Online/Source Game question

• Neoony
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #1 by Neoony Online/Source Game question was created by Neoony
Hello.

I would like to ask some things.

Is there any reason why does Reshade not work in offline mode of Source Engine Games?

And...if somebody...in theory...removed the traffic detection, now that the Reshade is open source, and used it online. Would reshade overall get detected and blacklisted over time? Or would it only ban those who compile their own version? Or anything similar?
Should common users with official version of Reshade get worried about it getting suddenly blacklisted now? Or the Official Reshade builds should not get affected?

Iam totally fine with only having it work offline. Which should now be possible...and if I did it, I wouldnt be the first one...except I dont intend to spread it around.
...just simply, whats the opinion of authors about this issue, now that it is open source?
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Neoony.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Neoony
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #2 by Neoony Replied by Neoony on topic Online/Source Game question
Well, it seems it still doesnt read the depth, even after removing the traffic check :(

Any idea why?

Depth not readable in source?

• Neoony
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #3 by Neoony Replied by Neoony on topic Online/Source Game question
Oh, right.

I actually figured it out.
No need to edit Reshade or disable traffic check.

You need to switch to r_drawvgui 0
But wait...dont do it until you make a bind for it:
bind k "r_drawvgui 1"
bind l "r_drawvgui 0"

The depth seems only readable while r_drawvgui 0
But it also makes you unable to use any gui elements, like console or any windows...thats why the bind.

Best thing?
Reshade has nothing to worry about, because you need to use sv_cheats 1 to be able to use that command.
So you can either only use it offline, or on your own server.
I would still rather -insecure it if its your own online server, but then I guess you would have to disable traffic check in reshade.
Ability for being on a custom online server of your own, with friends, might also help with moviemaking.

So Iam not sure whats all the fuzz about with worrying about online use with source engine games.
Or why the devs really dont seem to want to help getting depth up and running with source engine.

Definitely works with CSGO.
Now Iam gonna try Empires, which is a source engine game I originally intended to use it for. (might be older engine, source sdk 2013)

:P

EDIT: Totally works that way.
Empires seems to need
RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE=6000.0
RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=1

But seems to be better when set in Pirate_depth custom shaders

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.