Reshade 2.0.x Open source.

• piltrafus
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #1 by piltrafus Reshade 2.0.x Open source. was created by piltrafus
Hi,
I'll like to show my appreciation for the release of the open code. Reshade is a work of genius. I'm not a developer or software engineer, however, I appreciate the opportunity to learn, and maybe even try to build from such a great tool.

I'll like to know if the released source from older versions is also ready to be build. I tried version 2.0.1 and I'm getting errors.
Crosire, do you mind telling us if those older sources are good to go?
and what do you need in terms of libraries or SDK's in order to build them.

Thanks a lot for your generosity. And congrats on the new job.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brussell
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #2 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Reshade 2.0.x Open source.
I've thought about this as well, and after some trial and error, I've been able to successfully build Reshade 1 and 2. Here's what you need (please correct me if I'm wrong about sth., crosire):

- you need different VC++ compiler and libraries for the different major releases, therefore you have to install Visual Studio 2012 ( iso ) for Reshade 1.x and Visual Studio 2013 ( iso ) for Reshade 2.x (I've tested only 2.0.3 and 1.1, so maybe they are some other differences)
- additionally boost (community developed C++ libraries) is required. The latest release works well for me.
- Reshade 2.x needs some libraries from the dxsdk, which are missing in it's dep folder. Fortunately they are present in 1.x releases, so one can simply copy "dep\dxsk\" to a 2.x release. Also DirectX SDK has to be installed.
- now first download boost 1.63.0 and extract it somewhere, e.g C:\boost
- for Reshade 1 and 2 we have to build some statically linked libraries for the 32bit and 64bit platform:
- run "C:\boost\boost_1_63_0\bootstrap.bat" to prepare the boost-build system
- to ease the building process, I've created two .bat files in "C:\boost\" with the following content ( reference ):

boost_vs11.bat
call "%VS110COMNTOOLS%..\..\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86
cd boost_1_63_0

b2 -j6 variant=release toolset=msvc-11.0 address-model=64 architecture=x86 link=static threading=multi runtime-link=static --build-type=minimal stage --stagedir=stage/vs11/x64
b2 -j6 variant=release toolset=msvc-11.0 address-model=32 architecture=x86 link=static threading=multi runtime-link=static --build-type=minimal stage --stagedir=stage/vs11/win32

boost_vs12.bat
call "%VS120COMNTOOLS%..\..\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86
cd boost_1_63_0

b2 -j6 variant=release toolset=msvc-12.0 address-model=64 architecture=x86 link=static threading=multi runtime-link=static --build-type=minimal stage --stagedir=stage/vs12/x64
b2 -j6 variant=release toolset=msvc-12.0 address-model=32 architecture=x86 link=static threading=multi runtime-link=static --build-type=minimal stage --stagedir=stage/vs12/win32

- those scripts invoke the specific VS toolset and start the compiling process. (the -j# parameter specifies the number of cpu cores used). If you only want to build Reshade 2.x, just run the second script
- this can take some time. The libraries for the different toolsets and platforms can then be found under "C:\boost\boost_1_63_0\stage\"

- now open ReShade.vcxproj of your desired Reshade source release (you can always choose the latest IDE, e.g VS2015)
- hit Cancel when the message "Upgrade VC++Compiler and Libraries" appears
- right click on Reshade (the project, not the solution) and choose "Properties"
- Change "Configuration" to "All Configurations" and "Platform" to "All Platforms"
- under "C/C++/General" go to "Additonal Include Directories", and add the path "C:\boost\boost_1_63_0"
- next change "Platform" to "Win32", switch to "Linker/General" and under "Additional LIbrary Directories" add the path "C:\boost\boost_1_63_0\stage\vs12\win32\lib" (assuming that you want to build Reshade 2.x)
- now change "Platform" to "x64" (we want to build ReShade64.dll as well), and also add the path "C:\boost\boost_1_63_0\stage\vs12\x64\lib"
- thats it, now you should be able to build Reshade without errors (don't forget to change configuration to "Release" before build, or you get some missing version.h errors)

edit:
-Releases before Reshade 1.0 require that "Microsoft Foundation Classes" are installed (Part of the Visual 2012 installation)
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by brussell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, piltrafus

• crosire
More
7 years 3 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 2.0.x Open source.
Versions before 3.0.0 had some dependencies like Boost which is why they are much harder to build and I haven't added any information about them. It's not very useful anyway, except for debugging a game that worked in one of those old versions and no longer does maybe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: piltrafus

• piltrafus
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #4 by piltrafus Replied by piltrafus on topic Reshade 2.0.x Open source.
Thanks a lot for all the info. Is really useful.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.