Loaded all shader at install, need to remove some.

• RealRobD
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by RealRobD Loaded all shader at install, need to remove some. was created by RealRobD
When I used Reshade for the first time I elected to grab all shaders on the list, just in case.

Well, that was moronic seeing that I'm only using maybe 5 or 6.

How do I remove the unused shaders so that I don't need to compile 30+ every time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Loaded all shader at install, need to remove some.
Delete the *.fx files in the <game>\reshade-shaders\Shaders folder of the ones you don't need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RealRobD

• RealRobD
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by RealRobD Replied by RealRobD on topic Loaded all shader at install, need to remove some.
Simple enough, thank you :)

• Abaxial
More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by Abaxial Replied by Abaxial on topic Loaded all shader at install, need to remove some.
I have the same problem. I tried removing the unwanted .fx files and on running the game (Skyrim SE) got an error message that shaders were incorrectly configured, and none of them loaded at all. Do i need to remove references from the .ini file also? I tried editing out all reference to the unwanted shaders but that still gave errors.

• FierySwordswoman
More
7 years 4 months ago #5 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Loaded all shader at install, need to remove some.
Some .fx files depend on one another. If you open the log, you'll see something like "xxx.fx not found".
As far as I remember, this isn't the case with most or all default ReShade shaders. However, other shaders, like PirateKitty shaders, often depend on each other to work properly.

"None of them loaded at all". Sounds kinda like you messed up/removed the ReShade.fxh file. Generally if it's an issue with one or two shaders, they'll be the only ones to not load. The ReShade.fxh module, however, is used by every shader I know of (you can see '#include "ReShade.fxh"' in all of them).

Side note:
A way to further optimize startup times is to categorize shaders into sub-directories. Example:
Inside the main 'shaders' folder, have a 'depth' folder that has all the depth-based effects. That way, games by default won't load all the depth effects until you add the 'depth' folder to your shader paths.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abaxial

• Abaxial
More
7 years 4 months ago #6 by Abaxial Replied by Abaxial on topic Loaded all shader at install, need to remove some.
Full marks, madam. I failed to spot that ReShade.fxh was not a .fx file. All works now. Thank you muchly!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.