Custom Reshade for specific game

• piltrafus
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #1 by piltrafus Custom Reshade for specific game was created by piltrafus
Hi,
with the release of the open source, would it be possible to compile a custom version of reshade for a single game? Specially for games where the automatic detection of the depth pass fails. I have no idea if that even makes sense but I'm guessing that the automatic detection process could be substituted for a specific instruction to read the depth for that specific game.
For example Reshade can't detect the depth for Batman Arkham Asylum. An specific compile of Reshade could be made that only works for that game right?
Would that be a fair use of the open source code? And if so, can you help with pointing in which file should we start to work to create an specific depth buffer detection?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• NoMansReshade
More
7 years 3 months ago #2 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Custom Reshade for specific game
Why wouldn't it? You could turn Reshade into ENB for god's sake!!! Whether or not anybody will actually do this remains to be seen. At least not anytime soon, considering there are still only 2 contributers on the official github. Perhaps with time, though!

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 3 months ago #3 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Custom Reshade for specific game
I'm more interested in things like world/view/projection matrices, one can do a lot with that already.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.