CSGO and Reshade 3.0.3

• DaMartyr
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by DaMartyr CSGO and Reshade 3.0.3 was created by DaMartyr
Ok I was using ReShade and SweetFX 2.0 with my favorite preset being this one sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1641/ . So how on earth do I install reshade 3.0.3 and use my preset? Is this possible? I saw the message saying to use Reshade 3.0.3 on sweetfx site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic CSGO and Reshade 3.0.3
Installation should be self explaining. The preset you'll have to manually apply in ReShade by copying over the values. The file format has changed.

• DaMartyr
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by DaMartyr Replied by DaMartyr on topic CSGO and Reshade 3.0.3
Could you explain this any further? Or point me in the right direction to maybe a guide would be nice for some help? Using SweetFX 2.0 with ReShade 2.0.3 is there any advantage to updating it to the 3.0.3 in Battlefield 4?

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic CSGO and Reshade 3.0.3
Install ReShade 3.0. Run the game and create a new preset in the in-game GUI (the tutorial after first launch will take you through the steps to do this). Exit the game, open the created preset file. Now copy over all the values from the SweetFX preset to the corresponding variable names in the ReShade preset file. Done.

There are numerous advantages. The most obvious being that you now have an in-game GUI and that you can update values and see changes in realtime in it. Also, performance has improved over previous versions of ReShade (in some special cases significantly so).

• DaMartyr
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #5 by DaMartyr Replied by DaMartyr on topic CSGO and Reshade 3.0.3
Ok thank-you ill give that a try. I do know that you have to with CSGO put the files in the bin folder do you know which ones? Also is it recommended that i download the standard effects when it asks? Also as far as in game settings go any special things I need to change?
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by DaMartyr.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic CSGO and Reshade 3.0.3
Yeah, you want the effects, or else you'll have a blank ReShade without anything to configure.
For installation just point the setup tool to the CSGO executable file. Afterwards move d3d9.dll and d3d9.ini into the bin folder if that's required. Everything should be set up then.

• DaMartyr
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #7 by DaMartyr Replied by DaMartyr on topic CSGO and Reshade 3.0.3
Hey just a question is there any risk of VAC Disconnects or VAC bans using your ReShade software?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.