how unsafe is it that i use 0.14 in a game online?

• Valkyrie743
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1 by Valkyrie743 how unsafe is it that i use 0.14 in a game online? was created by Valkyrie743
hey,

Been playing bf4 and have (and still am) using a build of eFX for a while now. for some reason i cant get it to hook battlefield 3. so was just going to use this but wanted to know opinions on using this while playing on. eFX has caused no issues with bf4 online so figured maybe this would be ok as well?

i know you dont support eFX anymore but i dont understand why it fails to hook battlefield 3 but battlefield 4 works fine.

log from eFX trying to hook bf3
2015-02-15 23:52:53 | INFO | GENERAL | Initializing Crosires "eFX" Version 2.0.0.0 ...
2015-02-15 23:52:53 | INFO | HOOK | Installing "d3d11" hooks from file "C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll" ...
2015-02-15 23:52:53 | DEBUG | HOOK | Ready to install 2 hooks
2015-02-15 23:52:54 | INFO | PROXY | Redirecting "D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain"
2015-02-15 23:52:54 | FATAL | PROXY | Original "D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain" failed with "Unknown"
2015-02-15 23:53:02 | INFO | GENERAL | Terminating ...
2015-02-15 23:53:02 | DEBUG | HOOK | Ready to uninstall 2 hooks
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Valkyrie743.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bishi
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #2 by Bishi Replied by Bishi on topic how unsafe is it that i use 0.14 in a game online?
I've used sweetfx injector, boulataurs injector, efx and now reshade v0.1 through v0.15 and never had a problem with being kicked etc from online games. This includes extensive play in BF3 and BF4.

If i were you id start using reshade anyway. It's faster for starters. Sweet fx configuration file has not changed much, use a text comparison tool if you want to transpose your old settings. I can't think of a reason not to be using the latest and greatest...
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Bishi.

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic how unsafe is it that i use 0.14 in a game online?
I got kicked once from BF3, they said something about multiple DX injections or something like that.

In BF 4, during the game time, I never got kicked because of it and I played a lot.

I won't risk using it with VAC protected games, tho.

• CeeJay.dk
More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by CeeJay.dk Replied by CeeJay.dk on topic how unsafe is it that i use 0.14 in a game online?

Bishi wrote: If i were you id start using reshade anyway. It's faster for starters. Sweet fx configuration file has not changed much, use a text comparison tool if you want to transpose your old settings. I can't think of a reason not to be using the latest and greatest...

According to my tests SweetFX 1.5.1 is still faster but SweetFX 2.0 is getting there - The new preview 6 is faster than SweetFX 1.5.1 in everything except SMAA and FXAA which still needs more work. Fortunately I know what needs to be done and by the time 2.0 reaches final it should be faster than 1.5.1 in every way.

ReShade itself is also faster than InjectSMAA, Boulotaurs, EFX and ENB, so it's a great platform for SweetFX 2.0 to run on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Bishi, turboscalpeur

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic how unsafe is it that i use 0.14 in a game online?
The preview 6 wasn't uploaded yet, right?

• CeeJay.dk
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #6 by CeeJay.dk Replied by CeeJay.dk on topic how unsafe is it that i use 0.14 in a game online?
Not to reshade.me but I shared the link in the guru3d forum thread - that said I'll be replacing it with preview 7 in less than an hours time, because preview 6 had a number of bugs that I've now hopefully squashed.

Crosire is not currently online to update reshade.me.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by CeeJay.dk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Omnipotus

• Bishi
More
9 years 1 month ago #7 by Bishi Replied by Bishi on topic how unsafe is it that i use 0.14 in a game online?

CeeJay.dk wrote:

Bishi wrote: If i were you id start using reshade anyway. It's faster for starters. Sweet fx configuration file has not changed much, use a text comparison tool if you want to transpose your old settings. I can't think of a reason not to be using the latest and greatest...

According to my tests SweetFX 1.5.1 is still faster but SweetFX 2.0 is getting there - The new preview 6 is faster than SweetFX 1.5.1 in everything except SMAA and FXAA which still needs more work. Fortunately I know what needs to be done and by the time 2.0 reaches final it should be faster than 1.5.1 in every way.

ReShade itself is also faster than InjectSMAA, Boulotaurs, EFX and ENB, so it's a great platform for SweetFX 2.0 to run on.

Thanks Ceejay, my tests may have been a little biased since i was testing x64 only (mainly BF) so could only use Boulataurs, eFX, RadeonPro previously. Still, the SMAA is often as good as the in game MSAA and with far less performance hit even if it not fully optimised yet. So i am, as always very grateful for your efforts :)

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 1 month ago #8 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic how unsafe is it that i use 0.14 in a game online?
Just got the preview seven from Guru 3D. I will try it tomorrow. Thank you, CeeJay.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.