter whether it is enabled or not. This takes a lot of time. I hope to implement some form of caching in the future or only compile shaders on-demand if the technique is enabled. As bopper2010 said, it's in beta.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.